• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How the next Republican debate will go

Started by 136 or 142, September 01, 2015, 06:18:18 AM

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 17, 2015, 09:01:12 AM
I have more chance of becoming President than Trump. It's one thing enjoying it as a circus act, but people have a tendency to change their minds when they actually have to vote on something. That's why opinion polls are so useless; they give the TV people something to witter on about but it actually means nothing. It's Lombard Street to a china orange that he'll back out before any serious decision is taken anyway. The man's about as much use a chocolate fireguard, and he knows it.

You could not possibly be more wrong. I assure you, Trump is in it, to win it. He wants to be President. The final, big feather in the cap.  He may not get there, but he certainly wants it, and is campaigning like he wants it.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 17, 2015, 10:38:09 AM

You could not possibly be more wrong. I assure you, Trump is in it, to win it. He wants to be President. The final, big feather in the cap.  He may not get there, but he certainly wants it, and is campaigning like he wants it.

Well, if that's the reason he's doing it then I hope he gets nowhere near. Not that he is likely to. It shouldn't be the equivalent of moose-hunting where he just wants a nice big pair of antlers to put on the living room wall. I'm with my boy Plato on this one, the last people who should be made leaders are the ones who actually want it.

Quote from: onan on September 17, 2015, 02:27:51 AM
Although, I too have been known to paste several links to bolster my point, I have learned that very few click on all of them.

I only clicked the last one, the one I didn't delete while quoting you.

This is this kind of "if it's on the internet, it must be true" stuff that is the equivalent of throwing shit on the wall. No matter how wrong it is, the stink never really goes away.

The only people that believe MLK was a conservative are his "wanna be a celebrity" crazy niece Alveda and "gotta be right. no matter the facts" zealots.

MLK chose not to side with Democrats or Republicans.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/213435/7-big-lies-conservatives-want-you-to-believe-about-martin-luther-king-jr/

Choosing an ideology and then being disappointed because it became dogma isn't just a liberal experience.

You're absolutely right, I posted all those because it literally took more time to copy and paste the links than it did to find a wealth of information backing up this point. I thought the Washington Post and Breitbart articles were particularly interesting.

I'm just pointing out that the left is just as if not more hypocritical and ridiculous about race than the right.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 17, 2015, 10:38:09 AM

Why would Trump give up a multi-billion dollar kingdom he spent his whole life building for a $400,000 a year job where he will be microanalyzed, vilified and actually have to produce?

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 17, 2015, 02:03:44 PM
Why would Trump give up a multi-billion dollar kingdom he spent his whole life building for a $400,000 a year job where he will be microanalyzed, vilified and actually have to produce?

That's an interesting thought.  What would happen to all of Trump's business assets if he had to avoid conflict of interest?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 17, 2015, 03:22:12 PM
That's an interesting thought.  What would happen to all of Trump's business assets if he had to avoid conflict of interest?

...How is this not a question that's been asked?

chefist

Ego boost probably...or just increases the value of the "Trump" brand...

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 17, 2015, 11:51:58 AM
Well, if that's the reason he's doing it then I hope he gets nowhere near. Not that he is likely to. It shouldn't be the equivalent of moose-hunting where he just wants a nice big pair of antlers to put on the living room wall. I'm with my boy Plato on this one, the last people who should be made leaders are the ones who actually want it.

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but that's the very reason why every politician runs for president. Who doesn't want to be President? For any politico, it represents the pinnacle of their chosen career path. And for Trump -- the alphiest Of alpha males -- it's all about power and confirmation, legacy, etc.

He's not giving it up. All of his holdings would be placed in a trust until such time as he no longer held office. Beyond that, why wouldn't he want to be President? Think about it.