• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Removal of the Confederate Flag

Started by 11angeleyes11, June 27, 2015, 11:52:07 AM

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on June 27, 2015, 10:58:05 PM
I have been following this all week.  Now, I have read somewhere that it appears that Amazon may be banning books about the Confederate Flag.  This scares me.  Flag banning and now book banning about controversial topics because Washington and the Feds say it is so?

I look upon the removal of the Confederate Flag as  a First Amendment issue, so say it may end up in court?  I did some informal research by contacting the Sourthern Poverty Law Institute for their opinion.  I have not read their formal statement, but I did speak to the public affairs department. They support this.  I also attempted to contact the ACLU in Washington, but no answer since it was Friday afternoon in Washington?  The ACLU office in the state I live in was voice mail answers, so that was as far as I got.  I did not leave a message. 

It may be me, but I sense the political winds are blowing in a new direction.

I said this about that NAACP Spokane thing but the left is becoming downright conservative. The extremist side of the liberals have taken that ideology hostage and made so you're an ostracized racist, sexist, homophobe if you disagree with them. The rest of the liberals are too pussy to resist or speak out. Yet the extremists are pushing really archaic prejudiced notions of race and are doing their best to murder free speech. If you resist or speak out against it, they treat you like money conservatives of the Bush Administration where they try to act so much smarter than you, gang up and shame you, then they need a nap. I think progressivism is dead in this country and what really pisses me off is liberals are either too weak or too stupid to stand up to what is largely rackets by hucksters.

We got some good shit out of this wave of liberalism. Gay marriage and marijuana legalization are both steps forward for society. But now its beginning to eat itself.

Of course the Republicans are so out of touch with modern reality that they're nowhere on the radar when now would be a golden opportunity to start making their presence felt and saying smart things in media.

Quick Karl

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 27, 2015, 11:33:59 PM
I said this about that NAACP Spokane thing but the left is becoming downright conservative. The extremist side of the liberals have taken that ideology hostage and made so you're an ostracized racist, sexist, homophobe if you disagree with them. The rest of the liberals are too pussy to resist or speak out. Yet the extremists are pushing really archaic prejudiced notions of race and are doing their best to murder free speech. If you resist or speak out against it, they treat you like money conservatives of the Bush Administration where they try to act so much smarter than you, gang up and shame you, then they need a nap. I think progressivism is dead in this country and what really pisses me off is liberals are either too weak or too stupid to stand up to what is largely rackets by hucksters.

We got some good shit out of this wave of liberalism. Gay marriage and marijuana legalization are both steps forward for society. But now its beginning to eat itself.

Of course the Republicans are so out of touch with modern reality that they're nowhere on the radar when now would be a golden opportunity to start making their presence felt and saying smart things in media.

The left is the American Taliban...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 27, 2015, 11:35:21 PM
The left is the American Taliban...

Only if you're a moron and believe the Taliban are left wing. Please feel free to list the left wing philosophies of the Taliban, or indeed any Middle East based group/ government/ Tupperware coffee morning.

ksm32

Flags don't enslave people. People enslave peo...  Ahh Fuckit! You know what I mean.  I want one.

A flag, not a slave.  Although, I could sure use the help.

b_dubb

When I lived in North Cackalacky people would say "the South will rise again". To which I would add "under a Northern boot heel".

I wasn't well liked by the Natives.

paladin1991

Quote from: b_dubb on June 29, 2015, 12:17:57 PM
When I lived in North Cackalacky people would say "the South will rise again". To which I would add "under a Northern boot heel".

It wasn't because you are a fascist liberal damnyankee carpetbagger.  It's because your hygiene is better.

henge0stone

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 27, 2015, 02:43:14 PM
I feel the same way.  I never owned a rebel flag but you know what I bought one along with some bumper stickers when this shit hit the fan.  I also bought a US flag and a Betsy Ross flag as well.  I think I'll wait til next year to fly the Rebel Flag during Confederate Memorial Day.

You guys realize the debate is whether they should fly the flag over a federal building and has nothing to do with personal ownership right?

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on June 29, 2015, 12:17:57 PM

When I first moved to NC, I was the butt of many "damned yankee" jokes. One day, I said to one of the funny guys, shut up or we will come down here and kick your ass again.

We all got along better after that ::)

Quote from: henge0stone on June 29, 2015, 02:59:34 PM
You guys realize the debate is whether they should fly the flag over a federal building and has nothing to do with personal ownership right?

I wasn't going to say anything, but that's twice you've mentioned this. Read 11angeleyes11's opening post again - or for the first time, if you only scanned it.

The Eclectic Muse was not limiting its comments to flag removal over a federal structure.

I think many of us were bitching about "potential," good or bad, in the media and knee jerk reactionary group think by people and by politically correct corporations turning it into a blown out of proportion campaign.

(Though I am not convinced Walmart is suffering from knee jerk-itis. Theirs is probably a very calculated shading.)

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 27, 2015, 07:12:47 PM
I believe that people should be able to fly the Confederate Flag if they want to, but I also believe that it should not be flown on any government property - after all, they lost the war.

Nevertheless, the argument that the Confederate Flag represents "southern pride" is horse shit. Everyone on Earth knows that the folks that fly that flag, or that paste it to their pickup truck, do it to express their racism - either against black folks, or against black folks and Jewish folks, or against black folks, Jewish folks, and Yankees.

It NEVER flew over any State House until 1961, and then it was flown as a huge middle finger to desegregation.

Companies and TV programs that portray that flag, do so for profit, and they hire Madison Ave bullshit artists to come up with horseshit that morons and racists can cling to, to defend displaying it.

On the upside, the controversy over the Confederate Flag (or the Battle Flag of The Army of Virginia that has been adopted by racists and segregationists, and the Dukes of Hazard, as their Confederate Flag) is that it shows just how much racism there is on both sides, in America.

It belongs in a museum, not on government property. Individuals can do as they like.

I don't think that it should necessarily fly over a state capitol.  I do think it should fly on Southern battlefields and cemeteries. To be technical, the rebel flag was adopted by the Mississippi state legislature in 1894 and readopted in 2001.

I never even thought about owning a rebel flag until the big retailers said they would no longer sell it.  Many people in the South do not use the symbol to incite racism. They use it to make a statement against tyranny.  My roots are in the South but I'm personally a California man and my parents were white-collar suburban types with college degrees.  They never even spoke about the Civil War or the Rebel flag. Maybe when watching a movie a comment was made but not that I can remember.  They voted for Kennedy and Nixon.  I don't like to be told what I can and cannot do by the Federal government.  I'm likely to rebel if they push the issue.  That is simply what the rebel flag means to me.  It's a giant fuck you to an overreaching Federal leviathan.  I've also never been the least bit racist in all of my years.  I have Choctaw blood in me.  I evaluate a person by the content of his character not the color of his skin.  Though I have to admit, Obama, Holder and Sharpton sure are not helping the race issue in this country.  The racial divide is now almost as bad as it was in the 1960's.  Thank you, Barry.

Quick Karl

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 29, 2015, 07:23:49 PM
I don't think that it should necessarily fly over a state capitol.  I do think it should fly on Southern battlefields and cemeteries. To be technical, the rebel flag was adopted by the Mississippi state legislature in 1894 and readopted in 2001.

I never even thought about owning a rebel flag until the big retailers said they would no longer sell it.  Many people in the South do not use the symbol to incite racism. They use it to make a statement against tyranny.  My roots are in the South but I'm personally a California man and my parents were white-collar suburban types with college degrees.  They never even spoke about the Civil War or the Rebel flag. Maybe when watching a movie a comment was made but not that I can remember.  They voted for Kennedy and Nixon.  I don't like to be told what I can and cannot do by the Federal government.  I'm likely to rebel if they push the issue.  That is simply what the rebel flag means to me.  It's a giant fuck you to an overreaching Federal leviathan.  I've also never been the least bit racist in all of my years.  I have Choctaw blood in me.  I evaluate a person by the content of his character not the color of his skin.  Though I have to admit, Obama, Holder and Sharpton sure are not helping the race issue in this country.  The racial divide is now almost as bad as it was in the 1960's.  Thank you, Barry.

My point was that the battle flag of Gen. Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia (Stars and bars - also incorrectly called the Confederate Flag) never flew over ANY State property until desegregation was passed, and was done so as a giant middle finger to blacks and the SCOTUS.

I have no problem with it being flown at war memorials or battlefield memorial sites, or on private property, for whatever the reason - I just don't believe it should be flown on Government (governing bodies) property.

The racial divide in America is worse than it was in the 60's thank you Barry, and the elite, intellectual, science-based, liberal machine.

I would be torn over adopting the battle flag of Gen. Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia as our battle flag when we are forced into rebellion, as we will be, because of what it represents to black folks - but it's a toss up.

Quick Karl

You inspired me to create a Battle Flag for the Army of The Republic - for the coming revolution...

I tried to compromise between the flag of Gen. Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia while not offending American Blacks, and the flag of the State of Texas, kind of...

It's a work in progress!

Long live The Republic!

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 29, 2015, 07:45:39 PM
My point was that the battle flag of Gen. Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia (Stars and bars - also incorrectly called the Confederate Flag) never flew over ANY State property until desegregation was passed, and was done so as a giant middle finger to blacks and the SCOTUS.

I have no problem with it being flown at war memorials or battlefield memorial sites, or on private property, for whatever the reason - I just don't believe it should be flown on Government (governing bodies) property.

The racial divide in America is worse than it was in the 60's thank you Barry, and the elite, intellectual, science-based, liberal machine.

I would be torn over adopting the battle flag of Gen. Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia as our battle flag when we are forced into rebellion, as we will be, because of what it represents to black folks - but it's a toss up.

I know what you mean and I agree with you.  I found a couple stories on youtube about blacks who support the Rebel flag.  Actually there are a lot more but I've only watched these 2 clips. Of course, others call them Uncle Toms.  It is another perspective though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD5JRPV0W7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hPo6mYnks

Quick Karl

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 29, 2015, 08:43:52 PM
I know what you mean and I agree with you.  I found a couple stories on youtube about blacks who support the Rebel flag.  Actually there are a lot more but I've only watched these 2 clips. Of course, others call them Uncle Toms.  It is another perspective though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD5JRPV0W7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hPo6mYnks

Didn't you know? Every American Black that doesn't pipe the elite, intellectually superior, science-based, liberal-democrat party line, is by default, an Uncle Tom...

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 29, 2015, 08:40:49 PM
You inspired me to create a Battle Flag for the Army of The Republic - for the coming revolution...

I tried to compromise between the flag of Gen. Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia while not offending American Blacks, and the flag of the State of Texas, kind of...

It's a work in progress!

Long live The Republic!

Nice!

I would rather get behind something new that has no baggage but it definitely has to piss the Feds off.  The cross will definitely draw the ire of the government.  It is like a vampire in more ways than one.  They not only suck the blood out of you, they suck everything else out as well especially money.

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 29, 2015, 08:57:09 PM
Didn't you know? Every American Black that doesn't pipe the elite, intellectually superior, science-based, liberal-democrat party line, is by default, an Uncle Tom...

Yep, see Herman Cain and I'm sure Ben Carson will be another casualty.

Quick Karl

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 29, 2015, 09:08:10 PM
Yep, see Herman Cain and I'm sure Ben Carson will be another casualty.

With all due respect, I have to warn you. Agreeing with me, on anything, even slightly, will alert the self-appointed thought-monitors that lurk around here, and they'll start getting mad at you.

So, call me a name or something and everything will be cool!

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 29, 2015, 09:11:43 PM
With all due respect, I have to warn you. Agreeing with me, on anything, even slightly, will alert the self-appointed thought-monitors that lurk around here, and they'll start getting mad at you.

So, call me a name or something and everything will be cool!

Thanks though I know all about it.  I've observed NowhereInTime in action as well as pyewacket and some of the others though they are not as memorable.  I've read this thread for a couple of years though I didn't want to get involved but I'm just so pissed off these days, I've got to have an outlet.  I can take the heat.

You remind me of Eddie Rabbit. He was from New York but sang like a good ol' boy.  God rest his soul.  Is that an insult?  I'll let you be the judge.

Quick Karl

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 29, 2015, 09:21:36 PM
Thanks though I know all about it.  I've observed NowhereInTime in action as well as pyewacket and some of the others though they are not as memorable.  I've read this thread for a couple of years though I didn't want to get involved but I'm just so pissed off these days, I've got to have an outlet.  I can take the heat.

You remind me of Eddie Rabbit. He was from New York but sang like a good ol' boy.  God rest his soul.  Is that an insult?  I'll let you be the judge.

LOL I AM from NYC originally - but I am NOT NOW, and HAVE NEVER BEEN, one of them moron, elite, intellectually superior, science-based, liberal assholes, that have fucked this country up, completely.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 29, 2015, 09:21:36 PM
You remind me of Eddie Rabbitt. He was from New York but sang like a good ol' boy.  God rest his soul.  Is that an insult?  I'll let you be the judge.

I always liked Rabbitt's "Every Which Way But Loose," "I Love a Rainy Night," and the song he wrote for Elvis... "Kentucky Rain"... among others. (See, I do listen to things other than Maiden, Sabbath, Priest,  AC/DC, B.O.C., Megadeth, and Danzig.) He seemed like one cool dude.

However, I'm embarrassingly late to the wake. I was unaware he had left this mortal coil.

No wonder the world has been at such a high level of suck all this time.

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 29, 2015, 09:50:26 PM
LOL I AM from NYC originally - but I am NOT NOW, and HAVE NEVER BEEN, one of them moron, elite, intellectually superior, science-based, liberal assholes, that have fucked this country up, completely.

Now stop talking about NowhereInTime like that though I think he is from Taxachusetts.  What the hell happened to that state?  It used to be such a great place now it is a liberal dung heap. Sam and John Adams are rolling in their graves.

Quote from: C A M on June 29, 2015, 09:57:02 PM
I always liked Rabbitt's "Every Which Way But Loose," "I Love a Rainy Night," and the song he wrote for Elvis... "Kentucky Rain"... among others. (See, I do listen to things other than Maiden, Sabbath, Priest,  AC/DC, B.O.C., Megadeth, and Danzig.) He seemed like one cool dude.

However, I'm embarrassingly late to the wake. I was unaware he had left this mortal coil.

No wonder the world has been at such a high level of suck all this time.

Love me some Metal.  BOC is such a great and underrated band. I have many of their records.  AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Sabbath too.  Also loved Ronnie James Dio.  I listen to all kinds of music.  Punk, New Wave, Prog rock, Rockabilly, British Invasion. Not much country but I really liked Eddie Rabbitt.  He died in '98 from lung cancer.

paladin1991

It's a work in progress!

Long live The Republic!
I don't like it.  The stripes are to reminiscent to me of the french flag. Anybody else get that vibe?

Quick Karl

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 30, 2015, 09:27:20 AM
I don't like it.  The stripes are to reminiscent to me of the french flag. Anybody else get that vibe?

I agree - I revised it...

Thanks for your input  8)

paladin1991

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 30, 2015, 09:35:30 AM
I agree - I revised it...

Maybe, in the upper right corner of the cross, you could insert Jesus carrying a sniper rifle?

Quick Karl

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 30, 2015, 09:38:14 AM
  Maybe, in the upper right corner of the cross, you could insert Jesus carrying a sniper rifle?

Nah, it would be getting "too busy" then... I think the symbol of the cross is enough to convey my sentiments to the elite, intellectually superior, science-based, liberal assholes that have destroyed this country.

Wouldn't you agree?  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 30, 2015, 09:35:30 AM

I wish I could add something constructive, but my brain leans more toward Wyvern's and swords as far as symbols ( though I do really like snakes and am involved with snake rescue around here. I am especially fond of the Join Or Die snake advert way back when. ) 

Yes, my creative input would come across as more old school D&D ish, which would not intimidate the Federal Government in the least.

They would not hesitate to shoot me right in the dice bag and laugh while reloading.

But... but... I rolled higher than your hit points!

(hemorrhaging)

ItsOver

It's a work in progress!

Long live The Republic! 
Why not just go with the Bonnie Blue?  It worked at Ft. Sumter and for the Republic of West Florida.  Since it isn't a "rainbow" flag, most of the morons wouldn't know what it was.