• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Removal of the Confederate Flag

Started by 11angeleyes11, June 27, 2015, 11:52:07 AM

paladin1991

Quote from: onan on July 03, 2015, 12:45:52 PM
Lol, I spend a bunch on my hobbies. I get criticized for chasing the dot, but I get three to the chest in under 2 seconds.

I don't care if you run downrange and insert the bullets manually.  Metal on target.  Acquire the threat.  Neutralize the threat. Have a smoke and a Scotch, wait for first responders to.....respond.

You gotta live your life like an Alpha male.  It's The American Way.  Beta male life?  that's for the french.

albrecht

Wonder if Obama's government will investigate as a "hate" crime, (can a black-on-black be "hate" or is that only white-on-black, we know black-on-white isn't)  or if this is what Norry is always talking about a road-rage, "people on on edge" incident?
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/ap/ap/us/black-mississippi-flag-supporter-dies-in-traffic-a/nm3tj/

"The vehicle's owner and passenger in the car, Arlene Barnum, told The Associated Press on Monday that Hervey swerved and crashed after another vehicle carrying four or five young black men pulled up alongside them, yelling and looking angry. Barnum, of Stuart, Oklahoma, said Hervey yelled something back at the other vehicle before losing control and crashing."

http://news.yahoo.com/black-mississippi-flag-supporter-dies-traffic-accident-130939918.html

mikuthing01

As a northerner I never cared about the Confederate flag until they started banning it and i bought one to hang next to my Gadisdon flag. My family was from the south and fought for the Confederacy this whole thing just makes me go wtf. There are videos allover the internet of blacks destroying property and assaulting whites over this flag. Obama has been pushing racial tensions to the edge but smart people aren't falling for it and can see how they are being played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFFLQ9w1f8o

akwilly

I drew the line on the political correctness when they canceled the Duke of Hazzard. But I guess the other option of a blurred out General Lee woulda been to annoying.

mikuthing01

Quote from: akwilly on July 21, 2015, 07:01:23 PM
I drew the line on the political correctness when they canceled the Duke of Hazzard. But I guess the other option of a blurred out General Lee woulda been to annoying.

I grew up watching the Dukes of Hazzard i had the toy cars and Flash the dog stuffed animal as a kid. I cant believe this is happening in the country i grew up in Amazon is even banning books about the Confederate flag its ridiculous. Liberals are only tolerant if you think exactly like they do if you don't watch out you might find yourself in a gas chamber. Scary times we live in and it's only going to get worse.

onan

So the thought is, Obama banned the confederate flag?

Seems to me the fight should be with Walmart, Target, Sears, Amazon, Ebay, and some place called Etsy. It also seems it is mostly southern states: South Carolina, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama. Also, but not actually in the south California and Virginia. The story that there is some executive order... not so much.

Yeah, I am going to become a slave to the government because I didn't stand up and fight for the right to party have a confederate flag waving from the bed of my pickup.

akwilly

People can't just erase history. Jack Balls like Ben Affleck try to cover up their own familys history. And then there is the NFL Washington Redskins debate. That is probly the biggest PR bull crap campain I have ever heard of.

akwilly

Quote from: Dateline on July 21, 2015, 07:36:55 PM
The slope is slippery.
Here in Alaska the haida tribe made a big deal about them boycotting FedEx. 4 days after it made the news here I get in an elevator with a Haida girl delevering a FedEx package. They could care less about the boycott but these tribes are really run by white lobbiests in DC

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on July 21, 2015, 07:36:24 PM
People can't just erase history. Jack Balls like Ben Affleck try to cover up their own familys history. And then there is the NFL Washington Redskins debate. That is probly the biggest PR bull crap campain I have ever heard of.
Lucky, so far, the major league sports have, somewhat, been able to get away from the political correctness totally running amok (they do bend on many issues but not, so far, on renamings.) But at the high school and college level it has reached a level of absurdity with all the renaming, new mascots, and outrage. I don't understand what something like "Fighting Sioux" is an outrage to Indians. That would make me proud. You don't see Irish bitching about "fighting Irish" or me bitching about the Minnesota Vikings denigrate my culture by focusing on a narrow period of Norse history, etc and I demand they change their name because I am offended.

akwilly

I don't remember where it is but I recall last week some town was going to dig up some civil war veterans and put them in a different cemetery becouse they fought for the south. that too me is just way to far over the top

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on July 21, 2015, 07:42:02 PM
Lucky, so far, the major league sports have, somewhat, been able to get away from the political correctness totally running amok (they do bend on many issues but not, so far, on renamings.) But at the high school and college level it has reached a level of absurdity with all the renaming, new mascots, and outrage. I don't understand what something like "Fighting Sioux" is an outrage to Indians. That would make me proud. You don't see Irish bitching about "fighting Irish" or me bitching about the Minnesota Vikings denigrate my culture by focusing on a narrow period of Norse history, etc and I demand they change their name because I am offended.
It's always a race to see who can overreact the fastest. A great example in my opinion is what happend to Joe Pa at Penn St.

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on July 21, 2015, 07:58:43 PM
It's always a race to see who can overreact the fastest. A great example in my opinion is what happend to Joe Pa at Penn St.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/north-dakota-angers-fans-with-fighting-sioux-replacements-125418642.html
So stupid. Most Indians, and almost all the fans, Indian or otherwise, have no objection to the name. If I were Indian I would be proud of that heritage. What would they rather: "North Dakota Drunken Res Living On The Government Dole and Charity Indians?" Crazy.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: akwilly on July 21, 2015, 07:57:30 PM
I don't remember where it is but I recall last week some town was going to dig up some civil war veterans and put them in a different cemetery becouse they fought for the south. that too me is just way to far over the top

I googled this and found nothing.  Please provide a link or admit this is apocryphal.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on July 22, 2015, 08:41:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/north-dakota-angers-fans-with-fighting-sioux-replacements-125418642.html
So stupid. Most Indians, and almost all the fans, Indian or otherwise, have no objection to the name. If I were Indian I would be proud of that heritage. What would they rather: "North Dakota Drunken Res Living On The Government Dole and Charity Indians?" Crazy.

Yes.  I am sure they would want an even more derogatory depiction of themselves used as a team name.  Every opportunity to slur somebody, you lead.

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 22, 2015, 09:08:25 AM
Yes.  I am sure they would want an even more derogatory depiction of themselves used as a team name.  Every opportunity to slur somebody, you lead.
I respect Indians but complain about this political correctness and just wonder why they wouldn't want to celebrate the more positive, or at least tough, historical aspect of their heritage. As far as I know there has been no protests or lawsuit over the "negative" portrayal of Scandinavians over the Minnesota Vikings? And all those lawsuits against the "Fighting Irish?"
ps:
http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh40/152-160.htm
http://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/4190/
http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/cdc-finds-alcohol-taking-deadly-toll-on-native-americans/

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on July 22, 2015, 09:38:15 AM
I respect Indians but complain about this political correctness and just wonder why they wouldn't want to celebrate the more positive, or at least tough, historical aspect of their heritage. As far as I know there has been no protests or lawsuit over the "negative" portrayal of Scandinavians over the Minnesota Vikings? And all those lawsuits against the "Fighting Irish?"
ps:
http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh40/152-160.htm
http://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/4190/
http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/cdc-finds-alcohol-taking-deadly-toll-on-native-americans/

Yes, the Political Correctness Pendulum has swung egregiously far to the left.  When reknowned comedians like Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock are barred from venues then you realize we're getting stupid.

However (you knew there would be a "however"), you need a little empathy for people who've been depicted as "savages" in our popular media for hundreds of years.  The "Fighting Sioux" would rather not be identified as war mongering savages while the "Fighting Irish" see it is a source of defiance in the face of bigotry they experienced at home (from the British Empire) and here (google: "Irish Need Not Apply").

Plus, having seen The Quiet Man again last night, I can attest to the "fightingness" of the Irish.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 22, 2015, 10:29:00 AM
Yes, the Political Correctness Pendulum has swung egregiously far to the left.  When reknowned comedians like Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock are barred from venues then you realize we're getting stupid.

However (you knew there would be a "however"),

;) Yep. Especially that I knew there would be a "however." hahaha
ps: I think I'm going to sue the Minnesota football team, and the league, not just for the blatant racism and focusing only on a small period of time in Norse history and culture but also for factual errors (viking helmets did not have horns on them, this was a modern invention when artists, particularly painters, and then especially Wagner's costume designer put them on helmets) but also Viking society has been found not to always be as bloody and violent as depicted in our racist Anglo and Catholic historians and culture.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 22, 2015, 09:06:05 AM
I googled this and found nothing.  Please provide a link or admit this is apocryphal.

Crickets... Crickets... Crickets....

Seriously, we can all play this stupid game:  I hear the Republicans are going to force us all to go to
church seven days a week and wear haircloth for Jesus... No, really, it's true!!!  I know a guy who has a friend whose cousin's uncle works for a guy who says....

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 22, 2015, 09:06:05 AM

Nathan Bedford Forrest and his wife.  I'm sure you approve of the news source.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/20/us/a-confederate-generals-final-stand-divides-memphis.html

paladin1991

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 22, 2015, 10:29:00 AM

However (you knew there would be a "however"), you need a little empathy for people who've been depicted as "savages" in our popular media for hundreds of years.  The "Fighting Sioux" would rather not be identified as war mongering savages while the "Fighting Irish" see it is a source of defiance in the face of bigotry they experienced at home (from the British Empire) and here (google: "Irish Need Not Apply").

Plus, having seen The Quiet Man again last night, I can attest to the "fightingness" of the Irish.  ;)

Damn right!  Especially in a pub.  don't make the mistake of picking up their beer by accident.  "Sorry, bro!  Honest mistake, your glass is right next to mine. What?  Oh, yeah, right.  Mine is empty isn't it......"

paladin1991

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 22, 2015, 01:00:17 PM
Seriously, we can all play this stupid game:  I hear the Republicans are going to force us all to go to
church seven days a week and wear haircloth for Jesus... No, really, it's true!!!  I know a guy who has a friend whose cousin's uncle works for a guy who says....

Ha!  I knew those fashions would be back in style.

Suck it Democraps!

onan

Isn't this the market making a choice? Seems like a slice of capitalism. One with little tolerance for even the implication of racism.

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 22, 2015, 01:50:55 PM
Ha!  I knew those fashions would be back in style.

Suck it Democraps!

Humor!  Excellent!  Seriously, can't we all laugh at how stupid so much of this shit really is?  If we are invaded by flesh-eating, virgin-raping Martians tomorrow, aren't we all going to be on the same damn team? 

Yes, there are serious, important ideological differences, but let's be honest and work shit out!

Okay, zen moment is concluded.  Everybody go back to hating.

Okay... I admit it... I recently saw and enjoyed Tomorrowland.  There are problems on our planet... So what do we do to fix them?