• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

New from Hasbro, THE ART BELL Board Game!

Started by ksm32, March 26, 2015, 09:09:03 PM

ksm32

But seriously, I have wondered how one would design and produce such a thing. I would love it.    What would it consist of?

- Dice, or no dice? 
- What about the look and layout of the game as it sits on your table ?
- TRIVIA,  guests, dates, and famous open lines calls, ETC.
- Would it have any cards like monopoly or risk?
- What would the pieces be?  A little ham radio, a quarter pounder NO cheese, an antenna? A microphone for sure.
- Sound effects from the classic show?  Batteries included, thank you.

If you get a question wrong do you have to take a shot of booze?

Nick el Ass

You accidentally super glued your lips shut. Lose a turn.

albrecht

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 26, 2015, 09:13:51 PM
penalty? Must smoke a lit end of a cigarette and take an open-line caller about Bill Cooper (who also has his radio ON!)

Heather Wade

It would have to include Art's Parts, and the possibility of winning his time machine, Ouija board story, the Fatima Secret &/ or Bugs' map.  Instead of going to jail, you fall down Mel's Hole.

ksm32

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 26, 2015, 09:13:51 PM

NICE!  Throw in a declawed gerbil and we're cookin!!

ksm32

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 26, 2015, 09:16:01 PM
It would have to include Art's Parts, and the possibility of winning his time machine, Ouija board story, the Fatima Secret &/ or Bugs' map.  Instead of going to jail, you fall down Mel's Hole.

Art's Part's would be great names for the game pieces or the title of the cards that one wins, or fears.

Heather Wade

If you get a trivia question wrong, you just have a dose of whatever's handy.   ;) 

nextgen.fm

Definitely needs a mel's hole you can fall into

albrecht

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 26, 2015, 10:28:52 PM
If you get a trivia question wrong, you just have a dose of whatever's handy.   ;)
no, you must take an open caller Mr.Fidget, via his method of getting through by fancy dialing, and allow him to put on even more open callers from the phone booth depending who shows up. And then drink two, after confirmation that it is a phone booth and people there heard the show and/or knew Fidget. Then go with the show and ponder the earlier Atlantis guest and figure open-lines is more crazy than her and makes great radio!

This place lets you print up your own custom game if you make one.
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/help/getting-started

Their stuff looks really good too.

There used to be a card game called "Illuminati" a few years back that dealt with many Art Bell topics.

nextgen.fm

You must get the cat out from under the deck to advance

phrodo

Just as long as it looks nothing like a weeejy board and doesn't have one of those creepy slidey things.  8)

Nick el Ass

Instead of going to jail, or something like that you go to the boiling pits of sewage.

Would there be six different colored Art figures that advance around the board?

I guess the winner of the game would be the last Art to quit.

sydtron

Trivial Pursuit knock off.

Collect Arts parts.  Or different things like a Microphone,  cat, cigarette,  ham radio,  telephone. Ect...

Answer trivia about the show. Or categories about ham radio, cats, technology.  Open lines quotes.. ect....

Maybe a Life knock off.  At the end you can choose. Arts house or Norrys horse farm. Lol

Keep this going!!! I like it!!!!

Nick el Ass

So are we rolling dice, going with some type of spinny thing, or drawing cards like in Candy Land?

Draw the Doctor Doom card and you get to remote view your opponents cards.

You fell off your porch during a news break.  Lose one turn.

ksm32

Quote from: sydtron on March 27, 2015, 12:44:16 AM
Trivial Pursuit knock off.

Collect Arts parts.  Or different things like a Microphone,  cat, cigarette,  ham radio,  telephone. Ect...

Answer trivia about the show. Or categories about ham radio, cats, technology.  Open lines quotes.. ect....

Maybe a Life knock off.  At the end you can choose. Arts house or Norrys horse farm. Lol

Keep this going!!! I like it!!!!

How bout a random JC quote card that one gets with the bad luck of the draw..  'Go Directly To The Boiling PIT OF Sewage'!  Oh, and miss a turn.  Ouch.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: ksm32 on March 27, 2015, 12:54:35 AM
How bout a random JC quote card that one gets with the bad luck of the draw..  'Go Directly To The Boiling PIT OF Sewage'!  Oh, and miss a turn.  Ouch.

Enjoyed a lesbian tupperware party please roll go again.

Draw a card...guest's phone hangs up under mysterious circumstances.

The board should be the black triangle UFO and the objective of the game could be something like escaping it after having been abducted. Game pieces should be memorable items from Art's life or infamous shows. Possibly each in a specific color, like a red Geo.  :P

Drawing cards=random benefits or detriments to player. Mad Man's time machine gives you another turn, etc.

pate

Quote from: ksm32 on March 26, 2015, 09:09:03 PM
But seriously, I have wondered how one would design and produce such a thing. I would love it.    What would it consist of?

-You have a TouchTone(tm) phone from the Oasis?

If you get a question wrong do you have to take a shot of booze?

Yes, you have a heavy drink of water, and Yes I mean a HEAVY WATER call...

popple

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 27, 2015, 12:31:15 AM
Would there be six different colored Art figures that advance around the board?

I guess the winner of the game would be the last Art to quit.

"YOU QUIT! If you have a non-compete agreement miss a turn for every year & go back to start"

Each player will be addressed simply as 'caller', and there will be frequent reminders to turn down your radio

The players can take the roles of:

Rogue Journalist
Psychic or Palm Reader
Government Agent
Reptiloid
Truck Driver
Professor
Prepper

cweb

"Show gets picked up on baby monitors.

Collect $10."

"Andy from Australia calls in...

...your game is over."

Lord Grantham

You guys are over thinking it.

Art Bell: The Board Game. Open it up and it's just a Ouija board and planchet. 

pate

Quote from: Heather Wade on March 26, 2015, 09:16:01 PM

Whoopsie!  I invoke a "Twister" mynd-vibe.

(Red) whaddya say?

-p

Robert

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 26, 2015, 10:46:27 PMThere used to be a card game called "Illuminati" a few years back that dealt with many Art Bell topics.
It's still around, even came out later in a kind of deluxe version (larger cards in full color, partly different rules), Illuminati New World Order.  My friends and I play the "classic" Illuminati, plus our own custom cards, frequently.

An Art Bell board game should be about a contest to get thru on one of the phone lines and engage the host as long as possible, while the host's being distracted by phantom mice, cats, stalkers, and required commercial and ID breaks.  This would all be simulated by rotation of a set of concentric rings with an antenna in the middle.