• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Police can force you to use fingerprint to unlock phone

Started by wr250, November 01, 2014, 06:14:45 AM

wr250

A virginia state judge has ruled that a suspect can be forced to use his fingerprint to unlock a phone. but the police cannot force you to divulge a passcode to do the  same. this is because the court ruled that fingerprints are like giving  dna or handwriting samples to the police. a passcode involves giving the police your knowledge , and therefore a 5th amendment violation.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/10/police-can-require-cellphone-fingerprint-not-pass-code

moral of the story, dont use any biometric devices to unlock passwords on anything.

aldousburbank

Quote from: wr250 on November 01, 2014, 06:14:45 AM
moral of the story, dont use any biometric devices to unlock passwords on anything.
Or at least use the middle finger, my personal biometric rosetta stone.

Gd5150

Interesting  interpretation of the law. The police can't force you to give your password, but your employer can force you to give over your email facebook and belgab accounts/passwords.

paladin1991

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 01, 2014, 11:59:10 AM
Interesting  interpretation of the law. The police can't force you to give your password, but your employer can force you to give over your email facebook and belgab accounts/passwords.
Interesting concept, this 'forced' thing.  A company can force you....  My company has a better chance of forcing me to piss on them than forcing me to give up anything I don't want to volunteer.

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 01, 2014, 08:21:05 AM
Or at least use the middle finger, my personal biometric rosetta stone.

i use another part of my male anatomy.
or a stray cats paw, etc.

Kelt

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 04, 2014, 06:41:05 AM
Interesting concept, this 'forced' thing.  A company can force you....  My company has a better chance of forcing me to piss on them than forcing me to give up anything I don't want to volunteer.

My thoughts too.

You can fire me, sure, but my company forcing me to do something... that's a lulzy thought.

Lulz.

Quote from: Kelt on November 04, 2014, 10:20:39 AM
You can fire me, sure, but my company forcing me to do something... that's a lulzy thought.

You can shoot me, sure, but forcing me to give you my wallet?  Why, I'd piss on you first.  Or touch your phone with my penis, whichever you prefer.

paladin1991

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 04, 2014, 11:29:51 AM
You can shoot me, sure, but forcing me to give you my wallet?  Why, I'd piss on you first.  Or touch your phone with my penis, whichever you prefer.
;D  You're a funny pig.  I like funny animals.  But sometimes they talk too much.  Like the parrot I had.  He thought he was a chicken.... and tasted good.  He wasn't no chicken but he tasted good.

Kelt

While the correlation bears no similarity... actually that's all.

wr250

Or touch your phone with my penis, whichever you prefer.

i wouldnt, you dont know where their fingers have been ...