• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Medved: the Cultural Crusader!

Started by The General, July 31, 2014, 08:07:48 PM

The General

But seriously, if anybody needs some 80's movies reviewed, or if you'd like to hear an argument about why George W. Bush will go down in history as one of America's great presidents, Medved's your man.

HorrorRetro

I was invited to his house for shabbat dinner back in about '96. I didn't make it due to some unforeseen circumstances. I used to like him a lot. Over the past few years, he's really started to aggravate me.

yumyumtree

Medved hates light rail, tattoos and the school lunch program. Much as I hate his often snarky tone, the way he sometimes sets up guests( not so much anymore) and the cutesy little names he makes up for people ( Ron Paul is the mad doctor, libertarians are losertarians), I like certain aspects of the show, conspiracy day and the history programs on holidays. I have to admit his recent defense of the Thad Cochran campaign was almost sickening enough to make me swear off him. When you listen to him trash tea party conservatives Brat and Daniel( he compared one of him to Todd Akin, who of course is the devil incarnate) it helps to remember how nice he is to people like Dan Savage when be comes on the show. I have been very unhappy with his attitude toward Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz too. Incidentally Sarah Palin called the show on a regular caller line on Mon. It was priceless. He invited her back as a guest in the next hour.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 01, 2014, 11:24:29 AM
Medved hates light rail, tattoos and the school lunch program. Much as I hate his often snarky tone, the way he sometimes sets up guests( not so much anymore) and the cutesy little names he makes up for people ( Ron Paul is the mad doctor, libertarians are losertarians), I like certain aspects of the show, conspiracy day and the history programs on holidays. I have to admit his recent defense of the Thad Cochran campaign was almost sickening enough to make me swear off him. When you listen to him trash tea party conservatives Brat and Daniel( he compared one of him to Todd Akin, who of course is the devil incarnate) it helps to remember how nice he is to people like Dan Savage when be comes on the show. I have been very unhappy with his attitude toward Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz too. Incidentally Sarah Palin called the show on a regular caller line on Mon. It was priceless. He invited her back as a guest in the next hour.

I missed the Palin segment. I keep the radio on upstairs all day, but I was downstairs during that part. Michael is too RINO for me. If the candidate is not mainstream Repub, he's against them.  I also like conspiracy day, and I appreciate that he believes in Sasquatch lol.

Gd5150

He used to do a great show on conspiracy theories once a month.

yumyumtree

He still does. It's on the full moon, or as close as he can get. This year is a feast with all these blood moons.
I do like his take downs of Alex Jones. Of course Jones is kind of a broad target. Jones is never on the show. Presumably Medved doesn't invite him.

yumyumtree

Anybody hear this?  What a thing to do your holiday baking to.

yumyumtree

Quote from: The General on July 31, 2014, 09:18:58 PM
But seriously, if anybody needs some 80's movies reviewed, or if you'd like to hear an argument about why George W. Bush will go down in history as one of America's great presidents, Medved's your man.

He also recently announced that history will be very kind to John Boehner.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: yumyumtree on December 20, 2014, 04:50:25 PM

Ugh, okay.  ::)

Quote from: yumyumtree on December 20, 2014, 04:50:25 PM

Only in the halls and offices of the Chamber of Crony Capitalism

DanTSX

Quote from: HorrorRetro on July 31, 2014, 10:02:09 PM
I was invited to his house for shabbat dinner back in about '96. I didn't make it due to some unforeseen circumstances. I used to like him a lot. Over the past few years, he's really started to aggravate me.

This almost started off like a falkie thread.

Gd5150

He used to do a great show on conspiracy theories. Haven't heard him like 10 years.

zeebo

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2014, 11:26:01 PM
This almost started off like a falkie thread.

It's 2015, when is the next damn Falkie thread already?

yumyumtree

David Boze did a fine job filling in for Medved today.  In the third hour he discussed the vaccination debate and related topics.  He interviewed somebody who had written a book and there were some heated exchanges with callers when the guest seemed to endorse jailing parents in extreme cases.
For those of you who access radio shows online, I highly recommend this if you are interested in the subject.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: yumyumtree on January 28, 2015, 09:17:32 PM
David Boze did a fine job filling in for Medved today.  In the third hour he discussed the vaccination debate and related topics.  He interviewed somebody who had written a book and there were some heated exchanges with callers when the guest seemed to endorse jailing parents in extreme cases.
For those of you who access radio shows online, I highly recommend this if you are interested in the subject.

I caught the very end of the show and thought it was pretty good. I haven't listened to David Boze lately. I used to listen to his morning show, and he was decent.

HorrorRetro

Just turned on the radio, and Michael is explaining he's taking time off due to having a serious case of cancer.  :(   I haven't heard what kind yet, but it sounds quite serious. Mark Davis will be filling in for him. I've been a big fan of Mark Davis since the mid-90's, so it'll be nice to hear him again. Hope Micheal fully recovers.

http://ktth.com/2015/01/30/peronal-note-radio-family/

yumyumtree

Yes, I heard this too.  I was overwhelmed. Whatever you think about Medved, he's been dealing  with this like a trooper.  Boze will also be doing some filling in, in addition to Mark Davis, who I think has been a regular  Limbaugh fill-in, also.

I think it's important to note that this was discovered by a dental hygeinist and dentist during a routine dental checkup. They recommended that he have it looked at.  Another good reason for routine dental check-ups.

Gd5150

Conspiracy day. He’s discussing Sasquatch. 👍🏿