• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 07:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1294 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1936

3OctaveFart

I believe Falkie needs to shoot for the moon and try to land an interview with the one and only Arthur William Bell.
THEN dump Noory.
And run that interview on UFOShip- that is my wish for Senda.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on March 30, 2015, 02:08:08 PM
I believe Falkie needs to shoot for the moon and try to land an interview with the one and only Arthur William Bell.
THEN dump Noory.
And run that interview on UFOShip- that is my wish for Senda.

i don't think art would cheapen himself like that, sir.  he only guests on reputable podcasts.  like the gabcast.

3OctaveFart

Art seems unusually fan-friendly and like he wouldn't be above shooting the shit with fans.
He's done it with ham radio enthusiasts. There are videos of it on YouTube.
And IMO, I think the GabCast needs a little more conflict- I mean that respectfully as someone who thinks you're good at what you do.
It can get old listening to people who seem to like each other.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 29, 2015, 08:13:51 PM
In your case ( as with several others ) class is ALWAYS  in session.
You need a lot of re-education, Falkie style.

You ....... talking about class ?

There's two types of class George Senda .....
First class, and in your case .... no class.

The 'words for to-day' ............ 'entitlement'  and   'parasitic'

WhiteCrow

Dammit Falkie fix your forum. I refuse to post here until it gets fixed. My time is too valuable to spend it, waiting for your forum pages to load.

paladin1991

Okay, how many hours has it been since there has been a siting?  Drone, Octave, better call Saul, I mean, Senda and make sure he's not dead.

3OctaveFart

I agree, this is a long time for him not to post.
I like the guy and wish him happiness.
But he has a lot of shit on his plate right now and BellGab ain't a priority.

SnapT

Get well soon, Falkie.

We all love you very much.


area51drone

Quote from: MV on March 30, 2015, 01:42:33 PM
words hurt, sir.

;D  I knew you were going to say something about that line! lol

Falkie2013

Quote from: area51drone on March 31, 2015, 04:40:30 AM
;D  I knew you were going to say something about that line! lol

We went for a long ride in the sun yesterday. Went to crockett, home of C &H sugar. Some really old buildings there. saw strange robot metal sculpture in window of self proclaimed art museum but didn't have camera with me. Had fever during night but it broke. During ride hd something to eat. First time I could taste food in almost a week. Medication dries out mouth. Did a whole rack of dishes. First time I did anything all week. No energy. Ate a grapefruit. Will take walk later. Was really windy yesterday and today as well. Feeling better but still a bt tired. Drive helped Kathy too but she still feels tired & weak. Both of us were very sick.
Read 11 books in the last week. Will see about doing book reviews tonight if I feel up to it. Tomorrow go get makings for chicken soup.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 31, 2015, 01:04:18 PM
We went for a long ride in the sun yesterday. Went to crockett, home of C &H sugar. Some really old buildings there. saw strange robot metal sculpture in window of self proclaimed art museum but didn't have camera with me. Had fever during night but it broke. During ride hd something to eat. First time I could taste food in almost a week. Medication dries out mouth. Did a whole rack of dishes. First time I did anything all week. No energy. Ate a grapefruit. Will take walk later. Was really windy yesterday and today as well. Feeling better but still a bt tired. Drive helped Kathy too but she still feels tired & weak. Both of us were very sick.
Read 11 books in the last week. Will see about doing book reviews tonight if I feel up to it. Tomorrow go get makings for chicken soup.

Wow Falkie, you do more stuff while being sick for a few days, than I do in a month while healthy.
You and Kathy and get well soon.

My Mom seems to have a lot of same health problems as you.
Have you ever been tested for allergies to cats and dust mites?

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 31, 2015, 01:04:18 PM
We went for a long ride in the sun yesterday. Went to crockett, home of C &H sugar. Some really old buildings there. saw strange robot metal sculpture in window of self proclaimed art museum but didn't have camera with me. Had fever during night but it broke. During ride hd something to eat. First time I could taste food in almost a week. Medication dries out mouth. Did a whole rack of dishes. First time I did anything all week. No energy. Ate a grapefruit. Will take walk later. Was really windy yesterday and today as well. Feeling better but still a bt tired. Drive helped Kathy too but she still feels tired & weak. Both of us were very sick.
Read 11 books in the last week. Will see about doing book reviews tonight if I feel up to it. Tomorrow go get makings for chicken soup.
You were gone so long fm the thread I was telling drone and Octave that they should check on you.  "Thought you was dead."  A cookie if you can name that movie.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 31, 2015, 05:22:47 PM
You were gone so long fm the thread I was telling drone and Octave that they should check on you.  "Thought you was dead."  A cookie if you can name that movie.

"Harvey" Thought you "were" Dead
I actually say that to people I haven't seen in awhile ::)

and "Dark Knight"  Thought you "was" Dead

and I didn't need to use google, 2 cookies please.

Harvey Re-Cut




Falkie2013

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 31, 2015, 04:16:02 PM
Wow Falkie, you do more stuff while being sick for a few days, than I do in a month while healthy.
You and Kathy and get well soon.

My Mom seems to have a lot of same health problems as you.
Have you ever been tested for allergies to cats and dust mites?

Not allergic to either though I do cough when I dust the shelves & I was tested for about 100 allergens. Read 14 books in the last week too. - Returned the other books & checked out new ones. My big problem with books is I read too fast. Just finished a WEB Griffin. Sometimes I read 3 books a day.


Falkie2013

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 31, 2015, 05:22:47 PM
You were gone so long fm the thread I was telling drone and Octave that they should check on you.  "Thought you was dead."  A cookie if you can name that movie.

Escape From New York, though I think it's been done either before or since.
Double stuff Oreo please. And some milk if you have it.
I've never seen Harvey. Never got around to it but I will. So many books & movies. Not enough years left. Probably have watched 2-3,000 movies. Read 20,000 books. Maybe more. I used to see 300 films a year years ago when I reviewed them. Got way out of practice.
Before I lost my storage in 2001, I probably had 2,000 books. Have given about 600 to the Moose lodge & library here. Father was a Moose, my Mother's Father a 33rd degree Mason.
One day will take in my application to the Masons. Moose lodge here has mine on file. Just takes money. Is on list of things to do this year. Masonic lodge here two blocks away. They've invited me to attend their monthly dinner. Need some better clothes first.




Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 31, 2015, 01:04:18 PM
We went for a long ride in the sun yesterday. Went to crockett, home of C &H sugar. Some really old buildings there...

That C&H plant sits right on top of what was the largest Indian village (Karkins) along the shore and for at least several miles around.  The library across from the C&H gate is where the shell mound/ midden used to be.

The Carquinez Strait there is the narrowest point (which is why they built the bridge there) and that village controlled trade up and down the river - they'd paddle out in their small reed boats. 

This is all before the Spanish came.  Elk were nearly as plentiful in the Central Valley as bison on the Great Plains.  Each year herds numbering in the thousands would swim across right there during migration, what a sight that must have been.  Decades later, and further upstream - Antioch and Pittsburg - schools of salmon were still so thick farmers could stand on the bank and pull them out of the water with pitchforks as they passed..

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 31, 2015, 09:29:45 PM
That C&H plant sits right on top of what was the largest Indian village (Karkins) along the shore and for at least several miles around.  The library across from the C&H gate is where the shell mound/ midden used to be.

The Carquinez Strait there is the narrowest point (which is why they built the bridge there) and that village controlled trade up and down the river - they'd paddle out in their small reed boats. 

This is all before the Spanish came.  Elk were nearly as plentiful in the Central Valley as bison on the Great Plains.  Each year herds numbering in the thousands would swim across right there during migration, what a sight that must have been.  Decades later, and further upstream - Antioch and Pittsburg - schools of salmon were still so thick farmers could stand on the bank and pull them out of the water with pitchforks as they passed..

I didn't know that. Thanks. Kathy's fascinated with the place. There's a really good fish restaurant down by the water there too though it looks like its in a warehouse. Pity it was closed on Mondays. will go sometime and do a review. She says the food's really good but expensive.
Martinez and the area got fished out though I do see fishermen fish at the marina here. same probably goes for Crockett & Port Costa. A hopeful sign is now along with the 2 beaver dams on the lower creek here we now have a colony of river otters. Haven't seen them yet though I have seen the beavers briefly.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 31, 2015, 09:51:42 PM
I didn't know that. Thanks. Kathy's fascinated with the place. There's a really good fish restaurant down by the water there too though it looks like its in a warehouse. Pity it was closed on Mondays. will go sometime and do a review. She says the food's really good but expensive.
Martinez and the area got fished out though I do see fishermen fish at the marina here. same probably goes for Crockett & Port Costa. A hopeful sign is now along with the 2 beaver dams on the lower creek here we now have a colony of river otters. Haven't seen them yet though I have seen the beavers briefly.


How about the Warehouse Café in Port Costa.  Cheap, historic (heh), museum quality kitsch-including a stuffed polar bear, and a nice variety of beer.  Now that's something worthy of review.  Bring your video equipment and do it right there, you'll fit right in


The entire waterfront used to be bustling.  In Pinole, ranchers and farmers loaded their wheat and cattle on ships (the ranchers after driving their cattle from Pinole Valley thru town to the pier).  There were enormous gunpowder factories on Pt Pinole and in Hercules, and they would blow sky high every once in awhile.  Port Costa, Crockett, Martinez, etc were major shipping ports also.  Big paddlewheel steamboats went back and forth between Sacramento and San Francisco carrying passengers and cargo, they'd race each other for fun, but when it fogged over sometimes they would crash and sink - I think they have one or two of them at the museum in Sac. 

The train tracks ended across from Crockett, and everything had to be boated across the straight on barges before the train bridge was built

area51drone

Sounds like an interesting place Paperboy.  Sincerely, thank you for the history lesson.  Love that kind of stuff.  I was just watching something on PBS a couple hours ago where they were talking about places in Italy, and I thought "man, I could go see this stuff in person, and that would be great, but I know I wouldn't learn the story  behind this statue or that" and for that reason, the TV show was probably better than real life.  On a side note, Alaska is still that way with the salmon.  It's an amazing thing to see that many fish in the wild.



MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 31, 2015, 01:04:18 PM
We went for a long ride in the sun yesterday. Went to crockett, home of C &H sugar. Some really old buildings there. saw strange robot metal sculpture in window of self proclaimed art museum but didn't have camera with me. Had fever during night but it broke. During ride hd something to eat. First time I could taste food in almost a week. Medication dries out mouth. Did a whole rack of dishes. First time I did anything all week. No energy. Ate a grapefruit. Will take walk later. Was really windy yesterday and today as well. Feeling better but still a bt tired. Drive helped Kathy too but she still feels tired & weak. Both of us were very sick.
Read 11 books in the last week. Will see about doing book reviews tonight if I feel up to it. Tomorrow go get makings for chicken soup.


Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on March 31, 2015, 11:46:31 PM


Well, MV, people did ask me if I was still alive. I had to say something. I just felt like death.
There is a series of guide books printed that show the history with pictures of this region. They have ones for San Francisco, Concord, Martinez, Crockett, etc.
Next time I go to Barnes & Noble in Walnut Creek I'll make a note of the name and publisher. They have at least 50 different cities or areas on the shelves there.
Just ordered the Ipad tripod mount, the Ipad case, camera light, and an aluminum stand as well so now I will be able to shoot videos anywhere.
Later today will order my new glasses as well.

Daggit

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 01, 2015, 05:22:12 AM
Just ordered the Ipad tripod mount, the Ipad case, camera light, and an aluminum stand as well so now I will be able to shoot videos anywhere.
Later today will order my new glasses as well.

Sounds like the "Please Donate to Kathy Fund" was very lucrative for you.

I guess P.T. Barnum was talking about the anonymous BellGab donor when he said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Or is Kathy's moving expenses way down on your list of necessary things to spend your disposable income on?

Your tax dollars at work fellow BellGabbers.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 01, 2015, 05:22:12 AM
... There is a series of guide books printed that show the history with pictures of this region. They have ones for San Francisco, Concord, Martinez, Crockett, etc...

Are those any good?  The one I flipped thru seemed... dull, but they're all written by different people.  They're a bit pricey for what they are.

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 01, 2015, 05:22:12 AM
Well, MV, people did ask me if I was still alive. I had to say something. I just felt like death.
There is a series of guide books printed that show the history with pictures of this region. They have ones for San Francisco, Concord, Martinez, Crockett, etc.
Next time I go to Barnes & Noble in Walnut Creek I'll make a note of the name and publisher. They have at least 50 different cities or areas on the shelves there.
Just ordered the Ipad tripod mount, the Ipad case, camera light, and an aluminum stand as well so now I will be able to shoot videos anywhere.
Later today will order my new glasses as well.
did your bro, Georgie, pay for those?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Daggit on April 01, 2015, 06:47:46 AM
Sounds like the "Please Donate to Kathy Fund" was very lucrative for you.

I guess P.T. Barnum was talking about the anonymous BellGab donor when he said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Or is Kathy's moving expenses way down on your list of necessary things to spend your disposable income on?

Your tax dollars at work fellow BellGabbers.

And the best bit?  He has a warped idea what should and shouldn't be his priorities. Housing? You're kidding right? Health? Ha ha..Decent diet? Now you are having a laugh. No; the priorities in Senda world involve shamelessly and with not one iota of a hint at embarassment over announcing another raid on an Apple shop and trawling for other tat that will make not one scintilla of difference to his popularity nor increase in income..other than the fools who donate to his lard cupboard.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Daggit on April 01, 2015, 06:47:46 AM

I guess P.T. Barnum was talking about the anonymous BellGab donor when he said "There's a sucker born every minute."

"...and two to take em!" is the coda to that quote and very appropriate in this case.

Quote from: area51drone on March 22, 2015, 07:25:11 AM
The REAL issue here is that all of you who think you're helping George aren't helping him AT ALL.   I tell you over and over and over and over that YOU ARE BEING PLAYED, but you won't listen.  You just constantly attack me, and George for that matter.    I find it entirely amusing and I'm glad to be part of George's game.
Drone warned us, or at least made it perfectly clear, what Falkie would do with the money.  Go ahead and donate to Falkie and Kathy if you want to, but don't act surprised when he starts buying equipment and considers going to expensive fish dinners when Kathy's about to be tossed out on her ass.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Open Lines Gerry on April 01, 2015, 10:46:57 AM
Drone warned us, or at least made it perfectly clear, what Falkie would do with the money.  Go ahead and donate to Falkie and Kathy if you want to, but don't act surprised when he starts buying equipment and considers going to expensive fish dinners when Kathy's about to be tossed out on her ass.

Yep; and he still bleats on about how the 'trolls' and 'haters' spread lies and misinformation about him. The only things anyone knows about him, are what he freely tells anyone. Until he actually admits to himself that his undoings are his own making, we'll have this perpetual crap from him about how he needs 'tat number 569' this week, and screw housing. His 'fans' would do well to tell him the home truths.

3OctaveFart

Falkie probably got his assistance from the government today.
If I were on such a plan I'd go out and buy goodies that one day of the month, too.
He needs the equipment so he can go out and do mobile videos. He doesn't want to make them in that cramped space.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod