• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Any New News?

Started by Wintermute, December 10, 2013, 05:58:06 PM

Wintermute

Haven't seen anything on the contract issues.

Dark Matter Radio Network is turning out far better than I thought it would. +1 there!

jazmunda

To tell you the truth I think the contract issue is a dead issue. Art has stated the he will not fight the NC legally and will sit out for 2 years. Whether he returns once the NC period is over remains to be seen.

If he returns I will be there.

wr250

with the state of the courts in the US, it might be 3 years till his case sees a court. so unless sirius agrees to arbitration before then, there is no point in civil action.


Quote from: Wintermute on December 10, 2013, 05:58:06 PM
Haven't seen anything on the contract issues.

Dark Matter Radio Network is turning out far better than I thought it would. +1 there!

No news. It looks like DarkPenguin is going to win this fight.

ItsOver

Damn cellphones.  Damn Jess.

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on December 10, 2013, 09:22:44 PM
Damn cellphones.  Damn Jess.

You forgot Jazmunda. Have I been forgotten already? ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on December 10, 2013, 09:37:13 PM
You forgot Jazmunda. Have I been forgotten already? ;)

Oh no, not forgotten.  ;)  Jazmunda, truckers, crappy Spooky Matter show, Chunga, government shutdown, toe nail fungus....damn.



WOTR

Please stop cluttering up the board.  Any breaking news will be found among the 700+ pages in the "Art Bell Quits" thread. 8)

Meanandnasty

Yes, for the sake of forum resources, this should be consolidated into the Art Bell Quits Dark Matter.

I really feel like I have been in a lucid Dark Matter Dream in regards to the show.

onan

I was wondering if there was any news about news about Art?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on December 11, 2013, 03:23:14 AM
I was wondering if there was any news about news about Art?


New news, or old new news about news?

Wintermute

HAHA... let me tell you something. I will make a post about whatever I want until I am banned. If anyone wants to create a special thread that will end up being buried, so be it.

Asking a direct question to a knowledgeable group usually gets good information much faster.



Too bad on Art. On that last radio interview, he made it sound as if they would fight it, which is why I asked.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Wintermute on December 11, 2013, 06:44:56 AM
HAHA... let me tell you something. I will make a post about whatever I want until I am banned. If anyone wants to create a special thread that will end up being buried, so be it.

Asking a direct question to a knowledgeable group usually gets good information much faster.

they were joking.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on December 11, 2013, 07:09:47 AM
they were joking.

HA, that's what 'they' want you to think....

WOTR

Quote from: MV on December 11, 2013, 07:09:47 AM
they were joking.
I certainly was not... I am sick of having to read through pages and pages of stuff every time I come here and want everything kept tidy.  The admin around this place should act on my wishes and preferences like a trained monkey... ;D

Or, perhaps I really was joking.  (I was.)  Sorry wintermute.... it was a bad joke about how off topic and long the other thread has become in the face of an information vacuum.  I really do not think that you should have to sort through the 700+ pages to discover that there is not a single recent grain of actual information about Art in them (which in my screwed up mind is reason to suggest that you should be forced to sort through them...)

***In fairness to me, I was just trying to to get this thread started on it's way to having as many useless non-informative posts as the referenced thread.  I am proud to say that dozens of useless, uninformative posts among those many pages are mine. ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: wotr1 on December 11, 2013, 10:55:14 AM

***In fairness to me, I was just trying to to get this thread started on it's way to having as many useless non-informative posts as the referenced thread.  I am proud to say that dozens of useless, uninformative posts among those many pages are mine. ;)

With the exception of Art's posts aren't they all useless and uninformative posts.

Having said that even some of Art's cryptic posts need a forensic team to come in to examine the true meaning in order to determine whether they are useful or informative.

munbeam666

Quote from: jazmunda on December 11, 2013, 12:15:10 PM
With the exception of Art's posts aren't they all useless and uninformative posts.

Having said that even some of Art's cryptic posts need a forensic team to come in to examine the true meaning in order to determine whether they are useful or informative.
Why be so cryptic? If he's not coming back on the air anytime soon, why just come out and announce it?

McPhallus

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 11, 2013, 12:18:28 PM
Why be so cryptic? If he's not coming back on the air anytime soon, why just come out and announce it?

Because he's indecisive by nature.  And, to be honest, he seems to enjoy all the attention he gets from fans.  If he were to really announce he was retiring "for good," many people would just move on.

munbeam666

Talk about cryptic messages. Dark matter Radio Network has a new icon-click the "About Network icon" it explains how Art initially set up this website, hoping to get back on the air, and then XMSerius nixed the matter of dropping the NC clause. Then it is written that "It may happen sooner, however"(?), and then..........."If Serius should change their mind, Art may be able to return sooner"
Go figure

jazmunda

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 11, 2013, 02:05:37 PM
Talk about cryptic messages. Dark matter radio Network has a new icon-click on "About Network" it explains how Art initially set up this website, hoping to get back on the air, and then XMSerius nixed the matter of dropping the NC clause. Then it is written that "It may happen sooner, however"(?), and then, "If Serius should change their mind, Art may be able to return sooner"
Go figure

It's more delusional than cryptic. Why would Sirius change their mind and drop the NC out of the goodness of their heart? It's business. Art had a contract. He quit and now needs to abide by the terms of that contract which means he sits out for 2 years. He may have had cause to fight it in court but he has stated that he won't fight it so we are where we are and we wait to see if he returns in September 2015.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on December 11, 2013, 02:10:46 PM
...and we wait to see if he returns in September 2015.

listening to your thoughts on the gabcast, i agree with you.  i don't think he's going to come back.  if he does, the return will be short lived.  if he thought satellite radio brought a minimal caller base, wait until he tries online streaming.  a vast sea of tumbleweed awaits... not because there will be anything wrong with art or his show, but because it's the nature of internet broadcasting.  there's so much content out there for people to choose from, you really have a hard time getting noticed without some sort of affiliation with traditional media (radio, tv, etc.).

Quote from: MV on December 11, 2013, 02:17:43 PM
listening to your thoughts on the gabcast, i agree with you.  i don't think he's going to come back.  if he does, the return will be short lived.  if he thought satellite radio brought a minimal caller base, wait until he tries online streaming.  a vast sea of tumbleweed awaits... not because there will be anything wrong with art or his show, but because it's the nature of internet broadcasting.  there's so much content out there for people to choose from, you really have a hard time getting noticed without some sort of affiliation with traditional media (radio, tv, etc.).


I called your show one time and the line was busy.
I had to wait a full 2 minutes to get my call taken.

DanTSX

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 11, 2013, 09:28:10 PM

I called your show one time and the line was busy.
I had to wait a full 2 minutes to get my call taken.

Next time try the priority line. 

DanTSX

Quote from: jazmunda on December 11, 2013, 02:10:46 PM
It's more delusional than cryptic. Why would Sirius change their mind and drop the NC out of the goodness of their heart? It's business. Art had a contract. He quit and now needs to abide by the terms of that contract which means he sits out for 2 years. He may have had cause to fight it in court but he has stated that he won't fight it so we are where we are and we wait to see if he returns in September 2015.

I think that he is trying to have lawyers negotiate out of it, but that takes time.  It has always surprised me how fast the populace here has expected results or changes from one day to another.  This shit takes time in the corporate, and especially the legal world.

jazmunda

Quote from: DanTSX on December 12, 2013, 04:29:54 AM
I think that he is trying to have lawyers negotiate out of it, but that takes time.  It has always surprised me how fast the populace here has expected results or changes from one day to another.  This shit takes time in the corporate, and especially the legal world.

I think it's been made crystal clear that their are no legal proceedings and no negotiations. The NC is being enforced and is not being challenged.

Lt.Uhura

I still think SiriusXM is headed for the toilet.  With somewhere between 30-50% of Sirius equipped cars not currently subscribed; a majority of subscribers who report they're only there for Stern (hard to believe, as I find him insufferable); threats from free streaming services with WiFi in autos; continued public complaints about poor customer service--just some of the relevant factors that don't add up to a company with a future. 

Ding Ding Ding! or Bonk!:  I predict SiriusXM goes belly up bankrupt within the next year, their top brass takes the money and runs, rendering Art Bell's NC null and void.

nbirnes

Good points. As a  new member of the Dark Matter Network, I obviously want it to succeed. I hope it's a bargaining chip for Art in further negotiations, and not a sacrificial lamb. I've been in business as an independent for a long time and I still can't fathom what goes on when I leave a meeting.

But when I listened to that Gabfest broadcast that hosted Art recently, I thought at first that it was some big show I'd missed. The quality and the hosting skills, especially when the guys (forgive me, I'm still leaning names/avatars) were wrangling Art, were impressive.

If I noticed this, don't you think Sirius folk did too? And C2C? Nobody is talking here about content, which is king. Doesn't matter how it's transmitted.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod