• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Change of Display Name

Started by Zoxo, October 12, 2013, 05:10:08 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on September 20, 2019, 02:10:55 PM
How many changes does one user get?
I don't think a change should "count" if one requests it because someone "outed" their old avatar.

There has been some name-change shaming toward me in the past, by other members.  However, usually when I requested a name change, it was because someone in real life learned my avatar through online stalking (once), or another member "outed me".  Not always, though.

Ridiculing someone for changing under those circumstances is like kind of like telling an abuse victim that the abuse was their fault.

Jojo

When I said Bart is not as easy about name changes, don't get me wrong.  He has allowed me several name changes.  But he does not allow all name changes.

The only reason I mentioned a pro and con about Ellgab was because I was raised that when you are in someone's house, you don't rave about someone else's house too much.  I was just being polite.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on September 25, 2019, 01:15:23 AM
I don't think a change should "count" if one requests it because someone "outed" their old avatar.

There has been some name-change shaming toward me in the past, by other members.  However, usually when I requested a name change, it was because someone in real life learned my avatar through online stalking (once), or another member "outed me".  Not always, though.

Ridiculing someone for changing under those circumstances is like kind of like telling an abuse victim that the abuse was their fault.

Manufactured outrage. ::)

That does it! I’m uping the dose.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 25, 2019, 01:22:11 AM
Manufactured outrage. ::)

That does it! I’m uping the dose.

#ManudacturedOutrage
#NameChangeShamingLOL

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on September 25, 2019, 02:54:53 AM
#ManudacturedOutrage
#NameChangeShamingLOL
LOL.  ;D  Typical leftist lunatic.
#YoYoWillBeYoYo.

MV/Liberace!

I responded to this unfounded accusation on the most recent GabCast, you blithering old hag.

MV/Liberace!

In your case, there's no way the abuse wasn't your fault.

I can only pray some fed up and frustrated man forced you to eat a door knob at some point.

paladin1991

Quote from: Liberace! on September 25, 2019, 12:19:20 PM
In your case, there's no way the abuse wasn't your fault.

I can only pray some fed up and frustrated man forced you to eat a door knob at some point.
Mouth closed or open?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 26, 2019, 07:53:37 PM
Mouth closed or open?

I'll leave it to the imagination. Really, the image of a Janet Reno hairdo flying repeatedly into a brass Kwikset knob should be all you require.

Asuka Langley

I would like to change my name from Kizuna Ai to Asuka Langley

Arigato Liberace! desu senpai

AZZERAE

Please may you change my display name from AZRAA to AZZERAE.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: AZZERAE on November 23, 2019, 03:11:04 AM
Please may you change my display name from AZRAA to AZZERAE.

Welcome back.  Hope things have improved for you.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 23, 2019, 04:54:17 PM
Welcome back. Hope things have improved for you.

I appreciate it. They have! I'm a lot happier nowadays.

Quote from: whoozit on August 07, 2019, 11:56:26 AM
Are you tangy, expensive and sold late at night? ;)
Where the hell do you shop ?   :o      ;D

Tootsie

Please change my name from Tootsie Wootsy to just Tootsie.. i dropped the Wootsy   .Thanks so much in advance

Lilith

I would like to change my user name from brig to Lilith.  Thank You :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brig on December 30, 2019, 10:21:14 PM
I would like to change my user name from brig to Lilith.  Thank You :)

That’s insane.

Kidnostad3

I'd like to change my name from John Outhouse to Cedric Outhouse.  Thank you.

Rat Fink

Please nice MV change avatar AZZERAE name from AZZERAE to ASSerae for nice Rat Fink.  OK?  I am Rat Fink.

Corona Kitty

From username to Corona Kitty

Jackstar

From Jackstar
to Michael Kuczi

[attachment=1,msg1384234]

Jojo

Quote from: Michael Kuczi on March 28, 2020, 12:53:40 PM
From Jackstar
to Michael Kuczi

[attachment=1,msg1384234]
Oh, now I see it.  Those shitheads who outed you for asking a girl out are such measly little drama queen cowards.  I can't find the girl's old tweet, but found her bf's old blog about it.  He didn't even give his or her name, but hid like a yellow belly, even though you already knew her name and where she lived.  So basically he publicly shamed you for nothing, really, using your real name.  While he lied and hid behind anonymity even though there was no reason for anonymity.  You already knew where she lived!

He lied when he claimed you assumed she was single and interested in you.  Those were lies.  Because it would have been up to her to tell you she had a bf.  If he's really her bf.  Brother, more likely. 

And she led you on by not declining your offer.  She gave you hope by deliberately being vague.  What awful, awful people.  I wish you hadn't reminded me of your supposed name.  It just dredged this up.  And I can't believe Bart would take their side??

Where is the original tweet from the girl, and is the bf's blog legit?  I never saw it years ago.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jojo on March 31, 2020, 04:00:52 AM
Oh, now I see it.  Those shitheads who outed you for asking a girl out are such measly little drama queen cowards.  I can't find the girl's old tweet, but found her bf's old blog about it.  He didn't even give his or her name, but hid like a yellow belly, even though you already knew her name and where she lived.  So basically he publicly shamed you for nothing, really, using your real name.  While he lied and hid behind anonymity even though there was no reason for anonymity.  You already knew where she lived!

He lied when he claimed you assumed she was single and interested in you.  Those were lies.  Because it would have been up to her to tell you she had a bf.  If he's really her bf.  Brother, more likely. 

And she led you on by not declining your offer.  She gave you hope by deliberately being vague.  What awful, awful people.  I wish you hadn't reminded me of your supposed name.  It just dredged this up.  And I can't believe Bart would take their side??

Where is the original tweet from the girl, and is the bf's blog legit?  I never saw it years ago.

I didn't feel like that whole story make jackstar look bad anyway.  Dude had a job and dude was interested in a chick.  So fucking what.

paladin1991

Quote from: Liberace! on March 31, 2020, 08:39:42 PM
I didn't feel like that whole story make jackstar look bad anyway.  Dude had a job and dude was interested in a chick.  So fucking what.
This is Bellgab.  We laugh our ass off at everything.  Jackyboy is more than able to handle his own in these threads.  Stalking that chick?  *shrug*  Only Jacky would know for sure.  But hasn't any of us had an interest in someone who we thought was worth pursuing only to have a cold response?  As the years have gone by, just saying hello to someone more than twice is considered stalking. 

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on March 31, 2020, 08:39:42 PM
Amen.

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 31, 2020, 09:14:31 PM
This is Bellgab.  We laugh our ass off at everything.  Jackyboy is more than able to handle his own in these threads.  Stalking that chick?  ...  As the years have gone by, just saying hello to someone more than twice is considered stalking.
You would know...

Jojo

Actually Bart came around on that.  It wasn't the most annoying thing in your repertoire.