• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Search

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 25, 2013, 07:56:20 PM

MV/Liberace!

I've just overcome a major problem that has plagued this forum since its inception in April of 2005:  search.

The search functionality built into this forum software has ALWAYS sucked really hard.  It's now been replaced by a custom Google search of CoastGab.  Yes, it's the power of Google but limited to CoastGab only.  Nice, I know. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 03:46:49 PM

thank you, thank you.

the search function sucks.  at least for me.  It doesn't search the parameters the original did, and now when you click on a search link it says "not allowed".

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc knight on July 27, 2013, 07:34:47 PM

the search function sucks.  at least for me.  It doesn't search the parameters the original did, and now when you click on a search link it says "not allowed".

what search term did you type that resulted in the "not allowed" message?  what link did you click on?  i need details.  what specific parameters are you missing from the old interface? 

is anyone else having problems?

jazmunda

I like it.

I put George Noory Sucks into the search and my computer exploded.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on July 28, 2013, 10:32:42 PM
I like it.

I put George Noory Sucks into the search and my computer exploded.

haha, yeah, i naturally experimented with similar search terms.

Mels-hole1984

For the last few days I haven't even been able to find the search button. It seems to have just disappeared.

MV/Liberace!

search is broken.  i'm not sure how i'm going to fix it at the moment.

Sardondi

Right now I'm using a combo of post-searching individual members and Googling "coastgab.com" and a solid keyword or member name. Works okay.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on August 21, 2013, 10:11:03 AM
Right now I'm using a combo of post-searching individual members and Googling "coastgab.com" and a solid keyword or member name. Works okay.

i've got themudking on it.  i'll bet he figures out the problem pretty quickly.

jazmunda

The search feature on this site sucks. Not quite George Noory sucking but at this stage Ed Dames would have more luck remote viewing things buried on BellGab.

It's not a deal breaker and I still love BellGab and I'm not demanding a fix but perhaps in the meantime you could offer a service where you spend your spare time searching the site for things that I want. I of course will reimburse you with compliments and farts that I will wave in your general direction.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2014, 06:01:01 PM
I of course will reimburse you with compliments and farts that I will wave in your general direction.
Hey Em Effer! I live up here too!

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 27, 2014, 06:04:15 PM
Hey Em Effer! I live up here too!

I'm saving a special strain just for you.

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2014, 06:01:01 PM
The search feature on this site sucks. Not quite George Noory sucking but at this stage Ed Dames would have more luck remote viewing things buried on BellGab.

It's not a deal breaker and I still love BellGab and I'm not demanding a fix but perhaps in the meantime you could offer a service where you spend your spare time searching the site for things that I want. I of course will reimburse you with compliments and farts that I will wave in your general direction.
Use the Google to search just bellgab.com.
Type:  winding down site:bellgab.com
Where you put your search terms first then, site:bellgab.com
You can use Google to search any website using site:TypeWebSiteHere
Link below will show you how.
http://bit.ly/1nt68iX

jazmunda

Quote from: Catsmile on May 27, 2014, 06:36:56 PM
Use the Google to search just bellgab.com.
Type:  winding down site:bellgab.com
Where you put your search terms first then, site:bellgab.com
You can use Google to search any website using site:TypeWebSiteHere
Link below will show you how.
http://bit.ly/1nt68iX

Thanks for that hint. If I wasn't so lazy I would probably do that. :P

I like my idea of having MV having to manually scour the site on my behalf.

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2014, 06:51:58 PM
Thanks for that hint. If I wasn't so lazy I would probably do that. :P

I like my idea of having MV having to manually scour the site on my behalf.
Reckon a fidget can scour bellgab, also?

paladin1991

Search function, does this thing work?  I was searching for my giving a shit about Mr. Fidgits sitch and couldn't find any.

wr250

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 27, 2014, 09:18:49 PM
Search function, does this thing work?  I was searching for my giving a shit about Mr. Fidgits sitch and couldn't find any.

heres my opinion on that thread: