• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

You gotta hand it to Dave, he's taken the very successful Dave Noory C2C model and applied it to MITD
-split show format suits shitty guests, needs minimal show prep and leaves little time for (nonexistent) callers
-lots of side projects like morning zoo sit-ins, yelling-at-ghost tv shows in case the show fails.
-plenty of 3&4 day work weeks and regular weeks off to attend wizard conventions, Alien cons and Rassle-cruises
-have a clown car full of vanilla shitters (that are absolutely no threat to replace you)ready to fill in while you're off on your multiple side gigs/vacations
All while a disinterested management ignores a dwindling listenership

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 14, 2019, 04:23:32 PM
You gotta hand it to Dave, he's taken the very successful Dave Noory C2C model and applied it to MITD
-split show format suits shitty guests, needs minimal show prep and leaves little time for (nonexistent) callers
-lots of side projects like morning zoo sit-ins, yelling-at-ghost tv shows in case the show fails.
-plenty of 3&4 day work weeks and regular weeks off to attend wizard conventions, Alien cons and Rassle-cruises
-have a clown car full of vanilla shitters (that are absolutely no threat to replace you)ready to fill in while you're off on your multiple side gigs/vacations
All while a disinterested management ignores a dwindling listenership

I stopped listening. But back when I did, you are 100%. Schrader is essentially pulling a Noory. He has a single radio affiliate to show for it. Unfortunately, the radio affiliate picked up the show out of spite, to rattle Heather’s cage, more than actually wanting the show.

You’d think they'd try something else at this point. I wonder how many subscribers they have and how many of them signed up under Art/Heather and just never cancelled.

WildCard

Quote from: VC on March 14, 2019, 01:37:57 PM
That was a shit connection! Why?

Yes, but here's how Dave operates:

It must be Ghosts!

Let me take you to see UFO's. It must be aliens! FU fraud artists!

Let me take you to my haunted houses, so we can fuck with your mind with our rigged Ghost setup. FU fraud artists!

Guest says: We don't know what it is, but Dave wins because it must be Ghosts and UFO's that he can produce at the "on location" UFO/Ghost sites. Why? Duh! FU DS. You're an all star wresting whore. Suckers born every minute, and you make cruise money off these idiots that are as stupid as you are.

It's not all fraud, maybe 99.9% if you're involved DS, but the other sightings doesn't mean Ghosts or UFO's either. WE DON'T KNOW -less all the rampant fraud that take the gullible "I want to believe" money.

Testify!

Lilith

Quote from: VC on March 14, 2019, 02:36:12 PM
Totally! Go on another cruise Dave and Snoree it in and promote your sorry ass for your travels every chance you can. :(

I would have called-in to talk to Gerbic but not possible with a one hour time slot.

For me, it would be a little more acceptable to have at least a four hour show if your going to have two guests, and even then, both guests should discuss the same topic, so that the listener can at least settle in with a topic/mood for the night IMO.

Lilith

Oh GOODIE!  John Barbour is on first.  Maybe I won't be switching to C2C in an hour then.

Lilith

Aww, c'mon Dave, let the guest tell his story HIS way, darn it.

Lilith

Lilith

It always seemed so RUDE, when Heather would incessantly try to redirect the conversation that the guest wanted to have.  Don't be a Heather, Dave.

Lilith

Lilith

Yeah, gees Dave, make sure the guest keeps his story short enough to leave time for your second guest.   ::)

Lilith

I guess I wouldn't care, if I didn't like the guest, but all this focus on time limitations, reminders, guest asking how much time he has etc, really makes the show nerve wracking.  Probably just too many commercial interruptions, especially for a one or two hour slot.  IMO.

Lilith

I guess I've just gotten spoiled by live YouTube streams, with no commercial interruptions, (unless they are also streaming over a radio station as well), and are only restricted by time, if they want to be.  Even the people that are streaming over a radio station, can continue on at YouTube if they want to, after they go off the air.

VC

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 14, 2019, 04:43:28 PMHe has a single radio affiliate to show for it. Unfortunately, the radio affiliate picked up the show out of spite, to rattle Heather’s cage, more than actually wanting the show.

Bullseye! And, your bumper music totally sucks DA Dave!

No wonder your ADD/OCD bitch freaks moan and cry baby Wah! to try and take down HW/AB's bumper music. I hope HW comes back just to spite you and Fart Ell and KR "in your face" for taking that away too! FU.

I don't think HW can comeback as a loner though. Too isolated and not enough time or ability or money to handle that workload. No one else really does that successfully as a loner, right?

Lilith

I'm not even sure how many people use their radios in their cars anymore.  People seem to use their cell phones, and listen to live youtube streams, or their own music collections, through their car speakers while they're driving these days.  I'm not sure this commercial supported radio model can compete these days.

Lilith

Quote from: VC on March 14, 2019, 11:44:53 PM
Bullseye! And, your bumper music totally sucks DA Dave!

No wonder your ADD/OCD bitch freaks moan and cry baby Wah! to try and take down HW/AB's bumper music. I hope HW comes back just to spite you and Fart Ell and KR "in your face" for taking that away too! FU.

I don't think HW can comeback as a loner though. Too isolated and not enough time or ability or money to handle that workload. No one else really does that successfully as a loner, right?

Honestly VC, I think commercial supported radio is dying.  I think it would be nearly impossible for anyone to make a successfull startup in that model in 2019, even IF they had talent.  To even have a slight chance, they would have to be really really outstanding, unique, and exceptionally talented, far and above anybody on the air.  Add to this, the over abundance of shows already out there with the same topics and the same guests.  The competition is vast, even in what appears to be a dying model.

Taco Bell would be better.  People have to eat.

VC

Quote from: brig on March 14, 2019, 11:57:55 PM
Honestly VC, I think commercial supported radio is dying.

Agreed. HW couldn't do that except with some radio station(s) that knew and liked her from before AB's death.

As a loner, she could try YT as a Witch and/or try to get guests using her now "lost" AB connections. IF AB really did commit suicide, then HW is sooooo screwed. She'll need long term treatment for her mental health just to function.

She needs a KGRA or MU or some major paranormal network to back her, otherwise she's burnt toast. I don't see that happening, now. She could try YT and also get a paying job elsewhere IF she really is going to comeback and needs an income now. Is she really 'that' committed to do this one-way or another.

You know, it took AB 7+ years at radio stations before he really knew what he was doing AND other people could recognize his talent and pay him well too! HW was really dumb IF she thought she was "in" with her VERY limited experience and time in dues paid. She's got to do "the time" to hone her craft.

Witchcraft obviously did NOT work for HW!

Lilith

Quote from: VC on March 15, 2019, 12:24:27 AM
Agreed. HW couldn't do that except with some radio station(s) that knew and liked her from before AB's death.

As a loner, she could try YT as a Witch and/or try to get guests using her now "lost" AB connections. IF AB really did commit suicide, then HW is sooooo screwed. She'll need long term treatment for her mental health just to function.

She needs a KGRA or MU or some major paranormal network to back her, otherwise she's burnt toast. I don't see that happening, now. She could try YT and also get a paying job elsewhere IF she really is going to comeback and needs an income now. Is she really 'that' committed to do this one-way or another.

You know, it took AB 7+ years at radio stations before he really knew what he was doing AND other people could recognize his talent and pay him well too! HW was really dumb IF she thought she was "in" with her VERY limited experience and time in dues paid. She's got to do "the time" to hone her craft.

Witchcraft obviously did NOT work for HW!

It's amazing how much money, interesting people make on YouTube from superchat, and making other ways to donate available.  One couple I watched on YouTube, just drive around looking for abandoned buildings to check out.  They make a couple hundred dollars in super chat alone, during one live stream alone.  If people enjoy you, and you're unique and enjoyable, they still pay.   :)

I think, in order to make a living, Heather would have to hitch a spot before C2C comes on, or as an additional fill in host.  She'd probably have to start out like Snoory did, as a reliable standby, for a significant period of time.

I think Heather could draw a significant amount of money on YouTube from fans like Paul and Ella, etc.

#ICouldBeWrong

Pizzapunch

Quote from: brig on March 15, 2019, 12:37:43 AM
It's amazing how much money, interesting people make on YouTube from superchat, and making other ways to donate available.  One couple I watched on YouTube, just drive around looking for abandoned buildings to check out.  They make a couple hundred dollars in super chat alone, during one live stream alone.  If people enjoy you, and you're unique and enjoyable, they still pay.   :)

I think, in order to make a living, Heather would have to hitch a spot before C2C comes on, or as an additional fill in host.  She'd probably have to start out like Snoory did, as a reliable standby, for a significant period of time.

I think Heather could draw a significant amount of money on YouTube from fans like Paul and Ella, etc.

#ICouldBeWrong
Plus it would piss off Falkie if she used YouTube and her people showed up to donate. Added bonus.

Lilith

Brenda's so excited.  LOL

Guest told her to calm down.  BWAHAHAHAHA

Lilith

Dave's taking callers for the guest.  I think this should be fun!

Lilith

Rebecca sounds confused.

Lilith

I'm enjoying this.  I hate to say it.

I'm impressed Dave!   ;D

Lilith

Dave is babbling.  Must be nobody onna phone lines?

Quote from: brig on March 15, 2019, 10:22:10 PM

As I’ve said numerous occasions, I was a big fan of Darkness Radio when it was on that Minneapolis radio station. This was pre MITD of Schrader. It’s was different show.

Joe Who was repeated so many times, I wouldn’t even listen to those shows. It’s was similar to how C2C used to run out Dames or some other clown with a bad hair cut. I don’t know how people can take anyone seriously who looks like they cut their own hair. I didn’t know the flowbee was still in style.

Quote from: brig on March 14, 2019, 11:57:55 PM
Honestly VC, I think commercial supported radio is dying.  I think it would be nearly impossible for anyone to make a successfull startup in that model in 2019, even IF they had talent.  To even have a slight chance, they would have to be really really outstanding, unique, and exceptionally talented, far and above anybody on the air.  Add to this, the over abundance of shows already out there with the same topics and the same guests.  The competition is vast, even in what appears to be a dying model.

You make fair points. But I’d counter that shows on commercial radio are more profitable that smaller podcast. I’m just saying generally, I’m not talking about popular podcast.

I’d rather have a radio show on terrestrial radio, with multiple affiliates, that is a hell of a lot easier to sell adds on than a podcast like MITD.