• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Personal Messages as Conversation

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 06, 2012, 11:39:42 AM

MV/Liberace!

I HATE HATE HATE the default view of private messages in this forum software.  It separates your inbox from your sent messages, removing any and all context of a conversation.  It's basically the way your text message inbox/sent would work on a cell phone from 2004.

If you want to change this so your personal messages are displayed in conversation form, it's easy to do.

Go here:

Your Profile > Modify Profile > Personal Messaging

Then, change the "Display Personal Messages" dropdown to "As a Conversation." 

I didn't know until TODAY that this could be changed, and I've been running this damn thing since April 2008.  WTF.

HAL 9000

Hey MV, BTW, do you happen to know the PM box capacity? I know I need to do some housekeeping, but I'd like to save some too - makes it easy for me to copy/paste links etc. from my PMs. I got a lot of PMs.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on February 04, 2013, 02:49:24 PM
Hey MV, BTW, do you happen to know the PM box capacity? I know I need to do some housekeeping, but I'd like to save some too - makes it easy for me to copy/paste links etc. from my PMs. I got a lot of PMs.

i don't know that there is a capacity, actually.  are you seeing any warnings/annoyances?

HAL 9000

Quote from: MV on February 04, 2013, 03:54:49 PMi don't know that there is a capacity, actually.  are you seeing any warnings/annoyances?

Oh no - no warnings... just didn't want to fill it up and then miss stuff. Everything is cool; but I have many more than most forums allow. All is good.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on February 05, 2013, 03:28:53 AM
Oh no - no warnings... just didn't want to fill it up and then miss stuff. Everything is cool; but I have many more than most forums allow. All is good.

if anything, i would remove stuff from time to time just for security purposes (IF you have sensitive messages in there).  otherwise, no sweat on the size of the archive.