• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on April 16, 2015, 09:15:26 PM
The absolute hardest thing to try and do is guess how many people will show up. I can guess from 5,000 to who the hell knows, I plan to be happy and have fun no matter what.

Now I have something NEW! It turns out we can provide a 32Kbps AAC+ stream as well as a standard 32 Kbps stream. AAC+ is nothing short of amazing, it will sound as good or better then 64Kbps. If you doubt it find a station at 32AAC+ and take a listen, my goodness it is good and we can offer a choice, bottom line we use half the bandwidth and so do you. The World keeps changing. 48Kbps AAC+ sounds better then 128.

Art

It's just like Terence said.  Technology is growing & changing faster then we can keep up and I love it.  This is already been quite a ride, can't wait to get updates on your studio as you build it. 

Well traffic is really picking up.  Yesterday most online was in the 200s, today in the 400s, at this rate we will easily break the record and get 1000 by the time MITD arrives in July :)

DesertFox

The absolute hardest thing to try and do is guess how many people will show up. I can guess from 5,000 to who the hell knows, I plan to be happy and have fun no matter what.

Now I have something NEW! It turns out we can provide a 32Kbps AAC+ stream as well as a standard 32 Kbps stream. AAC+ is nothing short of amazing, it will sound as good or better then 64Kbps. If you doubt it find a station at 32AAC+ and take a listen, my goodness it is good and we can offer a choice, bottom line we use half the bandwidth and so do you. The World keeps changing. 48Kbps AAC+ sounds better then 128.

Art

Yes--just focus on doing your usual quality show, have fun and they will come.  Build it and they will come!

chefist

Hello Everyone! I have been listening to you Art for many years...I too live in the desert, and enjoy the magic of the energy that one finds here...Also, I am a scientist...a chemist...and found that listening to your topics, with a skeptical mind, still expanded it! I hope, as many, many others, to hear you again soon...I finally got an account on BellGab, and hope that I may find some new friends here! All the best and God Speed John Glenn!  :)

DesertFox

Quote from: chefist on April 16, 2015, 09:44:52 PM
Hello Everyone! I have been listening to you Art for many years...I too live in the desert, and enjoy the magic of the energy that one finds here...Also, I am a scientist...a chemist...and found that listening to your topics, with a skeptical mind, still expanded it! I hope, as many, many others, to hear you again soon...I finally got an account on BellGab, and hope that I may find some new friends here! All the best and God Speed John Glenn!  :)

Welcome.  We could some scientific rigor around here!

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2015, 05:56:36 PM
And he's married to a terrorist. Do you want your dollars funding ISIS?
NO, but I would sure like to stop by and have some shwarma.  Do you think she would mind if I brought some IPA's?

Welcome chefist, agreed I'm a big fan of the desert myself along with those beautiful wide open spaces and roads, and starry night skies 8)

paladin1991

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 16, 2015, 06:01:48 PM
Wow, lots of posts since I last checked in and I'm thrilled about Art's return as an independent broadcaster!

Yeah.  That's the shit ain't it!?

gabrielle

Sounds great Art!

chefist

Well thank you all! I have read these posts for quite a while and hope that I may share in the general discussion...Also, I have listened to most of Art's shows and had some analysis that I may be out there, but have not heard before...I know that Art reads some if not most of these posts, and that is most impressive! My interest is many of the topics Art has covered over the years...and a series of phenomenon that I find very interesting and amazingly similar! Is this the right forum to submit ideas and conjecture? :-)

chefist

Oh, one more story...when DM came on in 2013 my then 5 year old daughter would listen with me each night to each show! She loved it and waited everyday for me to put the show on so we could listen together! I told her that Art is coming back! She is soooo excited to listen again, now she will be 7 but still remembers Art Bell! LOL

DesertFox

Quote from: chefist on April 16, 2015, 10:00:50 PM
Oh, one more story...when DM came on in 2013 my then 5 year old daughter would listen with me each night to each show! She loved it and waited everyday for me to put the show on so we could listen together! I told her that Art is coming back! She is soooo excited to listen again, now she will be 7 but still remembers Art Bell! LOL

You are teaching your daughter well.

coaster

gotta admit, thats pretty sweet.

Catsmile

...Now I have something NEW! It turns out we can provide a 32Kbps AAC+ stream as well as a standard 32 Kbps stream. AAC+ is nothing short of amazing, it will sound as good or better then 64Kbps. If you doubt it find a station at 32AAC+ and take a listen, my goodness it is good and we can offer a choice, bottom line we use half the bandwidth and so do you. The World keeps changing. 48Kbps AAC+ sounds better then 128.

Art

Good to hear that your team is going to do 32K HE-AAC, and MP3.
Low bitrate ACC-LC, HE-AAC does indeed blow away low bitrate MP3 for sound quality, bit for bit. That solves the data cap, sound quality, and compatibility issues, for most of the world.
With plenty of slots for people to listen live! Now we need to work on baby monitor broadcast issues. 

I wasn't about to poke the bear about what encoding the stream used.
Like many, I don't care if we are listening to the show with a string and a tin can. Good to see your team is ready to roll with technology, it's always a moving target. Looking forward to reading, and maybe seeing the new studio take shape, Art. 

Heather Wade

Well, the Adorable Meter just went 'Tilt'.  Now, go type Tilt into google.   ;D

Daggit

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 16, 2015, 08:50:12 PM
Wow - this week C2C just started putting some music in their podcasts.

Are you sure about that? My source says that's not true.

Daggit

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 16, 2015, 10:13:00 PM

I left out a letter when I googled. Thanks. I will sleep well tonight.

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 16, 2015, 10:13:00 PM

Thank you "Redacted" and "DesertFox"...I have not been in a "Chat Room" since 1996...LOL...you all seem very nice and interesting! Can't wait to see what the future brings! :-) Oh, and my daughter will be there as well! :-) Be Well All!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on April 16, 2015, 10:23:59 PM
Thank you "Redacted" and "DesertFox"...I have not been in a "Chat Room" since 1996...LOL...you all seem very nice and interesting! Can't wait to see what the future brings! :-) Oh, and my daughter will be there as well! :-) Be Well All!

Hey there. Glad you signed up.

chefist

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2015, 10:25:19 PM
Hey there. Glad you signed up.

Thanks MV...first of all that video about busted my gut! LOL...what were they playing? :-) LOL

Laurakinch

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2015, 05:56:36 PM
And he's married to a terrorist. Do you want your dollars funding ISIS?

I'm cracking up over the new Avi MV. BTW, my ex spouse & father of my son is an Arab Palestinian. I know all about the mind of a terrorist. Good times indeed!

chefist

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 16, 2015, 09:48:26 PM
Welcome chefist, agreed I'm a big fan of the desert myself along with those beautiful wide open spaces and roads, and starry night skies 8)

Absolutely! I'm down Tucson way...big sky country...my daughter and I are out almost every night with the telescope! She can name most of the red and orange giants and Terrain System Planets! :-)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on April 16, 2015, 10:34:07 PM
Thanks MV...first of all that video about busted my gut! LOL...what were they playing? :-) LOL

I'm not sure what they were playing. The fat guy has a really popular YouTube channel. Do a search for "bring up the fucking servers!"

Quote from: Laurakinch on April 16, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
I'm cracking up over the new Avi MV. BTW, my ex spouse & father of my son is an Arab Palestinian. I know all about the mind of a terrorist. Good times indeed!

I will wake up with a slit throat any night. Please mourn me when I'm gone?

Laurakinch

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2015, 10:42:21 PM
I'm not sure what they were playing. The fat guy has a really popular YouTube channel. Do a search for "bring up the fucking servers!"

When my mom needed medication injections I couldn't do it & almost fainted. My husband did it with no trouble. In fact, told me he could easily cut a person's head off. No problem.

Quote from: Laurakinch on April 16, 2015, 10:47:25 PM
When my mom needed medication injections I couldn't do it & almost fainted. My husband did it with no trouble. In fact, told me he could easily cut a person's head off. No problem.

Depends on who it is

chefist

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2015, 10:42:21 PM

LOL...guess all I can think about is Baron Harkonnen from Dune! LOL :-)

maureen

how totally charming!! Delighted to have you and your daughter joining the ride!