• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 12:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

11angeleyes11

Normally, I support Coast, but let me be the devil's advocate on this one.  This weight loss thingee, is like Michele Obama telling you not to feed your child certain foods.  I don't need government meddling in my life.  It is good to make healthy choices, but I don't want it rammed down my throat.  Another example of this that comes to mind is some type of drink restiction or tax in New York City that is being proposed.  I have seen a T Shirt that reads, No thanks, I am capable of making up my own mind what I want to drink. 

I don't want Coast telling me what I want to weigh.  I may be five hundred pounds and bed ridden being fed Domino's pizza that delivers to my bedside, but I don't want some show that I have relied on for years for parnormal, ufo, and edgy subjects telling me to count calories.  It just is not a good fit, even if I lose the weight.  Tell you what, for every show that they have on advocating weight loss, I will order another super supreme Domino's pizza with a desert pizza promotion and wolf it down during the first hour.  No show like that is going to influence me. 

Now I will get back to the conspiratorial side of this.  All of those weigh cards that are being sent in, put up on FaceBook, texted in, and so forth are going to be turned over to the government and forwarded to Michele O' Bama.  Then, if you are not in the desirable weight category, the diet squad will be knocking on your door with a search warrant to raid your cupboards, pantries, cabinets, food cellars, refrigerators and deep freezes.  All undesirable and inappropriate foods will be confiscated.  The Coast sweep is round one and your first warning.  If you do not respond favorably, the next round will be forthcoming.  You will diet or else!!!!!!! 

The Devil's Food made me post this!!!!!

Tara

The Oprah ization of C2C

C2C has degenerated into a bad version of the Oprah show: Weight loss advice, giving a voice to the shut-in and emotional disturbed, New Age guests with pep talks on how to improve one's life. 
This was all covered on Oprah.

I'm not the greatest Oprah fan, but at least she doesn't attempt to sing. 


ItsOver

It's been bad enough over the years to have a C2C without Art but the latest pile of @#$% is just more salt in the wound.  Welcome to Radio Hell.

ItsOver

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 07, 2012, 03:31:32 AM
I wonder if Maj. Ed Dames remote viewed Mitch.  And if so, did Mitch turn and look at him?

No doubt but Maj. Doom saw Saddam Snoory in his view.  Where has that clown been?  Is Snoory below even Dames?  The Hoagster still pops up regulary like a never-ending nightmare but what about the greatest fraud of all?  Did a solar flare take him out?

Sardondi

Who the hell is making the programming decisions at C2C?! This weight-loss thing is the most inane, wrong-headed thing possible. This says to me that they're desperate, because you don't change what works. Clearly the decision-makers think something is very, very wrong at C2C if they've decided to put something like this swill on. 

Just who the hell do they think is listening to their show? Moms drinking coffee in their kitchens as they wash the clothes? You idiots, you're on at 2:00 effing a.m. in the morning! You really think the paranormal community has been sitting up days, worrying about finding the right radio show to be their weight-loss buddy? Do you really think truck drivers will rejoice that they now have a radio host who cares about whether they can get into those little black coveralls for the holidays? Idiots! Morons! Dunces! Cretins! Simpletons! Imbeciles!

Weight loss cards, the "big move to Hawaii" (has anyone associated with C2C ever said what the hell the move is for?), "self-improvement" shows more and more often - the show isn't recognizable any more. The very existence of C2C is now officially an insult to radio, even to intellect. I've never said this before, because I guess I've always had a hope that it could be saved somehow. But now I see it's impossible to save. The show needs to be cancelled, before these bastards turn every single fond memory of the show into a stinking pile of dogshit.

ItsOver

Didn't Snoory say sometime back he'd be "taking the show in a new direction?"  Gag.....not only is the road to Hell paved with good intentions, it's also apparently paved with incompetent decisions, as well.

Sardondi

Quote from: ItsOver on July 07, 2012, 11:29:09 AM
Didn't Snoory say sometime back he'd be "taking the show in a new direction?"  Gag.....not only is the road to Hell paved with good intentions, it's also apparently paved with incompetent decisions, as well.

It's coming clear: Noory hasn't just been incompetent - he's hated the format. It explains it all. The reason he's sounded distracted, repeats questions, ignores guests and repeats their answers, is because he hates the show that Art Bell turned over to him.

This was always his plan: establish himself, ride it out, make it his own. And then once he's well in the saddle, change it to a "good neighbor show" where they exchange remedies for bunions and send in recipes for chocolate salty balls. He'll have a "hello to the shut-in" segment, requests for "concentrated positive thinking", plus a half-hour every night of him singing Elvis by request. He'll have self-improvement guests, sell vitamins and push supplements and do health shows like "Is Poison Bad For You?".

And never a mention of ghosts, UFOs or Bigfoot ever again. It'll be the Merv Griffin Show for the blind. Sure there will be some loss of listeners, but they were probably just haters anyway. George will make the show's appeal more selective, and wind up with a truly loyal base of fans. All 50,000 of them.

I think the truth is not very far from this. God help us all.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on July 07, 2012, 11:51:08 AM
It's coming clear: Noory hasn't just been incompetent - he's hated the format. It explains it all. The reason he's sounded distracted, repeats questions, ignores guests and repeats their answers, is because he hates the show that Art Bell turned over to him.

This was always his plan: establish himself, ride it out, make it his own. And then once he's well in the saddle, change it to a "good neighbor show" where they exchange remedies for bunions and send in recipes for chocolate salty balls. He'll have a "hello to the shut-in" segment, requests for "concentrated positive thinking", plus a half-hour every night of him singing Elvis by request. He'll have self-improvement guests, sell vitamins and push supplements and do health shows like "Is Poison Bad For You?".

And never a mention of ghosts, UFOs or Bigfoot ever again. It'll be the Merv Griffin Show for the blind. Sure there will be some loss of listeners, but they were probably just haters anyway. George will make the show's appeal more selective, and wind up with a truly loyal base of fans. All 50,000 of them.

I think the truth is not very far from this. God help us all.

Classic assessment.  I'm afraid it's very, very sad but true.  I always thought the bad sign was "6-6-6."  It's really "11-11-11." 

 

Juan

sNoory seems just like most of the news people I worked with, and if he is, he hasn't planned anything.

Broadcasters hire consulting firms to do focus groups and find out what people want to see and hear - Frank N. Magid is one such firm (www.magid.com).  It's my understanding from people I know still in the business that the consultants (insultants I always called them) are telling shows that life planning shows are what will get ratings.  I suspect Coast's insultants are telling management the same.

These kinds of decisions are made at a pay grade far higher than sNoory's, though I hate to defend the moron.

ItsOver

Boneheads dumber than Snoory.  What a scary thought.  No wonder the world is in the state it's in. 

ItsOver

The apparent consultant's mantra "never overestimate the intelligence of the masses."  Hell truly is being surrounded by stupid.

Quote from: Sardondi on July 07, 2012, 11:05:53 AM
Who the hell is making the programming decisions at C2C?! This weight-loss thing is the most inane, wrong-headed thing possible...



This is so poorly thought out and unworkable that it may well be just something George came up with on his way to the studio one day, just something to say to fill time.  Like some of his other made up BS, it is very possible George has completely forgotten about it by now, and will be genuinely surprised when some caller asks about it in the future.



Quote from: Sardondi on July 07, 2012, 11:05:53 AM
... the show isn't recognizable any more. The very existence of C2C is now officially an insult to radio, even to intellect. I've never said this before, because I guess I've always had a hope that it could be saved somehow. But now I see it's impossible to save. The show needs to be cancelled, before these bastards turn every single fond memory of the show into a stinking pile of dogshit.



I've thought this for some time now.  I'd settle for just renaming it the George Noory Show.  I guess Knapp is ok just ignoring the rest of the hosts and their antics for now but my guess is at some point he'll have no choice but to disassociate himself from the show.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Sardondi on July 07, 2012, 11:51:08 AM
It's coming clear: Noory hasn't just been incompetent - he's hated the format. It explains it all. The reason he's sounded distracted, repeats questions, ignores guests and repeats their answers, is because he hates the show that Art Bell turned over to him.

This was always his plan: establish himself, ride it out, make it his own. And then once he's well in the saddle, change it to a "good neighbor show" where they exchange remedies for bunions and send in recipes for chocolate salty balls. He'll have a "hello to the shut-in" segment, requests for "concentrated positive thinking", plus a half-hour every night of him singing Elvis by request. He'll have self-improvement guests, sell vitamins and push supplements and do health shows like "Is Poison Bad For You?".

And never a mention of ghosts, UFOs or Bigfoot ever again. It'll be the Merv Griffin Show for the blind. Sure there will be some loss of listeners, but they were probably just haters anyway. George will make the show's appeal more selective, and wind up with a truly loyal base of fans. All 50,000 of them.

I think the truth is not very far from this. God help us all.

You can read from my posts I am not happy today.

The Open Lines will turn into Noory request lines.  You call, he sings, click!!!

One more segment, "Painting Pictures For The Blind Listeners".. . That is good, because when I read where the show is headed, I want to poke my only eye out.

kf5iwe

 For crimes committed against the listening audience over the last 10 years, George Noory, Leroy Jethro Gibbs will see you in the interview room now.

ItsOver

The way to be a truly happy member of the Snoory audience......blind, deaf and/or dumb.

Harmness

Quote from: ItsOver on July 07, 2012, 02:13:21 PM
The way to be a truly happy member of the Snoory audience......blind, deaf and/or dumb.

And playing a mean pinball.

11angeleyes11

I just read the interview that Noory had with DailySingle.com.  What is that site?  They present it on the Coast to Coast website as a new online magazine.  It appears to me to be single website when your profile is just presented as an interview and a magazine cover. 

What is the real story?

Oversoul

Quote from: Sardondi on July 07, 2012, 11:05:53 AM
Who the hell is making the programming decisions at C2C?! This weight-loss thing is the most inane, wrong-headed thing possible. This says to me that they're desperate, because you don't change what works. Clearly the decision-makers think something is very, very wrong at C2C if they've decided to put something like this swill on.

Just who the hell do they think is listening to their show? . . . Idiots! Morons! Dunces! Cretins! Simpletons! Imbeciles!

Weight loss cards, the "big move to Hawaii" (has anyone associated with C2C ever said what the hell the move is for?), "self-improvement" shows more and more often - the show isn't recognizable any more. The very existence of C2C is now officially an insult to radio, even to intellect. I've never said this before, because I guess I've always had a hope that it could be saved somehow. But now I see it's impossible to save. The show needs to be cancelled, before these bastards turn every single fond memory of the show into a stinking pile of dogshit.

The show is already a pile of cow dung!   It has become a show by morons for morons.  It has lost all sense of decent intellectualism and professional radio broadcast journalism.  I've sensed the dead end direction that the show was being driven by Noory and its producers for years now.  The old glory days of the show is gone and will never come back.  It does not matter anymore whether they cancel the show or not at this point in time.  The essence of the real C2C show is gone.  What's left is the carcass left behind for vultures to feast on.   :'(

jmacky

I'm a newbie here but go way back to Art, for the record this is my take; Noory is basically a DJ (and I know that world) who is light at his most daring, his voice is good, I'll give him that, but he doesn't know anything but he hit the lottery for sure... Wells has a great voice, but he's one of those wacko guys, at least he seems to think that, maybe it's all show and I wonder about that. The guy I like the best in Art's absence is Ian who is smart and researches his subjects, I wish he was on wk-ends much more.

But there was nothing like Art's old intro, from the high desert... man, that made my skin tingle... those were the days.  I even saved that night when he talked about the death of his wife, that was sad but in a radio way, great. I had tears.

Rico999

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on July 07, 2012, 05:31:30 PM
I just read the interview that Noory had with DailySingle.com.  What is that site?  They present it on the Coast to Coast website as a new online magazine.  It appears to me to be single website when your profile is just presented as an interview and a magazine cover. 

What is the real story?

Like most of the posts on this thread, I'm in total disbelief at what this program's become.   This "Shape Up America," is the stupidest, most idiotic thing Noory's come up with yet.  Well, maybe it wasn't his idea, but he signed off on it, that's for sure.   But who in the HELL decided it was going to be 15,000,000 lbs??   Does this mean every listener's going to have to lose 15 lbs?   Who's going to tally the weight loss?   

They've lost their fucking minds!

But on an even more pathetic note, it seems George is having a hard time getting a date.  So he plasters his photoshopped image on this FB singles page along with a canned interview and there you have it.   George, trolling for dates.   You know, you'd think a guy making millions of dollars with a nationally syndicated radio program could find one of the many thousands of beautiful women falling over themselves in this town to get hooked up with an entertainment celebrity -- and yet he's got to advertise??   

I recommend widest possible dissemination of this webpage -- if you had any second thoughts about what this asshole Noory is all about, this should change your mind.

http://www.dailysingle.com/George-Noory-radio-broadcaster-and-host-of-Coast-To-Coast-AM-interview/

Oversoul

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on July 07, 2012, 05:31:30 PM
I just read the interview that Noory had with DailySingle.com.  What is that site?  They present it on the Coast to Coast website as a new online magazine.  It appears to me to be single website when your profile is just presented as an interview and a magazine cover. 

What is the real story?

The site looks like a cover-up for an online dating service for singles looking to get a life for themselves, with a "significant other" to invest in.   ::)

ManiacMatt

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on July 07, 2012, 05:31:30 PM
I just read the interview that Noory had with DailySingle.com.  What is that site?  They present it on the Coast to Coast website as a new online magazine.  It appears to me to be single website when your profile is just presented as an interview and a magazine cover. 

What is the real story?

DailySingle is a joke.  Anyone can pay a fee and have an "interview".  It's worthless self-promotion.  Someone from this board should have an "interview" on that site and offer some kind of rebuttal to Noory's.


Oversoul

Quote from: ManiacMatt on July 07, 2012, 07:09:16 PM
DailySingle is a joke.  Anyone can pay a fee and have an "interview".  It's worthless self-promotion.  Someone from this board should have an "interview" on that site and offer some kind of rebuttal to Noory's.

I mighta, woulda, coulda... BUT I don't want to risk cheapening and damaging my public persona and image!   ;D   ;D   ;D

Can someone from
PREMIERE please read this epic thread and either cancel Noory or give the show to someone who cares? Please, I beg you? Please.. Weight loss shows now? Elvis impersonations? Ugh.... Please. If you have dignity, end this now!

ItsOver

Snoory.... living proof there is alien life and it's here on Earth.  There's still no proof of any intelligent alien life, though.

Oversoul

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 07, 2012, 08:07:07 PM
Can someone from PREMIERE please read this epic thread and either cancel Noory or give the show to someone who cares? Please, I beg you? Please.. Weight loss shows now? Elvis impersonations? Ugh.... Please. If you have dignity, end this now!

Have you ever considered that the show producers are sadistic agents of the Illuminati determined to dumb down the populace and spread disinformation among the remaining intellectuals of the world?   :o


Quote from: ItsOver on July 07, 2012, 08:07:38 PM
Snoory.... living proof there is alien life and it's here on Earth.  There's still no proof of any intelligent alien life, though.

Noory's an ET alien experiment to create intelligent human life on Earth, that went awfully bad and really wrong!  ;D
The ETs left hurriedly when they realized that they couldn't undo their failed experiment.

Quote from: Oversoul on July 07, 2012, 08:16:52 PM
Have you ever considered that the show producers are sadistic agents of the Illuminati determined to dumb down the populace and spread disinformation among the remaining intellectuals of the world?   :o


Yes... Considered it .......

Oversoul

Says it all.  No other explanation needed.   ::)

ItsOver

LOL....just posted it on The Mother Ship thread as a premise for a Hendrie take on the toker.

Grimace

Hahah, this photo of Snoores that I'd say puts him around 25 or so is great:



No mustache, so its no surprise he was probably just blowing chunks of bullshit in his "interview," but what he does look like is the most boring and bored man in the world. "Ugh, I just want to go home and have a glass of milk while listening to Mitch." Also it looks like he's trying to record something while standing all the way back there... Behind a guy taking a photo? "Uhhh, boss just told me to stand here and look busy."

I imagine the phrase, "Hey Georgey, quit standin' around with your fingers up your ass like schmuck and make yourself useful!" was said quite often around the office back then. "Uhh, okey-dokie!" George responded.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod