• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on September 18, 2019, 09:20:40 PM
My point is simply that ecigs offer a highly effective and convenient means for doing a variety of drugs in addition to nicotine and that their widespread use as such was predictable.  They are really nothing more functionally than a high tech bong that can be carried in one's pocket.  I have no idea if they kill people or not and I really don't give a shit what you or other adults do with them but it seems apparent that offering tutty-fruity flavors was intended to add to the appeal of vaping to kids.  Of course you might be one of those who enjoy cherry-vanilla flavored vapor yourself.
The irony might be, I suspect, that Big Tobacco, via lobbyists might be against the anti-vaping thing. Even though they both, apparently, use similar tactics.  Besides the whole Mentholated cigarettes targeting blacks, like addict Obama, there also was the whole deal with dip/chewing tobacco. Because, yeah, "cherry" flavor would go over well with cowboys, ball players, hockey players, and farmers. I'm sure that market was just asking for more "fruit flavors." Similar is 'alco-pops' and such cartoon/animal ads by the booze, tobacco industry. Always a wink-wink. "No we aren't going after youths."

Having said that I would think, logically, that the closer to the source is 'better' if one wants to imbibe and adding chemicals, solvents, weird contraptions, etc to anything already likely 'bad' to your system is not a good thing. Certain studies have claimed that Scandinavian snus tobacco products lowered cancer rates versus smoking (and no second-hand.) 

But legalize most drugs, if not all, to take away the corruption, crime, violence, and even the 'forbidden fruit' aspect. And encourage science, moral and social pressure, parents, age of use, cost (insurance premiums, places to use, etc) to stem abuse. But at least take some dangers away from Chinese/Mex crap killing so many people and profits going to criminal groups, corrupt regimes (even here,) and dangers of one use drop someone dead.

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 18, 2019, 10:18:16 PM

Bwaaaa-haaa-haaa! ;D
Is there any other way that this guy can become more of an embarrassment? And still, he is going to be the next prime minister. It does not seem to matter what he does.  :-[

Have you seen the reaction of Canada's other female party leader- Jagmeet Singh from the NDP (read extreme left, if you are not from Canada.) Here is his reaction where he worries that this picture is going to make people feel like giving up on Canada and giving up on themselves. You would think it were a national fucking disaster where he is counseling that we all need to come together and "take care of one another." and that we need to "reach out to our loved ones, and reach out to people who are suffering in silence."  :'(

Don't get me wrong- I hope this helps to wreck Trudeaus chance of getting back in... But it is a fucking picture. Not something where Canada's youth are now at the risk of suicide because some entitled jackass of a feminist prime minister wore "brownface" and a turban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2rpoY09xY

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on September 18, 2019, 10:08:36 PM
It doesn't really work that way. One of the first questions I asked as this technology became more commonplace, was "can I put weed in it?" The answer is no, because nicotine is water soluble, and THC is oil soluble. They also have widely different boiling points. The devices that are designed for each compound work quite differently. Of course this did not stop some enterprising degenerates from refilling units with various substances they found in their cupboards and selling them on the black market, which is a rather separate problem.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/wisconsin-brothers-thc-vaping-drug-operation

I rather think that the flavors are largely meant to appeal to women, and others with child-like minds. In any event, it doesn't matter, as the components for making this stuff are readily available--you'd have better luck banning sugar in order to keep it out of the gas tanks of cars.

I'm a purist.

I'll defer to your superior knowledge on the chemistry involved but according to the articles I cited and many more, kids are using ecigs to do all kinds of drugs and it has become an epidemic.  Never doubt the resourcefulness of teenagers looking for a good time. 

I agree that banning ecigs would be futile. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on September 19, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
kids are using ecigs to do all kinds of drugs and it has become an epidemic.  Never doubt the resourcefulness of teenagers looking for a good time. 

This is nothing new. I agree that this is a problem. It is why I am in favor of bringing back the pillory.

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on September 19, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
kids are using ecigs to do all kinds of drugs and it has become an epidemic.  Never doubt the resourcefulness of teenagers looking for a good time. 

This is nothing new. I agree that this is a problem. It is why I am in favor of bringing back the pillory.

pate

What is this deja vu?

What is this deja vu?

-p

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on September 19, 2019, 03:57:50 PM

The ducking stool is my personal favorite.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on September 19, 2019, 03:57:50 PM

The ducking stool is my personal favorite. 

pate

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3779995/posts

Ha!  Twitter suspends a bunch of "dirty Mexicans"

I am going to hell...

WOTR

Quote from: pate on September 20, 2019, 09:34:53 PM
https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3779995/posts

Ha!  Twitter suspends a bunch of "dirty Mexicans"

I am going to hell...
They just keep providing reasons to break up the monopoly's or even nationalize "in the public interest."*

*No, I don't think the government running them is a good idea. But when they keep proving that they are trying to sway the voters and "deplatforming" anybody who disagrees, it is becoming obvious that they cannot be trusted either...

Kidnostad3

Quote from: WOTR on September 21, 2019, 01:08:14 AM
They just keep providing reasons to break up the monopoly's or even nationalize "in the public interest."*

*No, I don't think the government running them is a good idea. But when they keep proving that they are trying to sway the voters and "deplatforming" anybody who disagrees, it is becoming obvious that they cannot be trusted either...

Some sort of governmental oversight (other than Congressional) is needed.  Why not expand the charter of the FCC to include social media?  I would prefer that to setting up a new commission.

The fewer things run by the Gub'ment the better. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 22, 2019, 11:27:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHlNfpni6oM

Sociopolitical castration of men is no doubt the goal of the far Left as evidenced by it's emasculated formerly male adherents. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on September 20, 2019, 10:00:16 AM

I'll allow it.

Great.  I've got one in the attic.  It's a family aireloom that I was going to sell on EBay but now I'll hang on to it.

Taaroa

Oh Aljazeera - you really brighten my day with the garbage you produce these days.  ::) But sure, blame an easy scapegoat instead of the actual culprits. Don't forget to decry Israel while turning a blind eye to the human rights abuses by the Qatari government owners of your outlet (which was also part of the British Empire)!

Hong Kong, Kashmir, Palestine: Ruins of British empire on fire
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/hong-kong-kashmir-palestine-ruins-british-empire-fire-190925122530155.html

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on September 27, 2019, 05:30:41 AM
Don't forget to decry Israel

Circumcision of infants is child abuse.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on September 27, 2019, 10:54:52 AM
Circumcision of infants is child abuse.
I couldn't believe it but I over heard 3 checkers at Ralph's gossiping and talking to each other and looking at one of their phones and heard one gal say "yeah, they really do that?" and the other said "yeah, well, I guess it is better it is done when they are a baby because they won't remember." And the other said "that is just so gross, stopping talking I'm trying to eat." I guess they were on break (but this took place at the end of the aisle right by the 'ready to eat food' and check-out area. Oddly this was in an area with lots of members of a certain Tribe so they could've gotten into trouble if over heard.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on September 27, 2019, 06:52:40 PM
I couldn't believe it but I over heard 3 checkers at Ralph's gossiping and talking to each other and looking at one of their phones and heard one gal say "yeah, they really do that?" and the other said "yeah, well, I guess it is better it is done when they are a baby because they won't remember." And the other said "that is just so gross, stopping talking I'm trying to eat." I guess they were on break (but this took place at the end of the aisle right by the 'ready to eat food' and check-out area. Oddly this was in an area with lots of members of a certain Tribe so they could've gotten into trouble if over heard.

Which tribe?  Seminole?

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 28, 2019, 01:07:30 AM
Which tribe?  Seminole?
Shorter. Not as stout. But have noses also.
Speaking of which, what is with the command-centers at Trader Joe's? Odd, the one here I noticed today was bustling with activity and a relatively small grocery store. There were almost more people up stairs (it wasn't upstairs, really but raised up and sorta of command-center, not a separate office space or walled off even) than dealing with customers. I'm highly suspicious. Because they also only had one brand, in house brand at that,  of sauerkraut for sale.

pyewacket

I always knew that there was no such thing as a free lunch, so I'm glad you youngsters will be on the hook for this billionaires' buffet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50FIUDhbTHk

albrecht

Bucky is ashamed of white people.  Hopefully the next homecoming video will feature more affirmative action students before they drop out.   

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/university-apologizes-for-touting-diverse-student-body-with-video-of-all-white-students-154657545.html

Kidnostad3

GOOGLE SUCKS!!!

I just happened to open the Spam mailbox in my gmail account and discovered 99+ emails almost all of which came from senders who are Republican/conservative/libertarian individuals /organizations or contain words or phrases that are unfavorable to Democrats and the left in general.   This is censorship by algorithm that goes unnoticed by most who like me do not check their spam box that often.  Something has to be done to stop these leftist cyber Nazis who are at the very least guilty of working to deprive citizens of their rights to free speech and free association. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 05, 2019, 10:36:51 PM
Something has to be done to stop these leftist cyber Nazis who are at the very least guilty of working to deprive citizens of their rights to free speech and free association.

It's a shame you didn't figure this out until after you left the service. Semper fi.