• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Melvin Dummar Show

Started by JustOneFix, March 29, 2011, 10:42:11 PM

JustOneFix

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the show where George Knapp interviewed Melvin Dummar, who claimed to pick up Howard Hughes in the desert?  I think it was originally broadcast 24 August of 2008, but I could've sworn Dummar was on with Art Bell before that.

I'm sure it's on a torrent or something along that line, but I'm not technologically savvy enough to figure out how all that stuff works!

I've studied Howard Hughes for many years, but I never got the chance to record this C2C show.

In the photo below you can tell Hughes is saying to himself, "If I would be around in the 21st century I'd buy Premrad so I could get rid of Snoory."

C110

That was one of the best interviews Knapp has done.....love hearing interviews with people that have a story to tell.  I believe the story is true.  I heard it for a second time when it was replayed on Coast and still found it interesting.  Knapp should do another show with Dummar.

I also loved the interview Knapp did with the mafia gangster from Vegas.  Great stuff!!!

JustOneFix

I agree! Knapp did a helluva job on this show.

I'm not so sure that the story of Howard Hughes sneaking out to go to a whorehouse is true, but it makes for yet another fascinating story to go along with the Howard Hughes mystique.

You have to remember he was not only hiding out due to his mental illness, but he was also laying low due to various lawsuits going at the time.

Think of it this way, once you bed the likes of Katherine Hepburn, Ava Gardner, Mae West, and many more- everything else pales in comparison. LOL!

C110

I kinda believe the whorehouse theory....Look at Charlie Sheen.....or.....Look at me if I had the $$ those two have....or had!  I could see it happening!

C110

You may want to also check out the interview with the guy that wrote the book Citizen Hughes....I think both Art as well as George Knapp did a interview with this author.  He had a lot of info about Hughes and his corporation.  It was a great show. 

Now that the smoke has cleared on the Hughes estate for many years it would be interesting to find out who got what.  I think Hughes was surrounded by vultures.

coastfan

Yeah, good show. The Art Bell interview with Michael Drosnin who wrote Citizen Hughes was good, too. And that's a good book if you're into Hughes. I posted on this a while back, if anybody wants to search for it. I haven't heard Knapp interviewing Michael Drosnin. If that show exists, I need it.

JustOneFix

C110-

Do you have a date for the Drosnin interview? I need to add that one to my collection. I have the book and it is indeed a good read. Along this line a few others I recommend are Empire by Bartlet & Steele, Hughes by Richard Hack, Howard Hughes the Secret Life by James Phalen, Howard Hughes by John Keats, The real Howard Hughes Story by Nelson Madden.  I need to get Robert Maheu's book as well. I've heard it's a hell of a read. Terry Moore's "Beauty and the Billionaire" is another I need to pick up, tho I'm not sure how accurate it is.
There's been quite a few books written about Hughes but the ones I listed above are the ones I cite most frequently.

MV/Liberace!

the drosnin interview about hughes was one of art's more memorable shows for me.  although i found drosnin to be an incessantly interrupting douche who came of as an impatient and annoying man, the info he brought to the show was truly fascinating... and, of course, having art conduct the interview was exactly what the hughes subject called for.

coastfan

Here's a link to Roger Tolces' website with some info on Hughes. What he descibes in this article is about the same as what he told Art Bell on November 16, 2003 (rebroadcast November 28, 2004). Art himself admits in that show to being a big Hughes, uh, "fan", if you can call it that.

Roger Tolces once supplied a sound system for Hughes to use in his suite at the Desert Inn, watching old movies.

http://www.bugsweeps.com/info/howard_hughes.html

The Drosnin show we're talking about aired on January 16, 2005.

Knapp's interview with Gary Magnesen and Melvin Dummar aired on August 24, 2008 and was rebroadcast on March 31, 2010.

C110

Justonefix sorry but I have no date for that show....but it is worth finding.

So does anyone roughly know who made out like a bandit with Hughes fortune?

I wonder if Hughes was really as nutty as he is portrayed or written about.  I think he sensed the greedy snakes around him, especially as he got older, and is why he willed Dummar a sizeable chunk of his estate.

I'm sure Steve Jobes has plenty of 'best friends' right now also.

SheilaVG

That was a great show. I wish GN would followup on that, he did it so well. There was supposed to have been a hearing or trial shortly after that but I never heard again about it.