• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

MV/Liberace!

sometimes there's just nothing like a great glass of orange juice.

EvB

Quote from: MV on November 30, 2010, 05:32:01 AM
sometimes there's just nothing like a great glass of orange juice.

Guess what I just had to drink with my hamburger for supper?

"Jesus Christ." (the indie band) - Is This Really What You Want

another in an attempt to connect with something to interest the dedicated that visit and post in the forums.  8)

b_dubb

the meat they serve at McDonalds does not decompose.  so that Happy Meal is really a kind of preemptive embalming kit, right?

Chupacabra

Quote from: b_dubb on December 01, 2010, 06:38:59 PM
the meat they serve at McDonalds does not decompose.  so that Happy Meal is really a kind of preemptive embalming kit, right?

I have not eaten from Mcdonalds for years

nonsense...  8)

b_dubb

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 01, 2010, 08:31:21 PM

nonsense...  8)

nonsense?  that the meat doesn't decompose?  or that i won't need an embalming kit?

Quote from: MV on December 02, 2010, 12:14:43 AM

nonsense...  8)
The World's First Bionic Burger

Like I said, nonsense.
I have various meats, some of which I've had for years. It is the result of a little craft I do called meat curing and dehydration. I've done this with sun drying and with the use of controlled dehydrating equipment. Not just meats. I have several pounds of blueberrys that are a decade old.

Without enough moisture, organic material cannot sustain the various micro-organisms. No moisture... decay stops. One of the three primary factors that affect decay is water. Water is needed as a means of transport for the enzymes produced by the bacteria that in turn convert material into something the cells can absorb. Purdy basic Biology.

Chloroform as one of the ingredients? Come on. Its variants are so heterogeneous, I could take a month explaining the basics. However, considering that several of those variants are forms of nerve gas, I won't be doing any such. In it's most abundant form, it is completely natural in our planets atmosphere. As well as the other listed Organochlorines. The primary generation of these chlorines is our oceans. You would be amazed at the action of Sea Spray Aerosols production of much of our atmospheric chlorine. Purdy basic Biochemistry.

Granted, I wouldn't want to be rehydrating one of those burgers any more than I would King Tuts mummy just to have with my refreshing beverage and fries.

BTW most fast food products stored in frozen form are freeze dried. When something is freeze dried, almost 100 percent of the water is removed during primary drying. Now I'm purdy sure that Mister Tut wasn't freeze dried. Then again... I am sure Snoory has had a guest suggesting as much...  8)

If all this fails with respect to explaining why I said "nonsense" to your post.... try dumpster diving at Micky Ds.

...sleepy now....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 02, 2010, 04:18:46 AM
Quote from: MV on December 02, 2010, 12:14:43 AM

nonsense...  8)
The World's First Bionic Burger

Like I said, nonsense.
I have various meats, some of which I've had for years. It is the result of a little craft I do called meat curing and dehydration. I've done this with sun drying and with the use of controlled dehydrating equipment. Not just meats. I have several pounds of blueberrys that are a decade old.

Without enough moisture, organic material cannot sustain the various micro-organisms. No moisture... decay stops. One of the three primary factors that affect decay is water. Water is needed as a means of transport for the enzymes produced by the bacteria that in turn convert material into something the cells can absorb. Purdy basic Biology.

Chloroform as one of the ingredients? Come on. Its variants are so heterogeneous, I could take a month explaining the basics. However, considering that several of those variants are forms of nerve gas, I won't be doing any such. In it's most abundant form, it is completely natural in our planets atmosphere. As well as the other listed Organochlorines. The primary generation of these chlorines is our oceans. You would be amazed at the action of Sea Spray Aerosols production of much of our atmospheric chlorine. Purdy basic Biochemistry.

Granted, I wouldn't want to be rehydrating one of those burgers any more than I would King Tuts mummy just to have with my refreshing beverage and fries.

BTW most fast food products stored in frozen form are freeze dried. When something is freeze dried, almost 100 percent of the water is removed during primary drying. Now I'm purdy sure that Mister Tut wasn't freeze dried. Then again... I am sure Snoory has had a guest suggesting as much...  8)

If all this fails with respect to explaining why I said "nonsense" to your post.... try dumpster diving at Micky Ds.

...sleepy now....
hmm... that makes sense.  i hadn't considered the water angle.

onan

Like I said, nonsense.

...sleepy now....

I am quite impressed with your knowledge. It does exemplify why hyperbole is a poor position to frame an argument. I do have to ask however, Is no one alarmed that a sandwich is more akin to a mummy than a meal? Look, there are many reasons to both admire and condemn Mcdonalds; but to suggest that the "additives" are merely different versions of sea water may not paint a completely accurate picture... anymore than listing every carcinogen known to man does.

I can say this... Mcdonalds (imho) makes a few tasty sandwiches. Atleast I think so when I haven't had anything to eat that day. Should we as consumers be wary of additives to our foods? probably. I am getting long in the tooth and I have eaten a buttload of Mcdonalds in my life; is my health great? no but I can't place the blame on any one choice.

I guess my point is Mcdonalds isn't evil but it may well be indifferent and that position can be harmful too. The old maxim of "let the buyer be ware" works well when the production is within one's observation but when that ability is not there, wariness may need the addition of hyperbole to smack some into awareness.

Snoory couldn't get his head around any of this.

It was my intent to explain one of the ways decay can be prevented given the limited example and the way it was presented in the video. I have also viewed similar information. All ended with a product that had changed little, but was very dry.

I really wasn't attempting to suggest that the listed additives were only variants of natural origins. I suspect that any of the various chlorines listed would have come from direct application such as gaseous chlorine dioxide which can be used to extend the shelf-life of almost any food product. It would also be my guess that the preservatives would prevent decay up to the point of dehydration.

I believe hyperbole is only required when proper understanding fails. Yes, everyone should be alarmed at the complete failure of this nation to monitor its food supply and ashamed as individuals to lack the understanding of proper nutrition. I don't worry much about a product that fast food sells. It's a choice of purchase I rarely frequent, but enjoy when I do choose such a meal.

I've been all over this planet and found that my digestive system can handle much more than I would have imagined. Except maybe this:   http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-edibles/e1b4/
8)

b_dubb

i thought you were trying to say that mcdonald's meat was the product of careful smoking, salting, curing, etc.  rather than just mixing in pounds and pounds of preservatives

Quote from: b_dubb on December 02, 2010, 05:35:11 PM
i thought you were trying to say that mcdonald's meat was the product of careful smoking, salting, curing, etc.  rather than just mixing in pounds and pounds of preservatives
LMAO
that would only be correct if i owned stock...... i do not.  ;D

haloedorchid

I just rediscovered the Paranormal Pastor

http://theparanormalpastor.blogspot.com/

He has some really good, freaky stories posted if you ever get bored one night. :)

MV/Liberace!

virtual zeppelin:
Virtual Zeppelin-Over The Hills And Far Away
these guys are just insane.  one is in canada, i think two in the USA, and the other in japan.  they all record their respective parts and then put them together.  if you are a zeppelin fan, even in the least, you will TOTALLY respect this.

b_dubb

i'm convinced when Alex Jones says 'deep research' he means 'i just made this up'

punkinpie

Quote from: b_dubb on December 09, 2010, 07:57:26 AM
i'm convinced when Alex Jones says 'deep research' he means 'i just made this up'

hahahahahaha!

punkinpie

What do Miley Cyrus and her Dad have in common?

They both had one hit

Stevenqbosell

^^^

Yeah, I've never tried Salvia, has anybody here tried it?

i've read it's a short but intense 15 minute  hallucinogenic tripfest

punkinpie

No but I had an interesting encounter with spice a couple weeks ago.  I smoked waaaay too much and thought I was going to die.

Stevenqbosell

Holy moly my mom just called me and she's gonna give me my dead uncles Rolex!

Backflip city, I've been wanting this thing since I found out he wasn't wearing it when he died!

This will be a merry Xmas, indeed.

Stevenqbosell

It's diamond encrusted, I will be afriad to even wear this thing in public, it's like having a Honda hanging off your wrist. I remember my uncle very excited about getting the watch, he must've paid a pretty penny for it, I was surprised he wasn't wearing it the day he died.

I just asked her "why did you wait this long (he died in 2000, R.I.P. Uncle Andrew) to give it to me?" and she replied "I thought one of those fluzies you were messing with might rob you for it!!"

1st of all my mom still using the word "fluzies" is totally old school, 2nd, that she would even question the fact I would know where that watch was at all times made me laugh at her over the phone.

I was totally not expecting anything of that sort, atleast this year, my lovely mother totally just made my week.