• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coastgab backbenchers - The Smoking Room

Started by Marc.Knight, January 06, 2010, 09:21:21 PM

Quote from: EvB on March 04, 2011, 12:06:48 PM
I'm finishing an MEd in Learning Technology.  You?
What exactly is that?

I'm working on my PhD in astrophysics

EvB

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 04, 2011, 01:43:35 PM
What exactly is that?

I'm working on my PhD in astrophysics

It's a broad field.  I do, for the most part, information design for education, both electronic and print.

Educasue despcribes it like this:

The term learning technologies encompasses information and instructional technology, as well as telecommunications tools, applications, and systems that support learning.

IOW - I'm a glorified tech writer.

As for a  PhD in astrophysics - THOU ART GOD!     

Quote from: EvB on March 04, 2011, 02:23:37 PM
It's a broad field.  I do, for the most part, information design for education, both electronic and print.
Cool! Have you finished classes yet? I finished my coursework six months ago so I can kinda see the daylight at the end of the tunnel at this point. At least I hope it's daylight - could be a train.

Quote from: EvB on March 04, 2011, 02:23:37 PM
As for a  PhD in astrophysics - THOU ART GOD!     

lol
Not quite, but I do happen to love pain. Alot. And constantly.

EvB

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 04, 2011, 03:33:59 PM
Cool! Have you finished classes yet? I finished my coursework six months ago so I can kinda see the daylight at the end of the tunnel at this point. At least I hope it's daylight - could be a train.

Sort of - no actual classes to attend, but lots of homework like shit to do for credit in addition to the thesis project. You know the drill.  My audit starts April 8th.  I get the degree (good lord willin' and the crick don't rise) in June.

FYI: It's daylight.

anagrammy

Hey AgentO, with that PhD in astrophysics, you could smuggle yourself in as a guest on Coast!  Just tell Lisa or Lulu or whoever that you are working on your dissertation, which will be your forthcoming book, regarding the deliniation of the dimensional delamination which will result in a worldwide dimensional shift with the tectonic plate movement under India.  In layman's language.  They'll sign you right up, no questions asked.

And don't expect any other than "We all felt it, didn't we...something going on with the dimensions and the tectonic plates.  Everything's connected....I said so back in '06, didn't I, Tim?"

Anagrammy

Quote from: EvB on March 04, 2011, 03:39:48 PM
Sort of - no actual classes to attend, but lots of homework like shit to do for credit in addition to the thesis project. You know the drill.  My audit starts April 8th.  I get the degree (good lord willin' and the crick don't rise) in June.
Oh wow, good luck! Keep us filled in on how it goes. ;)
Permanent assignments and homework are what my nightmares are made of.

Quote from: EvB on March 04, 2011, 03:39:48 PM
FYI: It's daylight.
What?! WHAT AM I DOING STILL AWAKE?!

Quote from: anagrammy on March 04, 2011, 04:19:43 PM
Hey AgentO, with that PhD in astrophysics, you could smuggle yourself in as a guest on Coast!  Just tell Lisa or Lulu or whoever that you are working on your dissertation, which will be your forthcoming book, regarding the deliniation of the dimensional delamination which will result in a worldwide dimensional shift with the tectonic plate movement under India.  In layman's language.  They'll sign you right up, no questions asked.
I'm figuring it pretty much gives me carte blanche to head out there and spew all the crazy bullshit that I can.

Quote from: anagrammy on March 04, 2011, 04:19:43 PM
And don't expect any other than "We all felt it, didn't we...something going on with the dimensions and the tectonic plates.  Everything's connected....I said so back in '06, didn't I, Tim?"
lol
This is perfect :P

aldousburbank

My man, Bill Hicks, the authority on smoking and the meaning of life- now that he's dead.  Yes it was the big C, but pancreatic, not lung.

Silent

Haha Bill Hicks was great.  I love his bit about wiping out entire civilizations with a gym sock.

Marc.Knight

Officially retired... from the forum that is.  I need more time for beaches, sunrises and cigars. 

HAL 9000

Quote from: M. Knight on June 10, 2012, 06:02:44 PMOfficially retired... from the forum that is.  I need more time for beaches, sunrises and cigars.

This is unacceptable. You cannot retire with full benefits until 67½, therefore you must stick around here, at least on a part-time basis.

Sunrises, beaches, cigars - they're way overrated, but CG! A rating just doesn't seem to fit quite right.

Come visit on occasion M. Knight.

McPhallus

First Eddie Coyle disappears (after turning his avatar into what appears to be a Celtic gravestone?), and now M. Knight retires to that great beach in the sky.  Ah well.