• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Day of Infamy

Started by Cobra2006, August 15, 2009, 09:03:29 AM

Cobra2006

Last night (Aug 14) George interviewed a guy named Frank Sumption, a fellow barely able to put a sentence together (like many of Noory's callers) but who has invented a "box" that allegedly allows communication with "the other side."  It goes without saying that George used the word, "portal."

Apparently, various users of the box have been getting messages about
a big event, on the East coast,  involving water, on August 15.  That would be today, except--and here's the rub--the box doesn't say what year!  So, as George duly noted, it could be 2010, 2011, or the dreaded 2012.  George's brain can't forecast beyond that, so he stopped there. 

George ended the discussion of this particular date by saying, "August 15, a day of infamy."  I wonder where he got that phrase?  He wasn't plagiarizing Roosevelt's characterization of December 7, 1941 was he?
Nahhhhhhhhhhhh.  He wasn't having trouble with concept that to be infamous something bad would have had to have happened already, would he?   Nahhhhhhhh.

danDNA

right, i havnt been on here for ages, and i apologise for barging in like some kind of advert. ive been busy so i dont get much time on my laptop any more, unless its to check how many followers ive got on this new game called twitter. ive got a new musical project called many minds, and we have just released a track called 'Thermonuclear War', here is the video Many Minds - Thermo Nuclear War (Pre-Apocalypse)

i thought some of you might appreciate the theme/video/sentiment of the track anyway :)

im still listening to, or monitoring Noory by the way, and ive had to listen to a load of other clumsy broadcasters in the past few weeks called Rob, John and Witney? who all sound like wacked-out hippies happy to be allowed in front of a microphone. a friend who i recently linked to some past C2C shows (last year's) said 'what's that bit at the end where he has crazy people on and just lets them ramble on?' 'oh, open lines you mean' i said back to him. it only then occurred to me that this was what George had made the show become, because like the frog in the pot of water, i hadnt noticed how much GN had turned the suck up.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: danDNA on February 22, 2011, 01:25:35 PM
Many Minds - Thermo Nuclear War (Pre-Apocalypse)
great work.  you definitely know wtf you're doing.

i'd advise people to listen to it with the resolution at 480p.  far more dynamic range than youtube's default 360p.

and were those toy models you were flaming in the video, or did you actually torch a city full of gargoyles and green men?

danDNA

haha, thanks MV, really appreciate your feedback :D  it was the most fun i've had with a blow torch and some fireworks EVER!! ive got to make another one for 3 weeks time, bit stuck for ideas....

Quote from: danDNA on February 22, 2011, 01:25:35 PMwe have just released a track called 'Thermonuclear War', here is the video Many Minds - Thermo Nuclear War (Pre-Apocalypse)

Heya

Great tune! I like the video as well, looks like you would have had a lot of fun making it.

Are those samples (and some clips) from the 1965 television documentary "The War Game"?

pabigfoot

Speaking of such days, maybe Ed Dames could claim he predicted 9/11 in some way; he predicted some event(with Art) in circa 1997 where everybody would be looking upward at some terrible calamity.

onan

Quote from: pabigfoot on August 22, 2011, 05:54:56 AM
  Speaking of such days, maybe Ed Dames could claim he predicted 9/11 in some way; he predicted some event(with Art) in circa 1997 where everybody would be looking upward at some terrible calamity.

I predicted 9/11 years before it happened. I remember specifically thinking in the third grade something bad was going to happen.

M Knight

Quote from: onan on August 22, 2011, 05:56:36 AM
I predicted 9/11 years before it happened. I remember specifically thinking in the third grade something bad was going to happen.

You should have told someone.

Quote from: M Knight on August 22, 2011, 07:22:38 AM

You should have told someone.
Then he'd be accused of being in cahoots with the terrorists...

Frys Girl

Quote from: onan on August 22, 2011, 05:56:36 AM
You and Sean David Morton.

danDNA

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 01, 2011, 11:36:35 AM
Heya

Great tune! I like the video as well, looks like you would have had a lot of fun making it.

Are those samples (and some clips) from the 1965 television documentary "The War Game"?

YES!! they are samples from that documentary... hey wait.. you didnt make said doc did you? if so, is this about me owing you money??

sorry this reply is almost a year late. its because im in england, the internet takes time to get here from americaland.

Quote from: danDNA on June 11, 2012, 01:45:32 PM

YES!! they are samples from that documentary... hey wait.. you didnt make said doc did you? if so, is this about me owing you money??

sorry this reply is almost a year late. its because im in england, the internet takes time to get here from americaland.

The internet has to go through a lot of pipes to make it across the Atlantic.

I just recently watched that doc and noticed a bunch of samples that I recognized from music. That video, along with "Threads" were both really powerful and at times very difficult to watch. Both are excellent pieces of film.