• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

Juan Cena

Quote from: lucifer~bell on July 31, 2017, 12:38:12 AM
I wish you could call and ask him about it, would be interesting to hear his answer

Probably should have tried, but trying to get through on C2C can be a pain if the guest is popular enough, so I didnt try with less than  30 minutes for calls. Especially since I was getting sleepy round that time.

albrecht

Richard had an actual "cat lady" call in. His mild mannered Canadian responded "oh dear" when she described the judge saying the cats should be killed and dog catcher "crunching the spine the cats." "They" kicked her out of her house because of her cats. But she couldn't tell Richard how many cats she has because she can't really see but just "puts out water and food." Apparently the city, it wasn't clear, "smelled cats at her house when cleaning up a skunk that got smashed in the road." She was told she can't have cats and they took her cats and killed them.

The next caller "feels for Mary" but "if you don't know how many cats you have, you probably have too many."

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 19, 2017, 04:59:33 PM
Richard had an actual "cat lady" call in. His mild mannered Canadian responded "oh dear" when she described the judge saying the cats should be killed and dog catcher "crunching the spine the cats." "They" kicked her out of her house because of her cats. But she couldn't tell Richard how many cats she has because she can't really see but just "puts out water and food." Apparently the city, it wasn't clear, "smelled cats at her house when cleaning up a skunk that got smashed in the road." She was told she can't have cats and they took her cats and killed them.

The next caller "feels for Mary" but "if you don't know how many cats you have, you probably have too many."

The cat lady's credibility got a boost when Alabama Annie called in to vouch for just how evil cities can be.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 19, 2017, 07:03:27 PM
The cat lady's credibility got a boost when Alabama Annie called in to vouch for just how evil cities can be.
Indeed. That was funny, Annie from Alabama backing up poor Mary's story, though she did admonish her a bit and said that people shouldn't have too many cats. I get a kick out of Richard's reactions to caller's tales of woe and conspiracy theories and/or violence. "oh dear." "oh my" If he only judges the USA by C2C callers he must think it is a country full of crazies, cranks, disabled and exploited people, and preachers- all of which have been screwed over by someone ('the city,' 'the judge,' 'the joose,' 'the anti-Christ,' 'NWO,' 'bad medicine,'  etc etc.)

albrecht

2nd Guest was self-defense expert. Pretty much the normal advice, situational awareness, cover, disrupting the attacker by any means necessary, using whatever objects are at hand, etc.
One caller has suggested that he is going to start practicing throwing some rocks "he had on his mantle" which could be used to kill or injure terrorists. Comment by both Richard and the expert "but who wants to walk around with rocks in their pocket?"

1st Guest was the engine/energy guy from Spokane to talk about synchronicity. The only part I chuckled at was Richard pondering if there was something in the water, a portal, or some energy as to why so many guests/callers/"experts" are in the Spokane area. (In other words why so many cranks, crazies, experiencers, and such in Spokane?)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 20, 2017, 01:38:52 PM
2nd Guest was self-defense expert. Pretty much the normal advice, situational awareness, cover, disrupting the attacker by any means necessary, using whatever objects are at hand, etc.
One caller has suggested that he is going to start practicing throwing some rocks "he had on his mantle" which could be used to kill or injure terrorists. Comment by both Richard and the expert "but who wants to walk around with rocks in their pocket?"

The guy claimed to be former Brit SAS, and has co-authored a book on how to survive a terrorist or deranged mass murderer attack.  What I found disappointing about this guest was his lack of knowledge of the mass killings at Virginia Tech, one of the primary events he used to illustrate his points.  He claimed no one resisted at VT, and used the fact the killer had time to reload multiple times to validate the statement.  In point of fact, a USAF ROTC cadet (in uniform) charged the shooter, and got shot multiple times.  Just before killing himself, the shooter put several more rounds into the dead cadet.  I have also heard there was a former USN Seal locked down in the building where most of killings occurred who begged to be let out to go after the shooter, but he was refused.  I have not been able to confirm this story, however.

I forget the ROTC cadet's name, but it took several years before his actions were formally recognized by USAF.  The way it was explained to me was, since he was only a sophomore at the time of his death, he was not officially in the Air Force yet.  (This apparently occurs at the start of a cadet's third year.)  He was finally awarded the Airman's Medal despite his status thanks to efforts of one of the detachment's officers. The medal is the highest award for heroism an US airman can receive when not directly involved in armed combat in time of war.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 20, 2017, 04:04:51 PM
The guy claimed to be former Brit SAS, and has co-authored a book on how to survive a terrorist or deranged mass murderer attack.  What I found disappointing about this guest was his lack of knowledge of the mass killings at Virginia Tech, one of the primary events he used to illustrate his points.  He claimed no one resisted at VT, and used the fact the killer had time to reload multiple times to validate the statement.  In point of fact, a USAF ROTC cadet (in uniform) charged the shooter, and got shot multiple times.  Just before killing himself, the shooter put several more rounds into the dead cadet.  I have also heard there was a former USN Seal locked down in the building where most of killings occurred who begged to be let out to go after the shooter, but he was refused.  I have not been able to confirm this story, however.

I forget the ROTC cadet's name, but it took several years before his actions were formally recognized by USAF.  The way it was explained to me was, since he was only a sophomore at the time of his death, he was not officially in the Air Force yet.  (This apparently occurs at the start of a cadet's third year.)  He was finally awarded the Airman's Medal despite his status thanks to efforts of one of the detachment's officers. The medal is the highest award for heroism an US airman can receive when not directly involved in armed combat in time of war.
Good point. I recall that but also now that you mention it. His website seems slick and legit but anybody can have a website made.
http://www.roninconceptsusa.com/
But I find this data also:
https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/company/find?q=Ronin+Concepts+Elite+Ltd&s=s (one in liquidation)
https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/ronin-concepts-security-elite (says account over due, winding-down due to liabilities)
But I'm not buying the full reports and there can be various legitimate conditions and reasons for a business to shut down, change names, and what-not but also there can be suspicious reasons and why now operating in the USA but 'winded-down' some of his UK entities?

Faustina

I like how Richard Syrett does his show live on YouTube:  makes it seems more akin to "live radio."  Jimmy Church has started doing that once in a while with his show lately. 

https://conspiracyshow.strangeplanet.ca/

Nebraska888

Hi all....tonight should be a rather good program.

Morgus

The guest talking about the Mandela Effect last night just had a poor memory or heard names wrong or something.
He thought it was always Jiffy peanut butter, instead of the current JIF.  He probably mixed that up with Jiffy Popcorn?
He also thought the Flintstones used to be called Flinnstones, that was never the case, he just heard it wrong.
Same thing with thinking Oscar Mayer was once spelled Meyer, just a case of hearing it wrong.

Parris001

Richard is a great host. I'd love to see him take the reigns at Coast.

ShayP

Quote from: Parris001 on September 28, 2017, 05:36:20 AM

He really grew on me over time.  I enjoy when he hosts C2C.  8)

I checked out some of the stuff on his channel and it's pretty good; albeit repetitive, but what host of this genre isn't anymore?  :-\

Juan

Last night’s Kennedy assassination guest said “you know” as much as Obama said “I.”

ItsOver

Quote from: Parris001 on September 28, 2017, 05:36:20 AM
I don't think Syrett has the greatest voice but, yes, he and Dave Schrader are much better than the other C2C fill-ins.  At least they know how to professionally host the show.  Knapp is still the best of all but, with his Vegas daytime job, he doesn't seem to be a possible full-time replacement.  If Jorch ever leaves, I still see Church as the most likely replacement, unfortunately.  He's the most Jorch-like and, hence, most PremRat pleasing.  It's more likely C2C is off the air versus it ever having a good host.

Dateline

Richard Syrett is my choice for heir apparent to the Coast royal throne.

A plus for all of those powers that be at Premrat is that he is from Canada, and very popular there.  You would not only have the American audience, but regain or fortify the Canadian listeners.  That is money in the cash flow, and that is much needed.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on November 19, 2017, 11:30:05 AM

A plus for all of those powers that be at Premrat is that he is from Canada, and very popular there.  You would not only have the American audience, but regain or fortify the Canadian listeners.  That is money in the cash flow, and that is much needed.
Syrett doesn't suck enough to be PremRat's choice.  Yimmy has nice greasy hair and sounds like he should be hawking fake Rolex watches on a street corner, while he's covered in bling.  If Yimmy ever starts singing at woo woo conventions, it's game over.  He'll be a lock.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 19, 2017, 11:46:16 AM
Syrett doesn't suck enough to be PremRat's choice.  Yimmy has nice greasy hair and sounds like he should be hawking fake Rolex watches on a street corner, while he's covered in bling.  If Yimmy ever starts singing at woo woo conventions, it's game over.  He'll be a lock.

At least Yimmy would probably not assault listeners with alternative health infomercials once a week like the current host.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2017, 11:59:30 AM
At least Yimmy would probably not assault listeners with alternative health infomercials once a week like the current host.
Are yeeewww sure about that, 21st?  ;)

https://jimmychurchradio.com/massive-deep-underwater-base-discovered-off-malibu/

"Could the massive, deep, underwater base, discovered off Malibu actually be a vast warehouse for Doc Wallet's supplements?  Do aliens rely upon Tangy Tangerine for their primary sustenance?"

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on November 19, 2017, 11:16:33 AM
I don't think Syrett has the greatest voice but, yes, he and Dave Schrader are much better than the other C2C fill-ins.  At least they know how to professionally host the show.  Knapp is still the best of all but, with his Vegas daytime job, he doesn't seem to be a possible full-time replacement.  If Jorch ever leaves, I still see Church as the most likely replacement, unfortunately.  He's the most Jorch-like and, hence, most PremRat pleasing.  It's more likely C2C is off the air versus it ever having a good host.

Yes......I agree completely.

Dr. MD MD

Since I know Knapp doesn't want it, Syrett would be my choice. I think his voice is OK. It's not deeply resonant like Art's but it doesn't bother me in any way and seems pretty well suited to the subject matter. More importantly he seems like a decent interviewer and we've been in the dessert a long time without one.  ;)

Dateline

Listening to Richard Syrett, and I don't know if it is me, but his voice just seems much more mysterious.  I'm in.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dateline on December 11, 2017, 12:18:25 AM
Listening to Richard Syrett, and I don't know if it is me, but his voice just seems much more mysterious.  I'm in.

Topic and guest?

cweb

He's started a new podcast called Conspiracy Unlimited. Single interview shorties. Some interesting, some a little too politic-woo.
http://conspiracy-unlimited.blubrry.net

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on December 11, 2017, 02:47:45 PM
My review of Syrett/Carson from last Saturday:

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2017/12/billy-carson-displays-his-ignorance-for.html

One day I just know you're going to give someone a positive review. There's hope for you yet. ;)

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2017/12/billy-carson-displays-his-ignorance-for.html

The quote below made my month!   I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears    :D

QuoteLook closely and you can see what looks like a stray beard hair in there.

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 11, 2017, 02:51:54 PM
One day I just know you're going to give someone a positive review. There's hope for you yet. ;)

You missed this, MD:
https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2017/11/scott-kelly-nails-it.html

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dateline on November 19, 2017, 11:30:05 AM

Toronto is not Canada .... just ask any Torontonian.

cweb

QuoteAn honest researcher would never increase the brightness to that extent, since it guarantees that any imperfection on the scanner glass or the photo-print itself will show up in the perfect black of the lunar sky.
Absolutely. This is one of my biggest points of contention with Hoagland's "enhancements" "doctorings" of images. He has a total disregard for the signal/noise ratio (dynamic range) of images. He just cranks the black/mid tones and claims that any variation which erupts is a hidden artifact of some sort.

I'm not an imaging expert (beyond doing 5+ years of edit room color correction work for pro video) but I would chalk up the variation in black above the surface to simply be light reflected by the surface of the Moon.