• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

aldousburbank

I hate hate. And I shall destroy it even if I have to take everyone and everything out with me in my mutually assured destruction bomb of Love. Who's with me?

SR-71

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 28, 2013, 04:08:31 PM
I hate hate. And I shall destroy it even if I have to take everyone and everything out with me in my mutually assured destruction bomb of Love. Who's with me?
Ian is awesome

NowhereInTime

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 28, 2013, 03:39:18 PM
Does anyone here, other than myself, like Ian or any other host, for that matter? It seems every host's thread (other than Art) is filled with a bunch of hate posts. Jeez, guys. You can love Art and still *not* hate (and even like!) other hosts such as Ian Punnett. I know I do.
Ian is my favorite Coaster after Mr. Bell.  As I said, I really wish he was doing tonight's show.

I liked the Ian of up until about 3 or 4 years ago.  I liked his off beat topics, smart, informed, well read, prepared, interviews well.

Ian 2.0 not so much.  I don't know what happened to him. 

He turned into a know it all, disagreeable, smarmy.  Arguing with guests and callers.  Using his debate skills and mute button.  His juvenile sense of humor - filled with puns and home make jokes - is abysmal.  I want to choke the new Ian when I hear him.

Wilderness

I thought Ian was good - better so when he had good guests.  There were a few years when he seemed to have picked the short straw with guests - a lot of dross.  Then the quality got better.

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 28, 2013, 07:09:58 PM
I liked the Ian of up until about 3 or 4 years ago.  I liked his off beat topics, smart, informed, well read, prepared, interviews well.

Ian 2.0 not so much.  I don't know what happened to him. 

He turned into a know it all, disagreeable, smarmy.  Arguing with guests and callers.  Using his debate skills and mute button.  His juvenile sense of humor - filled with puns and home make jokes - is abysmal.  I want to choke the new Ian when I hear him.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Ian.

alleyrulez

always dug Ian. thought his religious background was a nice "filter" for some of the topics he covered.

I believe he also loved the METAL.

I remember he was once complaining about being referred to as "God-Boy" or "Church-Boy".

or some such shit.

After he turned the show over to George, Art came and went a few times, which displaced Ian from his time slot.  When doing so Art always made sure Ian was taken care of.

Which made me wonder why Ian never mentioned Art's new show on his Twitter feed.  It's not like he hasn't had time to make a bunch of dumb pointless tweets.  And I doubt he doesn't know about the new show.

I think this may be why.  He's going to do at least one future C2C show and he doesn't want to cross George Noory.  So rather than show a little class and congratulate Art - even George did that - Ian decided to be a wuss.

Not a surprise really, Ian has always been all about Ian.  And always been a wuss.

From Ian's Twitter feed:

Ian Punnett ‏@deaconpunnett  19 Oct 
@Richard652001 Been studying hard to learn my PhDs. Once I master that, I'll tackle the rest of the alphabet. A C2C coming later. Pending.

And isn't he just so funny with his pun about tackling the rest of the alphabet after 'the PhD's'?  What a twat.

Snores said like night that he would try to get Ian back to host the new years show.
Not a sure bet..

UrbanFool

Has his tinnitus improved at all? I just love Ian. If his attitude changed, I didn't notice.

Nebraska888

IAN.........PLEASE COME BACK TO SATURDAY NIGHTS!!!!!  OR SUNDAY NIGHTS!!!!!! 

WE MISS YOU. 

DREAM TEAM?   KNAPP AND PUNNETT        ;)

DanTSX

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 23, 2013, 10:03:35 PM
After he turned the show over to George, Art came and went a few times, which displaced Ian from his time slot.  When doing so Art always made sure Ian was taken care of.

Which made me wonder why Ian never mentioned Art's new show on his Twitter feed.  It's not like he hasn't had time to make a bunch of dumb pointless tweets.  And I doubt he doesn't know about the new show.

I think this may be why.  He's going to do at least one future C2C show and he doesn't want to cross George Noory.  So rather than show a little class and congratulate Art - even George did that - Ian decided to be a wuss.

Not a surprise really, Ian has always been all about Ian.  And always been a wuss.

From Ian's Twitter feed:

Ian Punnett ‏@deaconpunnett  19 Oct 
@Richard652001 Been studying hard to learn my PhDs. Once I master that, I'll tackle the rest of the alphabet. A C2C coming later. Pending.

And isn't he just so funny with his pun about tackling the rest of the alphabet after 'the PhD's'?  What a twat.

I agree.  Ian is a twat.

Mastodonkey

I liked Ian a lot. He was always top notch if he had a decent guest to converse with.

BobGrau

Quote from: DanTSX on November 10, 2013, 01:51:04 PM
I agree.  Ian is a twat.

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 10, 2013, 02:31:24 PM
I liked Ian a lot. He was always top notch if he had a decent guest to converse with.

These.

DanTSX

Oh joy! More hour long DB Cooper updates ::)

BobGrau

Quote from: DanTSX on November 10, 2013, 09:01:13 PM

In a world where Fort Rock Was Right, I wouldn't be giving up on the cooper thing just yet.

onan

who doesn't want more of that?

Falkie2013

Quote from: BobGrau on November 10, 2013, 06:45:51 PM
These.

DB Cooper and rock shows.

NOT what a C2C show should be IMHO.

Falkie2013

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on September 28, 2013, 04:04:17 PM
Does anyone here hate George Knapp? I really doubt it.

I didn't care for Ian, but I found him listenable on occasion, and certainly preferable to Noory.

I love Knapp. He's the only reason to even consider listening to Coast.

Morgus

and don't forget Jason the Horse!

Nebraska888

Quote from: Morgus on November 11, 2013, 03:42:40 AM
and don't forget Jason the Horse!

Too funny!  Geez......that really was a pathetic program(s). ;D

I miss Ian. Was sad to find out he couldn't even keep up with the odd Sunday show. Still the only C2C host who twice compelled me with a guest interview to buy their books.

CornyCrow

When Ian was good he was very good.  There were times, though, when I thought a guest hit a weak spot of Ian's and he would then just irrationally jump all over the guest.  Was it competing religions - Wicca, maybe?  I don't think Ian had such a tolerance for the fantastic.  Art, at least, would play along with the guest if he were entertaining.

I listened a long time ago. 

Wikipedia said Ian quit because he is studying for his doctorate.  I'm glad that it's not about health issues.   

Nebraska888

I like Ian.....smart, prepared, and a skilled interviewer........yep, some missteps (like Jason the horse dude).....but, he is undoubtedly a lifetime student of life and its mysteries.

DanTSX

Ian is a pissy little Weiner

WildCard

My IRL/AFK friends hate Ian. Fuck them! Ian's awesome!

Nebraska888

Yep, I like Ian.......sure, he can be a smart ass.........and, at times arrogant.   HOWEVER, the man knows his stuff and does his homework.  His questions are interesting, in-depth, and intelligent.

I miss Ian. 

georgesucks

Is there any word about Ian Punnett?

Morgus

Quote from: c337pilot on November 29, 2013, 09:47:44 PM
Is there any word about Ian Punnett?
Yeah he moved out to the southwest to attend a university a few months ago.

John Smith

Listen to JBW recently? Man IP is sorely missed, they have dumbed-down C2C quite a bit since he left. :(