Author Jeopardy!  (Read 112 times)

Jeopardy!
« on: January 08, 2020, 04:54:12 PM »
As some might know I'm a big fan. Anyone watching the Greatest Of All Time show? So far, so good. Folks doing a lot of real daily doubles and not many missed questions. I don't like all the Disney/ABC categories and celebrities reading the answers. But, I guess, expected. Aside from that good stuff and I figure since primetime and hyped they will continue to do my hated categories like pop music, celebrities, modern tv crap. But, oh well......
I want Jeopardy! to bring back the news reporter and entertainer celebrity shows because it shows how clueless they are. Even about events they supposedly are reporting on!

Jeopardy!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 05:20:15 PM »
No IBM Watson?   WTH!

Jeopardy!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 05:29:28 PM »
No IBM Watson?   WTH!
Ha! That would be fun.

That is likely to be the next show: Watson, Deep Blue, the Google one, the Chink one, etc as contestants. Or Siri versus Alexa? Ha. Interestingly I heard some nerd talking about Watson and our brains and the weird thing they are trying to tackle is subtleness and discounting ridiculous answers. When wrong the "AI" can be very wrong that seems ridiculous to a human. And with games that aren't clearly defined "rules" which is why Go mastery was a big deal.

From experience Alexa is very bad with classical music and country music/bluegrass. At least when I ask it to play certain things. (I don't have, obviously, but when at friends or family's houses who have invited the snooping systems into their homes.) 

My suspicion is, actually, it could  be possible that the 'AI" computers might get DUMBER as society does since information is being corralled, fake news, censors, and people are less educated, and auto-fill and "popular" searches are shown first, and commercialization is the primary motivation. One notes how internet searches seem to be less effective than they were years ago.