• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

When did this henhouse become active again?

Started by DanTSX, July 23, 2019, 01:08:37 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 29, 2019, 05:47:46 PM
You’re the one that’s obsessed with me, a man. I’d say that’s pretty gay, dude. Your drill sgt. avatar is just a facade. Just accept the fact that you’re a creampuff and deal with it. :D
Heheheh.  Thinking of my creamy filling, huh?

paladin1991

Quote from: WOTR on July 29, 2019, 06:39:13 PM
I thought out of all the posters here, you might enjoy this the most... The worst part is that it sounds like although the kid was upset to cut his hair to join the cadets. But then he accepted it, got it cut, and moved on. But the parents are setting a fine example of how to bitch and moan the loudest... I started by thinking it was the kid that was acting like a little bitch- but then I re-read the article and realized that it is probably just his mother...

“He didn’t want to cut his hair. His hair has been a part of who he is for quite some time,” (his mother) said.

“He couldn’t even look in the mirror once it was done. Every time [the hair stylist] turned the chair around to the mirror, he would close his eyes,” (his mother) said. “He just said ‘Thank you’ and left. He was pretty upset.”

Now the family is hoping to see the rules changed for all cadets...

“I’m hoping for more gender equality because that is really what this is about,” (his mother) said.

It sounds like he is probably lucky to have joined the cadets who might be able to counter some of (his mothers) stupidity and teach him that sometimes not everything will go your way.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5686543/bc-family-cadets-grooming-policy-boys/
Let's face it.  Just because you have the sack doesn't make you a man.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on July 29, 2019, 06:39:13 PM
I thought out of all the posters here, you might enjoy this the most... The worst part is that it sounds like although the kid was upset to cut his hair to join the cadets. But then he accepted it, got it cut, and moved on. But the parents are setting a fine example of how to bitch and moan the loudest... I started by thinking it was the kid that was acting like a little bitch- but then I re-read the article and realized that it is probably just his mother...

“He didn’t want to cut his hair. His hair has been a part of who he is for quite some time,” (his mother) said.

“He couldn’t even look in the mirror once it was done. Every time [the hair stylist] turned the chair around to the mirror, he would close his eyes,” (his mother) said. “He just said ‘Thank you’ and left. He was pretty upset.”

Now the family is hoping to see the rules changed for all cadets...

“I’m hoping for more gender equality because that is really what this is about,” (his mother) said.

It sounds like he is probably lucky to have joined the cadets who might be able to counter some of (his mothers) stupidity and teach him that sometimes not everything will go your way.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5686543/bc-family-cadets-grooming-policy-boys/

You will not be surprised to learn that I disagree.  I was hoping the Canucks could provide some enlightened rationale for this blunt-force effort at maintaining one of the oldest and most exploited gender norms out there (boys have short hair, girls have long hair), but I read:

Quote“[The policy] is designed to give us a standard of excellence that everyone can be proud of and be measured against. That allows cadets to have a feeling of belonging because they are considered over the same standard,” Henderson said.

Which is pure and utter horseshit.  What does it even mean?  And anyone who can sit back and nod sagely at it is likewise full of it.  All it would take to change the policy is for a similar picture of a long-haired Native kid forced under the clippers to get out.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 29, 2019, 11:54:38 PM
Heheheh.  Thinking of my creamy filling, huh?

No, no I’m not. You, however, can’t seem to stop. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 29, 2019, 11:57:22 PM
  Let's face it.  Just because you have the sack doesn't make you a man.

Agreed! You have one and you’re gay as fuck!! ;D

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 29, 2019, 05:32:56 PM
Hmmm.  Spokompton.
Being thought of, in a derisive manner, by caller as " 'they' trying to turn it into some kinda an Ivy League town?" That blew my mind. (Though there has been progress in development, economy, etc.)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 29, 2019, 05:40:15 PM
Hey Dood.  We don't discriminate against queers here either.  The Dickdr is allowed to roam through the various threads like a goat on my back acreage.

There are no gays on this website.

-Lee

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 31, 2019, 01:59:27 AM
My mistake.  More pink champagne?

Love your slacks! They have a nice sheen.

-Lee

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 30, 2019, 09:35:20 AM
You will not be surprised to learn that I disagree.  I was hoping the Canucks could provide some enlightened rationale for this blunt-force effort at maintaining one of the oldest and most exploited gender norms out there (boys have short hair, girls have long hair), but I read:

Which is pure and utter horseshit.  What does it even mean?  And anyone who can sit back and nod sagely at it is likewise full of it.  All it would take to change the policy is for a similar picture of a long-haired Native kid forced under the clippers to get out.

Strangely, I am going to have to disagree with you. It is a good chance to learn that sometimes you have to give something up- that not everything in life is going to go your way.

You want to join the cadets, get a haircut. In particular the cadets. When you join certain groups, you are stuck conforming and demanding that they change because you like your long hair.

I know it's not popular to say, but various employers (or groups) do have certain standards they enforce. I know that you will never see an undertaker with a visible tattoo. Many have them- but if it cannot be covered, you are looking for another job. They tell you how to dress, how to act and some how to cut your hair... And that is just an employer.

Don't get me wrong. It is not a huge deal if a kid wants to braid his hair. Civilization will not end. But there is no rational reason to change an entire branch of the military because one kid had his mommy complain to a newspaper.

DanTSX

Quote from: Liberace! on July 30, 2019, 06:15:27 PM
There are no gays on this website.

-Lee

My grandmother liked Liberace.  Saw him live a few times.

She always called him “funny”.  That was how people of that generation called accepted “funny” people.

In retrospect, Liberace is indeed pretty damn funny.  He was a national treasure, and his level of camp should be celebrated.

DanTSX

Quote from: Liberace! on August 01, 2019, 12:26:12 AM
Love your slacks! They have a nice sheen.

-Lee

I only buy incotex brand now for work.  They do have a nice sheen.

But I have to order them a size up.  Otherwise they are like the little church in the valley........NO BALLROOM. :-*