• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Resumption of the Korean War

Started by Juan, July 31, 2017, 12:54:44 PM

Juan

Might as well get a thread started on this, as Tyler Durden says the South is ready to launch a surgical strike as early as August 1.

According to a report in South Korea's Munhwa Ilbo newspaper, which cites an unidentified government official, South Korea's military is preparing a "surgical strike" scenario that could wipe out North Korean command and missile and nuclear facilities following an order by S.Korea's President Moon Jae-in. Munhwa adds that the military is to report the scenario to presidential office after completing it as early as August 1.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-31/south-korea-preparing-surgical-strike-against-north-report

The Neocons and Neolibs badly need a war to get back into power.

Quote from: Juan on July 31, 2017, 12:54:44 PM
Might as well get a thread started on this, as Tyler Durden says the South is ready to launch a surgical strike as early as August 1.

According to a report in South Korea's Munhwa Ilbo newspaper, which cites an unidentified government official, South Korea's military is preparing a "surgical strike" scenario that could wipe out North Korean command and missile and nuclear facilities following an order by S.Korea's President Moon Jae-in. Munhwa adds that the military is to report the scenario to presidential office after completing it as early as August 1.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-31/south-korea-preparing-surgical-strike-against-north-report

Some elite team should go into North Korea and take out the high command.  Truman should have let MacArthur finish the job.  It might get messier this time around.

chefist

Imagine if we ended up doing what Gen. MacArthur got fired for wanting to do in the first place.

Uncle Duke

Surely such an attack by the SKs would be an absolute last resort.  Hundreds of thousands of people in Seoul alone would die in retaliatory NK artillery strikes, and there is a probability of missiles attacks on Japan at the same time.  I can't believe a preemptive strike like this would even be considered unless it was to stop the eminent launch of NBC weapons by the NKs. Any other attack would border on madness.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 31, 2017, 01:35:07 PM
Surely such an attack by the SKs would be an absolute last resort.  Hundreds of thousands of people in Seoul alone would die in retaliatory NK artillery strikes, and there is a probability of missiles attacks on Japan at the same time.  I can't believe a preemptive strike like this would even be considered unless it was to stop the eminent launch of NBC weapons by the NKs. Any other attack would border on madness.

One would think so.  What do you do though?  Kim is getting more dangerous with each missile he fires. 

The Chinese ideally should take charge of the situation and remove Kim from power.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 01:38:51 PM
One would think so.  What do you do though?  Kim is getting more dangerous with each missile he fires. 

The Chinese ideally should take charge of the situation and remove Kim from power.

I'm so glad you're no where near (nor ever will be) the football.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 31, 2017, 01:47:47 PM
I'm so glad you're no where near (nor ever will be) the football.  ;)

What is your solution?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 01:49:08 PM
What is your solution?

I don't know but for starters I'd say anything but nuclear war.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 31, 2017, 01:54:29 PM
I don't know but for starters I'd say anything bu nuclear war.  ;)

Do you let North Korea strike South Korea or Japan?  N. Korea is acting belligerently.  N. Korea may still seem like a distant threat to us on the East Coast of the US but they are a real threat to those other countries and now parts of the US.  I'd prefer the Chinese take care of it or let a multinational elite team go in and take out Kim and friends.  All I'm saying is Truman should have let MacArthur finish the job back when nukes did not proliferate around the globe.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 02:02:07 PM
Do you let North Korea strike South Korea or Japan?  N. Korea is acting belligerently.  N. Korea may still seem like a distant threat to us on the East Coast of the US but they are a real threat to those other countries and now parts of the US.  I'd prefer the Chinese take care of it or let a multinational elite team go in and take out Kim and friends.  All I'm saying is Truman should have let MacArthur finish the job back when nukes did not proliferate around the globe.

Well, if we hit them with nukes because we thought they might do it then we've entered that Minority Report phase where we are punishing precrimes. Where will it end? You could justify the greatest atrocities with that kind of logic, or lack of it. I really tend to think that NK isn't the place we think it is. The mainstream media is always playing him up as a madman and, if you hadn't noticed, they tend to do that whenever the military industrial complex who pays their bills wants the government to spend some money going to war with wherever they think they can get away with it. The Kim Jong whatevers of the world are most likely controlled opposition in service of this.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 02:02:07 PM

Brings up a good point. Do you allow an enemy to strike first, killing your own countrymen, so you can save political face? Or will a preemptive strike cause your own countrymen to die unnecessarily? We entered WWI not from the sinking of the Lusitania, but from the Mexico letter. One could argue our entry into WWI was preemptive.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 31, 2017, 02:13:51 PM
Well, if we hit them with nukes because we thought they might do it then we've entered that Minority Report phase where we are punishing precrimes. Where will it end? You could justify the greatest atrocities with that kind of logic, or lack of it. I really tend to think that NK isn't the place we think it is. The mainstream media is always playing him up as a madman and, if you hadn't noticed, they tend to do that whenever the military industrial complex who pays their bills wants the government to spend some money going to war with wherever they think they can get away with it. The Kim Jong whatevers of the world are most likely controlled opposition in service of this.

I'm not saying hit them with nukes.  I don't think that the South Koreans are even considering that. There are many other options before such a dreadful course of action takes place.  The important thing now is to build a consensus against North Korea.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chefist on July 31, 2017, 02:15:29 PM
Brings up a good point. Do you allow an enemy to strike first, killing your own countrymen, so you can save political face? Or will a preemptive strike cause your own countrymen to die unnecessarily? We entered WWI not from the sinking of the Lusitania, but from the Mexico letter. One could argue our entry into WWI was preemptive.

Contrary to popular belief that radiation won't give you superpowers. Quite the opposite.  ;)

Quote from: Chefist on July 31, 2017, 02:15:29 PM

The big problem is we now have these weapons that could devastate the planet.  Unfortunately, I don't think it is a matter of if there is ever going to be a nuclear war but when will there be a nuclear war.  Some day, some way, the wrong people are going to get in power and will decide to nuke another country. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 02:17:57 PM
I'm not saying hit them with nukes.  I don't think that the South Koreans are even considering that. There are many other options before such a dreadful course of action takes place.  The important thing now is to build a consensus against North Korea.

Build consensus?! Who isn't against NK besides China?  :D

chefist

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 31, 2017, 02:21:52 PM
Contrary to popular belief that radiation won't give you superpowers. Quite the opposite.  ;)

Of course it does! Read a comic book, ok!

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 02:24:09 PM
The big problem is we now have these weapons that could devastate the planet.  Unfortunately, I don't think it is a matter of if there is ever going to be a nuclear war but when will there be a nuclear war.  Some day, some way, the wrong people are going to get in power and will decide to nuke another country.

It will be a country like NK, Pakistan or Iran...I'm convinced of that.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chefist on July 31, 2017, 02:27:48 PM
Of course it does! Read a comic book, ok!

I was a big Hulk fan. Trust me, I was very disappointed when I learned it didn't work that way.  :D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 31, 2017, 02:26:45 PM
Build consensus?! Who isn't against NK besides China?  :D

China is the key.  Every country in the world should be pressuring China to act tough with North Korea.  They will eventually have to end the Kim regime if enough pressure is applied.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 31, 2017, 02:21:52 PM
Very true.  But the threat of it might.

Quote from: Chefist on July 31, 2017, 02:29:06 PM
It will be a country like NK, Pakistan or Iran...I'm convinced of that.

Right, it will be a rogue nation most likely Islamic not a major power.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 02:32:36 PM
Right, it will be a rogue nation most likely Islamic not a major power.

Yup, they will justify it of course.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 02:31:03 PM
China is the key.  Every country in the world should be pressuring China to act tough with North Korea.  They will eventually have to end the Kim regime if enough pressure is applied.

Really? You think? I think somehow, someway he will remain right where we want him. Without a madman there how could we justify our military buildup against China and attempts to lock down and control that whole area?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Juan on July 31, 2017, 12:54:44 PM

I wonder whether this is leaked news, fake news, or leaked fake news.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 31, 2017, 02:35:00 PM
Really? You think? I think somehow, someway he will remain right where we want him. Without a madman there how could we justify our military buildup against China and attempts to lock down and control that whole area?

That theory doesn't pass muster.  That would be a strong incentive for China to take out the Kim regime.  No North Korea, no US military buildup and China could deceptively consolidate their strength easily.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 31, 2017, 02:38:48 PM
That theory doesn't pass muster.  That would be a strong incentive for China to take out the Kim regime.

Really? Our business relationship with China has made them one of the fastest growing developing economies in the world at the expense of our own manufacturing base. Why would they risk screwing that up?

Quote from: StarrMountain on July 31, 2017, 02:41:25 PM
Hey!  What did ya do with Rudolph?  :'(

I'm sorry, Starr.  He'll be back.