• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

ISRAEL~and~JEWS AROUND the WORLD Thread.

Started by CozyRozie, July 05, 2017, 04:26:23 AM

CozyRozie

Listening to MV's latest GabCast from 02.July.2017

Quote from: Σ> on July 02, 2017, 11:48:49 PM
The latest episode of The GabCast is posted here.

I was intrigued with MV's talk about Morocco and Jewish population living there. It starts at,1:12:13 on GabCast.
I was surprised with MV's quite detailed knowledge of the history and current affairs in Morocco.
Considering that ISRAEL and JEWISH people play such a significant and influential role in World's {today's and past history} on both religious and political scenes I decided to look more into the history of Jews living in Morocco.
Attached World map showing North Africa-MOROCCO and ISRAEL in relation to each other.

There is much to explore on this topic, very interesting how some muslim countries treated in the past and are treating Jews today all over the World.
There is no question what'so'ever that this small country of Israel is central/focal point in Worlds political-religious affairs..and love it or hated it it's going to be even more dominating as the years go by.
So smart thing to do is to learn about it to know who and why you love or hate.
There are many sites that google can provide on this topic of Jews in Morocco, here is one for starters,

In Morocco, Muslims and Jews study side-by-side but for how long?
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/morocco-muslims-jews-study-side-side/

BY MADELINE GRESSEL, ZOE LAKE, SIYI CHEN, KELSEY DOYLE AND KHADIJA BOUKHARFANE  July 29, 2015 at 8:54 AM EDT
Watch a report about the Jewish community in Morocco, not as vibrant as it once was.

For many people, Judaism in the Middle East conjures images of discord.
But the Islamic nation of Morocco is an exception â€" it’s a place where Jews are not just tolerated but embraced in some circles as an important part of the country’s history and culture.
Even before the arrival of Islam in Morocco, Jews called this North African coastal nation their home.
About 400 years ago, the Moroccan Jewish community forged a strong connection and alliance with the country’s ruling dynasty, the Alaouites.

In the 20th century, persecutions across Europe brought new waves of Jewish immigrants to Morocco seeking safe haven.
Their hope was not in vain â€" in 1940, when the Nazi-controlled French government in Morocco issued anti-Semitic decrees,
the Alaouite Sultan Mohammed V rejected the racist laws.

In one oft-repeated story, he refused to ask his Jewish subjects to wear the yellow stars. “There are no Jews in Morocco,” he reportedly said. “There are only subjects.”

Today in Morocco, Jews enjoy equal rights and privileges. One of King Mohammed VI’s senior advisers, André Azoulay, is Jewish.
Morocco also has state-funded Jewish schools and Jewish religious courts.

.../much more in the link/

Kidnostad3

Th' One is the same asshole who last posted on BelGab as "NewStar."  He has a history of haunting and regularly getting kicked off various blogs at which time he goes back to one he has been banned from under a different name.  His pattern upon returning is to generate a flurry of posts wherein he shows some familiarity with BelGab and joins in the criticism of some posters as a way of gaining acceptance by others.  He also creates new threads that he shamelessly touts on established threads as if they were something he happened to stumble over.   

It seems that this troll wannabe is trying real hard to pass himself off as someone who knows something about the U.S. and to give the impression that he might even be an immigrant.  However,  his piss-poor English and inane commentary are a dead give away.  He has no real grasp of our idiomatic expressions or insight into our culture.  I doubt that he has ever been closer to the U.S. than the Russian or Eastern European shit hole he was born in.  His commentary quickly becomes bizarre and stridently hostile to things American and he invariably goes ape shit in responce to those of us who see him for the twisted fuck that he is with a string of expletives that no one outside of a psych ward would put together in any language. No doubt he sees himself as a troll but he really sucks at it and should stick to playing Pong or whatever video game is current in the aforementioned Russian or Eastern European shithole.

As mentioned, he last posted on BG as "NewStar" and was banned from BG around March 19th of this year.  Take a look at his posts on or around that date and you'll see why MV saw fit to eject him.

docmeat

Quote from: th'ONE on July 05, 2017, 04:26:23 AM
Listening to MV's latest GabCast from 02.July.2017

I was intrigued with MV's talk about Morocco and Jewish population living there. It starts at,1:12:13 on GabCast.
I was surprised with MV's quite detailed knowledge of the history and current affairs in Morocco.
Considering that ISRAEL and JEWISH people play such a significant and influential role in World's {today's and past history} on both religious and political scenes I decided to look more into the history of Jews living in Morocco.
Attached World map showing North Africa-MOROCCO and ISRAEL in relation to each other.

There is much to explore on this topic, very interesting how some muslim countries treated in the past and are treating Jews today all over the World.
There is no question what'so'ever that this small country of Israel is central/focal point in Worlds political-religious affairs..and love it or hated it it's going to be even more dominating as the years go by.
So smart thing to do is to learn about it to know who and why you love or hate.
There are many sites that google can provide on this topic of Jews in Morocco, here is one for starters,

In Morocco, Muslims and Jews study side-by-side but for how long?
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/morocco-muslims-jews-study-side-side/

BY MADELINE GRESSEL, ZOE LAKE, SIYI CHEN, KELSEY DOYLE AND KHADIJA BOUKHARFANE  July 29, 2015 at 8:54 AM EDT
Watch a report about the Jewish community in Morocco, not as vibrant as it once was.

For many people, Judaism in the Middle East conjures images of discord.
But the Islamic nation of Morocco is an exception â€" it’s a place where Jews are not just tolerated but embraced in some circles as an important part of the country’s history and culture.
Even before the arrival of Islam in Morocco, Jews called this North African coastal nation their home.
About 400 years ago, the Moroccan Jewish community forged a strong connection and alliance with the country’s ruling dynasty, the Alaouites.

In the 20th century, persecutions across Europe brought new waves of Jewish immigrants to Morocco seeking safe haven.
Their hope was not in vain â€" in 1940, when the Nazi-controlled French government in Morocco issued anti-Semitic decrees,
the Alaouite Sultan Mohammed V rejected the racist laws.

In one oft-repeated story, he refused to ask his Jewish subjects to wear the yellow stars. “There are no Jews in Morocco,” he reportedly said. “There are only subjects.”

Today in Morocco, Jews enjoy equal rights and privileges. One of King Mohammed VI’s senior advisers, André Azoulay, is Jewish.
Morocco also has state-funded Jewish schools and Jewish religious courts.

.../much more in the link/

Woo woo, where's the joo! Fuckface.

CozyRozie

Quote from: docmeat on July 05, 2017, 09:12:22 AM

Woo woo, where's the joo! Fuckface.

I'm glad that you are doing your mule duty again for me...LOL 8)
what ?, did you lost a job or something.. hahaha

CozyRozie

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 05, 2017, 09:01:30 AM
Th' One is the same asshole who last posted on BelGab as "NewStar."  He has a history of haunting and regularly getting kicked off various blogs at which time he goes back to one he has been banned from under a different name.  His pattern upon returning is to generate a flurry of posts wherein he shows some familiarity with BelGab and joins in the criticism of some posters as a way of gaining acceptance by others.  He also creates new threads that he shamelessly touts on established threads as if they were something he happened to stumble over.   

It seems that this troll wannabe is trying real hard to pass himself off as someone who knows something about the U.S. and to give the impression that he might even be an immigrant.  However,  his piss-poor English and inane commentary are a dead give away.  He has no real grasp of our idiomatic expressions or insight into our culture.  I doubt that he has ever been closer to the U.S. than the Russian or Eastern European shit hole he was born in.  His commentary quickly becomes bizarre and stridently hostile to things American and he invariably goes ape shit in responce to those of us who see him for the twisted fuck that he is with a string of expletives that no one outside of a psych ward would put together in any language. No doubt he sees himself as a troll but he really sucks at it and should stick to playing Pong or whatever video game is current in the aforementioned Russian or Eastern European shithole.

As mentioned, he last posted on BG as "NewStar" and was banned from BG around March 19th of this year.  Take a look at his posts on or around that date and you'll see why MV saw fit to eject him.

O, YES I'M SURE MV will be TRILLED WITH YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THIS FORUM posting the same poorly composed idiotic crap.
Talking about having shitty English skills...hahaha :) did you read your posts lately ??

I'M sure your posts will attract more intelligent members to BellGab.

docmeat

Quote from: th'ONE on July 05, 2017, 09:22:08 AM

I'm glad that you are doing your mule duty again for me...LOL 8)
what ?, did you lost a job or something.. hahaha

Ahhhh soooo! Fuckface.

CozyRozie

Very interesting reading about our Jewish friends living in Morocco.

Uncovering Jewish Morocco â€" Discovery Abounds
https://www.journeybeyondtravel.com/blog/jewish-morocco.html

*Recently, I headed down south a couple of hours north of Merzouga (not quite to Erg Chebbi in the Sahara) to the town of Rissani.
It’s here where mounds of rolling Sahel-like earth stretch into the horizon connecting to Erfoud.
It is home to the former Kingdom of Sijilmassa, where Jewish Berbers once controlled the gold trade and had an extensive commerce network that stretched to India and Egypt.
Interestingly, the region is mentioned in several letters written by traders venturing through the area; ultimately using the area
as a terminal or port town before heading to Sudan, Cairo, and further afield.

We also learned that Jewish Moroccans have inhabited this area of North Africa since ancient times, predating Roman rule,
and developing traditions and rituals distinct from the religious communities farther north and east.
The first significant Jewish settlement in Morocco was built around 580 B.C., existing as its own nation through the early years of Roman rule.
Jewish traders had already begun to travel over the Atlas Mountains to trade with and live among Berbers.
Many Berbers ended up adopting Judaism and strong influences from the religion still remain in Berber spirituality.*

CozyRozie

Talking about Morocco, here is a very interesting 5 min video on a very strange border arrangements with its neighbor Spain.. :o ::)

The World's Strangest Borders Part 2: Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6tJ-mvhznU

CozyRozie

For my Jewish friends who are observing Sabbath I like to wish You a Happy Sabbath :)
{also to non-Jewish friends, like many Christians who acknowledge and observe Sabbath} :)

CozyRozie

***BREAKING NEWS***

Several injured in shooting attack at Jerusalem’s Temple Mount â€" reports
Published time: 14 Jul, 2017 05:00
https://www.rt.com/news/396296-jerusalem-temple-mount-shooting/

luicfer6G6

Quote from: th'ONE on July 13, 2017, 11:10:57 PM
***BREAKING NEWS***

Several injured in shooting attack at Jerusalem’s Temple Mount â€" reports
Published time: 14 Jul, 2017 05:00
https://www.rt.com/news/396296-jerusalem-temple-mount-shooting/

CozyRozie

on this 15.July.2017
For my Jewish friends who are observing Sabbath I like to wish You a Happy Sabbath :)
{also to non-Jewish friends, like many Christians who acknowledge and observe Sabbath} :)

oy-way

Quote from: 𝓶𝓲𝓴𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰O1 on July 15, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
on this 15.July.2017

Thank you so very much mikuthing01
And a very happy Sabbath to you too mikuthing01 :) ;)

oy-way

Quote from: 𝓶𝓲𝓴𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰O1 on July 15, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
on this 15.July.2017

mikuthing01 how was your Sabbath ?

ZaZa

On this 29.July.2017
For my Jewish friends who are observing Sabbath ... I like to wish You a Happy Sabbath :)

ZaZa

SHABBAT SONGS שירי שבת \ אסף נוה שלום - שעה שלימה של עונג

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LWHnXbayEk

Enjoy, even if you are not celebrating Shabbat :)  it's so nice and healing  :)