• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Missing Richard Simmons

Started by FallenSeraph, March 02, 2017, 09:20:49 PM

FallenSeraph

Just thought I'd throw it out here in case anyone else is into this one. Richard Simmons hasn't been seen or heard from for something like four years. This podcast guy is on a quest to unravel the mystery.

Maybe it was an alien abduction. If so, unfortunately for Richard, not everyone gets probed ... or so I've heard.

Anyhoo, I love this podcast. I never thought I'd spend so much time pondering the whereabouts of Richard Simmons.

WHERE ARE YOU, RICHARD??

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Seraphim27 on March 02, 2017, 09:20:49 PM
Just thought I'd throw it out here in case anyone else is into this one. Richard Simmons hasn't been seen or heard from for something like four years. This podcast guy is on a quest to unravel the mystery.

Maybe it was an alien abduction. If so, unfortunately for Richard, not everyone gets probed ... or so I've heard.

Anyhoo, I love this podcast. I never thought I'd spend so much time pondering the whereabouts of Richard Simmons.

WHERE ARE YOU, RICHARD??

the beauty of podcasting.  it doesn't get more niche than this.  not exactly something you'll see carried on westwood one any time soon.

jazmunda

I think the guy just let himself go. Not that he was such a looker before but he's probably mega chub chub now and doesn't fit into his wardrobe of bedazzled short shorts and crop tops.

Ciardelo

Quote from: jaz on March 02, 2017, 09:46:07 PM
I think the guy just let himself go. Not that he was such a looker before but he's probably mega chub chub now and doesn't fit into his wardrobe of bedazzled short shorts and crop tops.

squeee!

FallenSeraph

bump

WHERE ARE YOU, RICHARD SIMMONS??!!!!

I miss him. :(

comaphobe

He is not missing, he is retired. The shows that he frequently appeared on are long gone. Letterman for example. It's a new era and these people are pensioners.

He stated years ago that he was retired. He doesn't want publicity.

Maybe he is on crack. Or maybe has the aidz. Maybe he is fat again like he was in the early 70s.

It could be all or none of the above.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be reached..... like Rick Moranis, Gene Hackman, Joe Pesci, Sean Connery, and Professor Falken.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on April 04, 2017, 06:33:49 AM
He is not missing, he is retired. The shows that he frequently appeared on are long gone. Letterman for example. It's a new era and these people are pensioners.

He stated years ago that he was retired. He doesn't want publicity.

Maybe he is on crack. Or maybe has the aidz. Maybe he is fat again like he was in the early 70s.

It could be all or none of the above.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be reached..... like Rick Moranis, Gene Hackman, Joe Pesci, Sean Connery, and Professor Falken.

Good riddance! His short shorts always creeped (and grossed) me out. Guh!  :o

MV/Liberace!

the final two episodes of this podcast sure turned out to be duds.

Jackstar

Quote from: Σ> on April 04, 2017, 11:33:37 AM
the final two episodes of this podcast sure turned out to be duds.

Check the microphone.

mikuthing01

I never liked Richard Simmons and as it turns out the guy was just a huge dickhead cosplaying as someone who cared about fat people.

comaphobe

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on April 04, 2017, 04:05:17 PM
I never liked Richard Simmons and as it turns out the guy was just a huge dickhead cosplaying as someone who cared about fat people.

I couldn't stand him growing up, but like C-3PO he grew on me over the decades. I do prefer C-3PO to Richard though, mostly because C-3PO was never fat, plus he had an off-switch.

This could also be a publicity stunt, since nobody watches talkshows or infomercials anymore, it could be his way of seeing how many people still care about him. I literally don't know what he has ever done aside from 1980s talk show appearances and 1990s infomercials.

I would have thought that he died years ago if I didn't read a couple of years back that he was living life outside of the public eye. No clue where I read that, but more than likely some corporate celebrity headline farm like when I used to use Hotmail and log out of inbox then be hurled into an index of celebrity headlines and worthless MSN lifestyle horseshit.

If I didn't use corporate websites I wouldn't even know who in the fuck most of these god damn goofballz are or what they are up to on a daily basis. I prefer not to know anything about famous/popular narcissists.

The TMZ, the spyGoogle, and the escapism superhero culture industry have taken the civilization hostage. Stay asleep.

Juan

I met Richard once. He came to the TV station where I worked in North Carolina, and we had found a morbidly obese woman who lived nearby. We took him to meet her, and he did his usual routine for the cameras. Then he made everyone leave so that he was alone with the woman. He stayed with her for about 30-minutes, and when he came out, he would not say what they had talked about. The woman would only say that he had given her hope.

I felt differently about Richard after that. I think that outside his act, he really did try to help people.

Robert

Maybe he lost so much weight he disappeared.

Juan

Richard is now "resting" after a brief "hospitalization" for "indigestion."