• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Immigration Decisions: Courts, Legal, Illegals, & Refugees

Started by albrecht, February 09, 2017, 06:33:02 PM

albrecht

It wasn't a surprise (the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is notoriously leftist and should be broken up, not because of this, but because it is the most inefficient court and its jurisdiction is too large and covers too many different areas and people due to the demographics shifts over time.) How can this be interpreted to mean that all immigrants should be allowed in regardless of background, origination, or threat?
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-09/appeals-court-keeps-u-s-doors-open-during-immigration-fight
Here is the law, passed by Congress, and used by Obama, Bush, Carter etc without issue, protest, or riot...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182
"(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

And what about this part?
"(4) Public charge
(A) In general

Any alien who, in the opinion of the consular officer at the time of application for a visa, or in the opinion of the Attorney General at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status, is likely at any time to become a public charge is inadmissible."

Are these radical Muslims and "children" from Mexico, Honduras, etc coming in as "refugees" bringing with them their cash or will they get any public assistance?

Now, the next step, a full en banc hearing or straight to the split SCOTUS? Or can we wait until another Justice is appointed?

Also, as a legal question, what if Trump initiated another order, with slightly different wording, and enacted it? And repeat, repeat the process. At what point could a Court say the Executive Office is being frivolous or making a mockery of the Court? Can they hold a member of the Executive Branch in contempt even? What if Trump 'doubled-down' and pulled a Andy Jackson and "you enforce it, Court" and just ignored this biased decision?

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2017, 06:33:02 PM
It wasn't a surprise (the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is notoriously leftist and should be broken up, not because of this, but because it is the most inefficient court and its jurisdiction is too large and covers too many different areas and people due to the demographics shifts over time.) How can this be interpreted to mean that all immigrants should be allowed in regardless of background, origination, or threat?
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-09/appeals-court-keeps-u-s-doors-open-during-immigration-fight
Here is the law, passed by Congress, and used by Obama, Bush, Carter etc without issue, protest, or riot...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182
"(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

And what about this part?
"(4) Public charge
(A) In general

Any alien who, in the opinion of the consular officer at the time of application for a visa, or in the opinion of the Attorney General at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status, is likely at any time to become a public charge is inadmissible."

Are these radical Muslims and "children" from Mexico, Honduras, etc coming in as "refugees" bringing with them their cash or will they get any public assistance?

Now, the next step, a full en banc hearing or straight to the split SCOTUS? Or can we wait until another Justice is appointed?

Also, as a legal question, what if Trump initiated another order, with slightly different wording, and enacted it? And repeat, repeat the process. At what point could a Court say the Executive Office is being frivolous or making a mockery of the Court? Can they hold a member of the Executive Branch in contempt even? What if Trump 'doubled-down' and pulled a Andy Jackson and "you enforce it, Court" and just ignored this biased decision?

Illegal aliens have no constitutional rights except in the fact that they should be treated humanely.  The 9th Circus needs to be split up now.  We've been threatening to do it for 70 years, it is now time to act.  Besides there should be one more circuit out west anyway.

I'd say take it to the Supreme Court now and see how they react.  Then if the vote is split, wait until Gorsuch is confirmed and issue another executive order slightly reworded.  This is not a judicial oligarchy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 09, 2017, 06:39:25 PM
Illegal aliens have no constitutional rights except in the fact that they should be treated humanely.  The 9th Circus needs to be split up now.  We've been threatening to do it for 70 years, it is now time to act.  Besides there should be one more circuit out west anyway.

I'd say take it to the Supreme Court now and see how they react.  Then if the vote is split, wait until Gorsuch is confirmed and issue another executive order slightly reworded.  This is not a judicial oligarchy.

Expect Trump to go full on to the 9th with his legal team now that Sessions is in place.  ;)

Kidnostad3

I just heard a discussion wherein it was postulated that this ruling will ultimately work to Trump's advantage:

A.  It will serve as a rallying point drawing to the cause anti-Trump Reps. and enlightened Dems.

B.  It will accelerate the confirmation of Gorsich and make it easier for Reps to use the nuclear option.

C.  It will be a catalyst to break up the 9th Circus.

I think they are correct.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 09, 2017, 07:42:04 PM

I just heard a discussion wherein it was postulated that this ruling will ultimately work to Trump's advantage:

A.  It will serve as a rallying point drawing to the cause anti-Trump Reps. and enlightened Dems.

B.  It will accelerate the confirmation of Gorsich and make it easier for Reps to use the nuclear option.

C.  It will be a catalyst to break up the 9th Circus.

I think they are correct.
Let's hope they, or that theory, is correct. I've heard a CT that Trump wanted the EO to fail and hence his roll-out problems and tweet fights:
1) it sets up him not abandoning promises to his voters ("I tried, but these judges")
2) it sets up Trump not to be blamed when another Muslim or cartel member or illegal goes nuts and bombs, shoots, and rapes "it is not my fault, I tried to stop them, but these judges"
3) he allows in the cheap labor and skilled, but cheaper than American, workers for industry, AG, etc so some of the big companies etc will be happy (but Trump, again, can deny "I tried but these judges....")
Then again, what I mentioned above could be a part of that theory- people get outraged at judges and system is reform, good people are appointed, rule of law as intended is restored, etc.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2017, 07:52:22 PM
Let's hope they, or that theory, is correct. I've heard a CT that Trump wanted the EO to fail and hence his roll-out problems and tweet fights:
1) it sets up him not abandoning promises to his voters ("I tried, but these judges")
2) it sets up Trump not to be blamed when another Muslim or cartel member or illegal goes nuts and bombs, shoots, and rapes "it is not my fault, I tried to stop them, but these judges"
3) he allows in the cheap labor and skilled, but cheaper than American, workers for industry, AG, etc so some of the big companies etc will be happy (but Trump, again, can deny "I tried but these judges....")
Then again, what I mentioned above could be a part of that theory- people get outraged at judges and system is reform, good people are appointed, rule of law as intended is restored, etc.

Yep, there's that too. 

albrecht

The illegals and Mexicans are protesting here because ICE arrested a criminal illegal the other day. ICE has said there is no special raids but routine raids just as Obama had but rumors are spreading in the "immigrant community" that there is a crack-down, sweeps, and even roadblock ID checks (none of which is true.) But funny to see. The Mexican Consulate even said the main reason illegals are arrested is due to:

"cases of DWI, sometimes it’s people that have come and go several times undocumented and ICE has already identified them. Sometimes they are accused of domestic violence. Sometimes they have not complied with a previous deportation order."

So far most of the illegals arrested have been convicted for felonies. But the protestors, and my City Council, says it is a good thing to have more drunk drivers and convicted felons living in our community? That is who they are protesting for?
http://kxan.com/2017/02/11/hundreds-gather-to-protest-against-latest-federal-immigration-operations/

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2017, 07:03:41 PM
The illegals and Mexicans are protesting here because ICE arrested a criminal illegal the other day. ICE has said there is no special raids but routine raids just as Obama had but rumors are spreading in the "immigrant community" that there is a crack-down, sweeps, and even roadblock ID checks (none of which is true.) But funny to see. The Mexican Consulate even said the main reason illegals are arrested is due to:

"cases of DWI, sometimes it’s people that have come and go several times undocumented and ICE has already identified them. Sometimes they are accused of domestic violence. Sometimes they have not complied with a previous deportation order."

So far most of the illegals arrested have been convicted for felonies. But the protestors, and my City Council, says it is a good thing to have more drunk drivers and convicted felons living in our community? That is who they are protesting for?
http://kxan.com/2017/02/11/hundreds-gather-to-protest-against-latest-federal-immigration-operations/

Do you think it's all about cheap labor and growing the Dems base?  Seems to me it may be more about undermining our culture and political system to bring about globalism.  I didn't used to be one who put much stock in conspiracy theories but that has changed.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 11, 2017, 07:10:05 PM
Do you think it's all about cheap labor and growing the Dems base?  Seems to me it may be more about undermining our culture and political system to bring about globalism.  I didn't used to be one who put much stock in conspiracy theories but that has changed.
There are a lot of motivations and actors involved that happen to have, maybe temporary, mutual interests in "refugees" and illegals that are swarming Western nations:
1) certain industries like them for cheap labor and new customers.

2) Democrats, and similar parties in Europe  like them for more voters (even legal ones eventually when their children grow up) and because they are often poor and uneducated a source for more government departments, budgets, and spending. And being foreign, often coming from corrupt countries, they have no idea of our laws and history and so will accept corruption, and single-party landscape, and demand services that only a large bureaucracy can give away.

3) Private prisons like them because they frequently commit other crimes and get sent to prison or jail.

4) Perverts/Sex-Trade like them because they can exploit them and use the process to sex traffic women and girls (for use in prostitution or as child-brides for Muslims.)

5) the Left likes it because it helps destroy our countries (which are racist, capitalist, sexist, etc etc.)

6) Public schools like it because much of their grant money and budget allocations is simply due to numbers.

7) Foreign countries like it because it weakens our countries and allows them to get rid of their criminals, terrorists, poor, uneducated and keep them from having to reform.

8 ) Cartel, criminals, and terror groups like it because they can commit more crime and violence and have more people to exploit (illegals or refugees often are afraid of the police.) And use the immigrants and their routes to smuggle drugs etc and also to charge illegals for safe passage (and a side benefit you get to rape the women and girls if you wish.)

9) the UN and certain billionaires like it because they reckon that if there is enough immigration, refugee floods the idea of nationality (and even race,) will go away and we will accept some more international system of management, note- not government. (Also if enough chaos or problems occur the people will be begging for help from the UN etc.)

10) some illegals and refugees like it because they feel that they are taking over lands that were formerly theirs or an invasion to 'get back' at whitey. Unfortunately a lot of people in Western nations do have a lot of 'white guilt' and so accept, or even promote, the invasions. You will note it is never an African country, an Asian country, a Muslim country, a South American country who is told that they must take in refugees or illegals, or not have borders, or change their laws or culture to "accommodate" Islam, make our signs etc in foreign languages, put up with cultural misunderstandings like rape, etc.

GravitySucks

11) Sanctuary cities like it because the census counts all residents, legal or illegal, leading towards more federal funds, increased revenue from sales taxes and the possibility of another seat in Congress.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2017, 07:55:02 PM
There are a lot of motivations and actors involved that happen to have, maybe temporary, mutual interests in "refugees" and illegals that are swarming Western nations:
1) certain industries like them for cheap labor and new customers.

2) Democrats, and similar parties in Europe  like them for more voters (even legal ones eventually when their children grow up) and because they are often poor and uneducated a source for more government departments, budgets, and spending. And being foreign, often coming from corrupt countries, they have no idea of our laws and history and so will accept corruption, and single-party landscape, and demand services that only a large bureaucracy can give away.

3) Private prisons like them because they frequently commit other crimes and get sent to prison or jail.

4) Perverts/Sex-Trade like them because they can exploit them and use the process to sex traffic women and girls (for use in prostitution or as child-brides for Muslims.)

5) the Left likes it because it helps destroy our countries (which are racist, capitalist, sexist, etc etc.)

6) Public schools like it because much of their grant money and budget allocations is simply due to numbers.

7) Foreign countries like it because it weakens our countries and allows them to get rid of their criminals, terrorists, poor, uneducated and keep them from having to reform.

8 ) Cartel, criminals, and terror groups like it because they can commit more crime and violence and have more people to exploit (illegals or refugees often are afraid of the police.) And use the immigrants and their routes to smuggle drugs etc and also to charge illegals for safe passage (and a side benefit you get to rape the women and girls if you wish.)

9) the UN and certain billionaires like it because they reckon that if there is enough immigration, refugee floods the idea of nationality (and even race,) will go away and we will accept some more international system of management, note- not government. (Also if enough chaos or problems occur the people will be begging for help from the UN etc.)

10) some illegals and refugees like it because they feel that they are taking over lands that were formerly theirs or an invasion to 'get back' at whitey. Unfortunately a lot of people in Western nations do have a lot of 'white guilt' and so accept, or even promote, the invasions. You will note it is never an African country, an Asian country, a Muslim country, a South American country who is told that they must take in refugees or illegals, or not have borders, or change their laws or culture to "accommodate" Islam, make our signs etc in foreign languages, put up with cultural misunderstandings like rape, etc.

A very astute and comprehensive exposition.  Gave me a lot to think about.  You should repost in Trump thread. 

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 11, 2017, 08:00:41 PM
11) Sanctuary cities like it because the census counts all residents, legal or illegal, leading towards more federal funds, increased revenue from sales taxes and the possibility of another seat in Congress.
Yep. Good point. Especially about those areas getting another seat in Congress. That is why even when the illegals don't actually vote they still influence our elections.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2017, 08:09:25 PM
Yep. Good point. Especially about those areas getting another seat in Congress. That is why even when the illegals don't actually vote they still influence our elections.

Another good point.

Up All Night

A 33-year-old man is accused of sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl he took while she was playing in a Garland apartment breezeway.

Rossember Campos of Garland was arrested Thursday and faces charges of aggravated kidnapping and indecency with a child. He is being held at the Dallas County jail in lieu of $50,000.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/garland/2017/07/17/garland-man-sexually-assaulted-7-year-old-girl-snatching-apartment-breezeway-police-say

I have no idea of Mr. Campos's immigration status... but I suspect...

Up All Night

UN Operation Triton - A border security effort that rescues migrants from sinking ships...

Their Message: Migrants
244 Million are on the move.

Their Propaganda Message:

MIGRATION IS INEVITABLE
MIGRATION IS NECESSARY
MIGRATION IS DESIRABLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEaXKeCUUJE

And, a response from Red Ice TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR2QaF6DmZU

starrmtn001

Immigration & MS-13: Senate Committee Hearing (complete) 6/21/2017.
This ms-13 situation is horrific and heart breaking.

https://youtu.be/5GoEBtq7S7U