• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Radio Controlled Aircraft

Started by whoozit, September 19, 2016, 03:25:15 PM

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 28, 2018, 11:18:42 AM
Not yet I haven't..But I'm sure working on it..  ;)

Liar.

QuoteTreasonous to whom? You? Oh poor thing that you are.. I have no affiliation to you on any level.

Treasonous to all upstanding and patriotic AMERICANS, you limey filth!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3qx91uUNA

whoozit

All set to fly once I get the new batter connectors.  Airframe together, electronics installed and radio programmed.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 28, 2018, 12:44:23 PM

Treasonous to all upstanding and patriotic AMERICANS, you limey filth!

Funny thing is, I know quite a few Americans who I call friends, some fought in Vietnam, one in the Korean conflict (He's 89). And frankly people like you embarrass them.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 28, 2018, 02:29:27 PM
All set to fly once I get the new batter connectors.  Airframe together, electronics installed and radio programmed.

Will you get someone to video it for it's maiden?

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 28, 2018, 02:57:15 PM

Will you get someone to video it for it's maiden?
I may be able to make that happen.  All planes have at least one landing in them.  I usually put a trash bag in the fuselage.

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 28, 2018, 02:56:37 PM
Funny thing is, I know quite a few Americans who I call friends, some fought in Vietnam, one in the Korean conflict (He's 89). And frankly people like you embarrass them.

Oh it's the predictable anecdotal flourish, how utterly leftarded of you.

Take your imaginary "friends" back to Newcastle with you. >:(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 28, 2018, 02:58:45 PM
I may be able to make that happen.  All planes have at least one landing in them.  I usually put a trash bag in the fuselage.

Pah!!! It won't crash.   ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 28, 2018, 03:00:30 PM
Oh it's the predictable anecdotal flourish, how utterly leftarded of you.

Take your imaginary "friends" back to Newcastle with you. >:(

You really don't have a grasp of geography do you?  :(

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 28, 2018, 03:01:49 PM

Pah!!! It won't crash.   ;)
Of course not, but sometimes less than ideal landings occur.  :P. The ideality of the landing is inversely proportional to the number of pieces.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 28, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
Of course not, but sometimes less than ideal landings occur.  :P

Airspeed, altitude and ideas... Three is perfect, two is okay, one, start looking around to go down...none...bin liner.

whoozit

Old flying field.  600 yards across and .9 miles long.  Grass area was 500ft. X 400 ft. I’ll post pics from the new flying field this weekend.

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 28, 2018, 02:56:37 PM

Dude.  Men don't like to acknowledge the existence of metros.  Gives us the heebie jeeebies. 

whoozit

Got my new connectors and am charging my batteries.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 28, 2018, 12:38:00 PM
You've got the Metrosexual and I have the Dickdr.

Aw! The FBI and the MI6 agents in love.  :D

I'll call Noel Coward. He'll write a play! ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on May 28, 2018, 09:00:24 AM
Perhaps in time.  That is a big (in many senses) investment to see if I like something.
I was surprised at how well this little micro can slope soar, especially for the price.  The AS3X makes all the difference.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/EFLU2980?KPID=EFLU2980&CAWELAID=320011980000123186&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=37619207031&CATCI=pla-272081934850&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIza36gJax2wIVyl6GCh05HAu_EAQYASABEgKRAvD_BwE

It's big brother does pretty well, too.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/radian-bnf-basic-efl4750

whoozit

Went to the field with the new plane tonight.  When I got there I realized I forgot to put Velcro on the batteries so I could not fly.  Even though I practice good battery bondage and use two straps to hold the batteries down they could still slide backwards and cause a tail heavy plane.  I checked everything else out and applied Velcro to batteries when I got home.  All set for a maiden flight tomorrow, weather permitting.

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on June 01, 2018, 07:24:54 PM
Went to the field with the new plane tonight.  When I got there I realized I forgot to put Velcro on the batteries so I could not fly.  Even though I practice good battery bondage and use two straps to hold the batteries down they could still slide backwards and cause a tail heavy plane.  I checked everything else out and applied Velcro to batteries when I got home.  All set for a maiden flight tomorrow, weather permitting.

Cool.

whoozit

Got in two in exciting flights this morning before the weather came in.  I didn’t fly a lot last summer and need to reprogram my thumbs before I try any low extreme maneuvers.

whoozit

Finally met some of the club members last Saturday.  Unfortunately they got to see me crash.  I’m hoping that is my new nickname. There was no exterior damage but the motor box broke.  Took me 2 hours to fix and I was flying the next day. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on June 16, 2018, 08:14:50 PM
Finally met some of the club members last Saturday.  Unfortunately they got to see me crash.  I’m hoping that is my new nickname. There was no exterior damage but the motor box broke.  Took me 2 hours to fix and I was flying the next day.

whoozit

Damned rudder servo jammed in full right position.  Put it down flat and inverted.  Had to order new cowl, canopy and motor box kit.  Once they arrive I will have several hours of work, but once done and I install a new servo all will be well again.  What a hobby.