• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on May 09, 2018, 10:36:03 AM
"Going to see if our Dracula pumpkin is still burning as I pee our Belgian Sheepdog for tonight."...wtf?
I'm simply stunned Paul and Ella are Heater fans.  "Welcome to the cuckshed.  Pee your dog often."

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 11:06:29 AM
Okay, no. I really have to see this DVD right now.  PBS, you steal the disc, and I'll go make the popcorn!
On it! LOL. I am picturing a sad doggie funeral. Like with a big poster board with pictures, a doggie casket. Then Paul gets up, walks to the front, clears his throat and begins a eulogy that brings the whole 6 people there to tears.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2018, 11:09:47 AM
I'm simply stunned Paul and Ella are Heater fans.  "Welcome to the cuckshed.  Pee your dog often."

You're not allowed to pee while you're out in the cuckshed. That's part of the rules.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 11:10:10 AM
On it! LOL. I am picturing a sad doggie funeral. Like with a big poster board with pictures, a doggie casket. Then Paul gets up, walks to the front, clears his throat and begins a eulogy that brings the whole 6 people there to tears.

He's probably the type to break wind on the way up there. But it's no big thing. His hemp cloth Hammer pants barely move.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 10:55:39 AM
Is it just me, or does Dave look a bit like Jessie Ventura?


I see nothing, all bald old men is somewhat in shape look the same..even me

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 09, 2018, 11:11:00 AM
I see nothing, all bald old men is somewhat in shape look the same..even me

If I stare long enough, he looks like my dad..  a younger, taller, live version. 

Friday

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 09, 2018, 11:11:00 AM
I see nothing, all bald old men is somewhat in shape look the same..even me

And the goatie is soooo 1997

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 09, 2018, 11:03:44 AM
It's a fucking snuff film
If you want to see a snuff film just go to any ISIS site or you can buy a tin of Copenhagen and watch a movie.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 09, 2018, 10:45:34 AM
It's all code, lest the vultures George Knapps intercept their messages.

FIFY

Kolchak

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2018, 11:09:47 AM
I'm simply stunned Paul and Ella are Heater fans.  "Welcome to the cuckshed.  Pee your dog often."

Young Ella gives off some serious Tanya Harding vibes.


Smeghead

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2018, 11:00:18 AM
Good point.  Few make major league Satanist, so I hear. ;)
Lasha seems nice.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Kolchak on May 09, 2018, 11:14:28 AM
Young Ella gives off some serious Tanya Harding vibes.


Holy shit! No kidding. I strike previous statements. It's drugs people.

Quote from: Friday on May 09, 2018, 11:13:00 AM
And the goatie is soooo 1997
goaties are part of the big, bad and bald look

K_Dubb

I suppose there are some who might call me a fog-headed dreamer
As Ella and I lift the radio witch from her plight.
Her wrinkly robes will be smoothed now by our garment steamer,
And, wrapped up in them, she will soon see that things work out right.
Alone in the world, shed beneath cool black desert skies turning,
To succor her pain we will light a few choice votives bright;
I see, in the darkness, the dracula pumpkin still burning
As I take our big Belgian Sheepdog to pee for the night.

chefist

I watched an episode of "Paranormal Witness", or something similar, where a haunted house had jars of witch urine hid all over it... that's all I can associate with this... evidently some witches use urine in their "spells".

Kolchak

Quote from: chefist on May 09, 2018, 11:19:37 AM
I watched an episode of "Paranormal Witness", or something similar, where a haunted house had jars of witch urine hid all over it... that's all I can associate with this... evidently some witches use urine in their "spells".

Oh, yes.

Friday

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 09, 2018, 11:17:30 AM
goaties are part of the big, bad and bald look

I think it's because white guys who shave their heads and don't have facial hair look like turtles.

ItsOver

Quote from: Kolchak on May 09, 2018, 11:14:28 AM
Young Ella gives off some serious Tanya Harding vibes.


Gads, she almost looks like somebody I know.  I've been wondering why my lawn smells of sheepdog urine and I sometimes get dead dog photos in the mail.  I thought it was just junk mail from a pet cemetery.

cweb

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 11:10:10 AM
On it! LOL. I am picturing a sad doggie funeral. Like with a big poster board with pictures, a doggie casket. Then Paul gets up, walks to the front, clears his throat and begins a eulogy that brings the whole 6 people there to tears.
And then the sheepdog comes out. And they all pee. Together.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 09, 2018, 11:17:33 AM
I suppose there are some who might call me a fog-headed dreamer
As Ella and I lift the radio witch from her plight.
Her wrinkly robes will be smoothed now by our garment steamer,
And, wrapped up in them, she will soon see that things work out right.
Alone in the world, shed beneath cool black desert skies turning,
To succor her pain we will light a few choice votives bright;
I see, in the darkness, the dracula pumpkin still burning
As I take our big Belgian Sheepdog to pee for the night.
Very good.  I almost shed a Heater tear. :'(

wr250

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 09, 2018, 11:11:00 AM
I see nothing, all bald old men is somewhat in shape look the same..even me
theres good dave (looking good there Dave), then there is this guy:

bellNwhistle

Quote from: wr250 on May 09, 2018, 11:31:10 AM
theres good dave (looking good there Dave), then there is this guy:

Michael Horn looks like Martin Short’s brother 😂

AZZERAE

Quote from: Mastodonkey on May 09, 2018, 07:01:32 AM
I like Dave a lot. Just hope he has some interesting guests and not the same old boring lot.

That's the thing I'm after too, interesting guests, and most importantly for me interesting topics. This push for Midnight in the Desert to be a "paranormal" show so turns me off.

What I enjoyed so much about Art is the wide array of subjects he covered, and the chemistry he forged with the person at the other end of the phone. I feel like his later stint on Coast was the most interesting of all, as he would speak to people about things that were ... not exactly current, but rather just ideas you may not think twice about, or seemed pedestrian: The bird flu, consciousness, space, research of various kinds, a kidnapping, little known details of the life of Jesus, peripheral topical "politics", war and other stuff.

Miscellaneous? I guess, random maybe ... but THESE were the maverick intellectual muscles Art was flexing, demonstrating his ability to interview just about anyone on anything, and make it interesting - and by dissecting the bits that inspired tangential commentary.


Uncle Duke

Quote from: Azzerae on May 09, 2018, 11:35:47 AM
That's the thing I'm after too, interesting guests, and most importantly for me interesting topics. This push for Midnight in the Desert to be a "paranormal" show so turns me off.

What I enjoyed so much about Art is the wide array of subjects he covered, and the chemistry he forged with the person at the other end of the phone. I feel like his later stint on Coast was the most interesting of all, as he would speak to people about things that were ... not exactly current, but rather just ideas you may not think twice about, or seemed pedestrian: The bird flu, consciousness, space, research of various kinds, a kidnapping, little known details of the life of Jesus, peripheral topical "politics", war and other stuff.

Miscellaneous? I guess, random maybe ... but THESE were the maverick intellectual muscles Art was flexing, demonstrating his ability to interview just about anyone on anything, and make it interesting - and by dissecting the bits that inspired tangential commentary.

Bell was a fine interviewer because he was a great listener.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Azzerae on May 09, 2018, 11:35:47 AM
That's the thing I'm after too, interesting guests, and most importantly for me interesting topics. This push for Midnight in the Desert to be a "paranormal" show so turns me off.

What I enjoyed so much about Art is the wide array of subjects he covered, and the chemistry he forged with the person at the other end of the phone. I feel like his later stint on Coast was the most interesting of all, as he would speak to people about things that were ... not exactly current, but rather just ideas you may not think twice about, or seemed pedestrian: The bird flu, consciousness, space, research of various kinds, a kidnapping, little known details of the life of Jesus, peripheral topical "politics", war and other stuff.

Miscellaneous? I guess, random maybe ... but THESE were the maverick intellectual muscles Art was flexing, demonstrating his ability to interview just about anyone on anything, and make it interesting - and by dissecting the bits that inspired tangential commentary.

I poorly tried to convey that to Good Dave when he was in here yesterday, but his response was "no politics". So get used to goblins 'n such forever.

Grifynne

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 05:01:14 AM
All,
I tweeted Roland about the missing show. Hopefully we get it soon! Oh and there is a MITD Art Bell fan page with tons of gabbers.
It's Fans of Art Bell and MITD hosted by Dave Schrader. If you do the facebook thing do this group!
Incoming screen shot. This is the kind of thing that goes!

I applied and didn't get asked stupid questions! Yay! Maybe this time I will manage to not get banned.   ::)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Grifynne on May 09, 2018, 11:49:00 AM
I applied and didn't get asked stupid questions! Yay! Maybe this time I will manage to not get banned.   ::)

:-*

Kolchak

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 05:01:14 AM
All,
I tweeted Roland about the missing show. Hopefully we get it soon! Oh and there is a MITD Art Bell fan page with tons of gabbers.
It's Fans of Art Bell and MITD hosted by Dave Schrader. If you do the facebook thing do this group!
Incoming screen shot. This is the kind of thing that goes!

Ha. Heather is a member of that group.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 09, 2018, 11:44:43 AM
I poorly tried to convey that to Good Dave when he was in here yesterday, but his response was "no politics". So get used to goblins 'n such forever.

Yeah, I noticed that. Too bad he's all "Goblins n' Such", but I mean, Heather did a bit of politics and you could hear she was just parroting Art's support of Trump. Maybe Schrader knows to stick to shit he's good at.

Still though, I'm into the unusual myself, and that could include the Goblins ... the problem is no one does the Goblins like Art did - and all these knockoffs don't seem to get it! Its not the content Art happened to cover, its the way he covered it. Yet they seem to push push push this paranormal crap.

Oh well, I guess that's just what they're into. Its a pity though.

P.S. You didn't poorly convey it - I think you did a fine job of conveying it.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod