• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

20151123 - Michio Kaku - Sciencey Stuff - Live Show Chat

Started by jazmunda, November 23, 2015, 03:30:09 PM

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on November 23, 2015, 10:51:35 PM
was it this? which show?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherenkov_radiation

whoa man, too many equations on that page  :D .... it was one of his first two or three shows w/ Art I think ... can't remember the exact date, but Michio had quite a command over the early research history including one incident where a guy basically fries himself in front of his viewing audience.   ??? :-\

albrecht

Music teachers? Ha. I think they should be older, cigarette smoking maniacs. And oddly hot in a MILF way (though I didn't know that term back then.)

zeebo

Quote from: Barfly on November 23, 2015, 10:53:35 PM
Good point, i guess i just want some breakthrough announcement

There's an unspoken worry amongst physicists that the next big leap will require experiments we can't do for another hundred years.  But they gotta keep those sweet grants coming so ....  ;)

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 10:48:15 PM
Haha, sorry for my late response, I was in fact refreshing my heavy-bottomed glass of said Monkey Shoulder.   ;)  Not sure what I'm doing after.  I'm glued to this particular interview as usual though.  In previous, more halcyon days I'd jump right over to OSOM after, but lately I've been de-Hoagifying my life so not sure.   :D

Yeah, it's hard to keep up on this thread.  Horn's the second guest on C2C, so you can listen to this and then switch over for what's sure to be a tra wreck of monumental proportions!  Stay thirsty, my friend!   :D

Barfly

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 10:55:32 PM
There's an unspoken worry amongst physicists that the next big leap will require experiments we can't do for another hundred years.  But they gotta keep those sweet grants coming so ....  ;)
Exactly, our cash


zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 23, 2015, 10:56:11 PM
...Stay thirsty, my friend!   :D

RGG the world's most interesting ghost!  I've been limiting my Noorie exposure to LMH-only shows ... but I may partake as come midnite I'm a lost soul again.

xphile

What was that bumper music just now, the one right before the CC Radio commercial?

zeebo

Quote from: Barfly on November 23, 2015, 10:57:13 PM
Exactly, our cash

Don't feel bad ... alot more is wasted on alot dumber stuff!   Wait, that probably didn't help  did it.  ;D

zeebo

Where's pscyhic treadmill repairman?  I'm missing his Linus-from-Peanuts calming voice.

Juan Cena

Quote from: xphile on November 23, 2015, 10:58:48 PM
What was that bumper music just now, the one right before the CC Radio commercial?

Devil Woman by Cliff Richard.

zeebo

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 23, 2015, 11:01:05 PM
Devil Woman by Cliff Richard.

Damn I wormholed a couple good questions.  Where's my damn Wormhole Corner?   :D

Juan Cena

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 11:00:18 PM
Where's pscyhic treadmill repairman?  I'm missing his Linus-from-Peanuts calming voice.

Acid trip with Bill Walton

FLLFlash

Quote from: albrecht on November 23, 2015, 10:53:48 PM
Music teachers? Ha. I think they should be older, cigarette smoking maniacs. And oddly hot in a MILF way (though I didn't know that term back then.)

And fidget a lot?



FLLFlash

Time for me to get off this chat so I am semi-aware tomorrow just in case I decide to inflict Miami on myself. I'll probably come in off the ledge before it's too late.

Barfly

Rebooted the Cable modem Router and did a speed test, 1 MB down, FUCK COMCAST.
This shit has been going on all day

zeebo

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 23, 2015, 11:05:57 PM
Time for me to get off this chat so I am semi-aware tomorrow just in case I decide to inflict Miami on myself. I'll probably come in off the ledge before it's too late.

Keep calm and step back inside FLLF.  Another great Art show is just around the corner.   :)

zeebo

Quote from: Barfly on November 23, 2015, 11:06:38 PM
Rebooted the Cable modem Router and did a speed test, 1 MB down, FUCK COMCAST.
This shit has been going on all day

Upgrade to the Quantum Entanglement plan.

FLLFlash

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 11:06:56 PM
Keep calm and step back inside FLLF.  Another great Art show is just around the corner.   :)

Going to Miami is unpleasant. But I may do it for 5 high school BB games + admittance to Friday college BB DH (including KY). All for $13 - not bad, but a PITA to get to.

Barfly

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 11:07:36 PM
Upgrade to the Quantum Entanglement plan.
My fuckin phone is faster.
If the Quantum Entanglement plan was available here i would be in, as long as it wasn't owned by Comcrap

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Barfly on November 23, 2015, 11:06:38 PM
Rebooted the Cable modem Router and did a speed test, 1 MB down, FUCK COMCAST.
This shit has been going on all day

When I cut the cable cord I went with a smaller local internet provider. Lightning fast and way less expesnive than the big providers.



Barfly



albrecht

I'm just happy that COMCAST and TWC weren't allowed to merge..because both suck. I will also say that the Miami airport is the worst airport ever.

maren

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 23, 2015, 10:45:09 PM
Yes!  It's just about the most euphoric sensation I'be ever experienced.  Too bad it happens only when I'm sleeping!

I know!  But what's so interesting, is that I can feel the sensation, I can feel what it takes to lift off -- it's like I should be able to do it when I'm awake, but of course... :-\


Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod