• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

pate

Damn commercial-fest.

ZaZa

Quote from: pate on November 26, 2018, 12:43:22 AM
Damn commercial-fest.

But at least Good George is in between them.
I feel sorry for those who listen when Dumb George is on during week days and have the same load of commercials.
Pure slaughter of senses. I'm glad I stopped listening to him almost two years ago.

ZaZa

For his age Bob has very strong energetic voice.

Norm

Quote from: ZaZa on November 26, 2018, 01:02:10 AM
But at least Good George is in between them.
I feel sorry for those who listen when Dumb George is on during week days and have the same load of commercials.
Pure slaughter of senses. I'm glad I stopped listening to him almost two years ago.

Same here, I can deal with the crapload of commercials when George Knapp is hosting. Noory doesn't get any of my listening time unless he has a very worthwhile guest. I remember when Art quit and Premier came to visit him willing to offer a huge figure to entice Art to return. Art said no, he didn't need the money but wanted less commercials. Premier agreed and Art returned but when Noory took over the extra junk commercials came back.

ItsOver

Quote from: Norm on November 26, 2018, 03:26:15 AM
Same here, I can deal with the crapload of commercials when George Knapp is hosting. Noory doesn't get any of my listening time unless he has a very worthwhile guest. I remember when Art quit and Premier came to visit him willing to offer a huge figure to entice Art to return. Art said no, he didn't need the money but wanted less commercials. Premier agreed and Art returned but when Noory took over the extra junk commercials came back.
It seems the same with many things.  Most daytime radio talk shows have an unbelievable number of commercials now.  I'm a fan of college football but have about given up on watching it real time.  It's become a commercial festival, interrupted briefly by football.  I've started DVR'ing games so I can fast forward through all the damn crap.  A 3 to 4 hour games shrinks down to around 2 hours or less.  Plus, today's commercials absolutely suck for entertainment value.

Gd5150

Made it through Knapp’s intro. Will listen to the Lazar content tonight utilizing my “insider” access.

https://youtu.be/3uxWnNVZGQQ

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on November 26, 2018, 05:10:38 AM
It seems the same with many things.  Most daytime radio talk shows have an unbelievable number of commercials now.  I'm a fan of college football but have about given up on watching it real time.  It's become a commercial festival, interrupted briefly by football.  I've started DVR'ing games so I can fast forward through all the damn crap.  A 3 to 4 hour games shrinks down to around 2 hours or less.  Plus, today's commercials absolutely suck for entertainment value.

Ditto all of the above. And NFL games are worse because every single damned touchdown has to have a choreographed dance routine for the TeeVee cameras afterward. Unless you're white.

White guys just act like they've been there before. Not like a flock of childish magpies. :-\

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 26, 2018, 12:43:14 PM
Ditto all of the above. And NFL games are worse because every single damned touchdown has to have a choreographed dance routine for the TeeVee cameras afterward. Unless you're white.

White guys just act like they've been there before. Not like a flock of childish magpies. :-\
Ha!  True, dat.  I gave up on the NFL quite some time ago.

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsOver on November 26, 2018, 12:57:00 PM
Ha!  True, dat.  I gave up on the NFL quite some time ago.

It’s rare I care about who wins these days. But fantasy has changed football. So much more enjoyable. And the coverage provided by fantasy analyst podcasts focuses entirely on the game on the field, the players and their stats. The superficial media created crap is ignored. As are the stupid ass celebration skits. It’s great.

If not for fantasy/Vegas the sport itself is done.

Gd5150

What’s funny about the Lazar story, it’s coming up on the 30th anniversary. In 30 years there hasn’t been anyone else to pull a Lazar. That’s pretty odd. No one?

Jackstar

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 26, 2018, 01:11:57 PM
In 30 years there hasn’t been anyone else to pull a Lazar. That’s pretty odd. No one?

He's still alive and clearly still following orders--why would They need another one?

pate

I fell asleep, I believe shortly after Lazar finally got on air.  Seemed like from the 1 hour run-up to Lazar it was basically going to be a 4-hour commercial for some forthcoming documentary about the guy.

Did I miss anything spectacular?

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on November 26, 2018, 11:13:45 PM

I fell asleep during the fifty-third commercial, so I'm not one to know.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 25, 2018, 11:37:23 PM
Oh boy, another limited hangout, I can hardly wait!!!

My experience was all that I had hoped for.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: pate on November 26, 2018, 11:13:45 PM
I fell asleep, I believe shortly after Lazar finally got on air.  Seemed like from the 1 hour run-up to Lazar it was basically going to be a 4-hour commercial for some forthcoming documentary about the guy.

It was more a four hour continuous bait & switch commercial for Corbell's upcoming film than a good interview.  The discussion on any number of points went so far, then Corbell would say, "Buy the film to find out." Corbell has always struck me as a bit of a flim-flam artist, and Knapp drops all pretense of being an objective journalist with his UFO guests, especially Lazar and Lear.  At one point Corbell just flat said he didn't care about the things Lazar has lied about, it's his story that's important.  Corbell also showed he has less knowledge of chemistry than the average 7th grader, he talked about isotopes like they were some recent Nobel Prize level discovery. 

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on November 26, 2018, 11:08:45 PM
He's still alive and clearly still following orders--why would They need another one?

Sound observation. :-X

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 27, 2018, 04:17:03 PM
It was more a four hour continuous bait & switch commercial for Corbell's upcoming film than a good interview.  The discussion on any number of points went so far, then Corbell would say, "Buy the film to find out." Corbell has always struck me as a bit of a flim-flam artist, and Knapp drops all pretense of being an objective journalist with his UFO guests, especially Lazar and Lear.  At one point Corbell just flat said he didn't care about the things Lazar has lied about, it's his story that's important.  Corbell also showed he has less knowledge of chemistry than the average 7th grader, he talked about isotopes like they were some recent Nobel Prize level discovery.

I had high hopes...but was disappointed too.

AZZERAE

Corbell's got the best gay lisp in the UFO community - I'll give him that. Runner up: Alejandro Rojas, third place Dr. J.

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on December 05, 2018, 12:46:22 PM
Corbell's got the best gay lisp of the UFO community - I'll give him that. Runner up: Alejandro Rojas, third place Dr. J.

Lol Rojas...lol!

;)

ItsOver

LMH on with Knapp this Sunday.  I guess Jorch won't get to play some creeper music and catch up on his sleep for Feb.   ;D

Sunday - February 17, 2019
HOST
George Knapp
GUESTS
Linda Moulton Howe,    Nick Redfern
First Half: Linda Moulton Howe is one of only a handful of professional journalists to tackle topics like cattle mutilation, crop circles, alien abductions, and UFO cover-ups seriously. She’s no stranger to Coast to Coast AM â€" from her early epic programs in the ‘90s with Art Bell to her regular monthly visits with George Noory today. She’ll join George Knapp for the first time in C2C history for a retrospective look back on her career, her sweeping involvement in mysterious subjects, and the unique vantage point she has gained covering these topics for so long. She’ll discuss her time as a TV news reporter, her solo work on government secrets, and new revelations about the Bentwaters Incident (where a series of radar and visual contacts were made with unidentified flying objects) and the AATIP program which proved the US government is still researching UFOs.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on February 15, 2019, 02:47:33 PM
LMH on with Knapp this Sunday.  I guess Jorch won't get to play some creeper music and catch up on his sleep for Feb.   ;D

HOST
George Knapp
GUESTS
First Half: Linda Moulton Howe is one of only a handful of professional journalists to tackle topics like cattle mutilation, crop circles, alien abductions, and UFO cover-ups seriously. She’s no stranger to Coast to Coast AM â€" from her early epic programs in the ‘90s with Art Bell to her regular monthly visits with George Noory today. She’ll join George Knapp for the first time in C2C history for a retrospective look back on her career, her sweeping involvement in mysterious subjects, and the unique vantage point she has gained covering these topics for so long. She’ll discuss her time as a TV news reporter, her solo work on government secrets, and new revelations about the Bentwaters Incident (where a series of radar and visual contacts were made with unidentified flying objects) and the AATIP program which proved the US government is still researching UFOs.

There'll be some mutual backslapping in that one.

AvDaBr

Quote from: ItsOver on February 15, 2019, 02:47:33 PM

HOST
George Knapp
GUESTS

That sounds like a good show in the making.  As long as LMH can lay off the climate apocalypse stuff, she's a good listen in my view- gullible as she may be at times.  Redfern is always solid. 

Morgus

Sounds like a replay show, must be a problem at Knapp's studio tonight... :o

From twitter:
George Knapp
‏ @g_knapp
Hi everyone Sorry but we have a technical issue. The phone line connection is down. Will keep trying to connect but it looks like we will have to reschedule Linda Howe and Nick Redfern. An earlier recorded program will air instead. Apologies.

Quote from: Morgus on February 18, 2019, 12:13:16 AM

From twitter:
George Knapp
‏ @g_knapp
Hi everyone Sorry but we have a technical issue. The phone line connection is down. Will keep trying to connect but it looks like we will have to reschedule Linda Howe and Nick Redfern. An earlier recorded program will air instead. Apologies.

Thanks Morgus!  I figured Snoory had put the axe to the interview because Linda is his girl and not Knapp's. 

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Morgus on February 18, 2019, 12:13:16 AM

From twitter:
George Knapp
‏ @g_knapp

Thanks for that, Morgus. I was set to record the Mouldy Cow retrospective and picked up George hoping everyone had a good Easter break! Seems to be a repeat of a show about the Old West. Butch & Sundance, Wild Bunch et al. I wondered what was up: figured maybe Bad George had had a hissy over Good George stealing his gal Linda.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on February 18, 2019, 12:25:12 AM

Thanks Morgus!  I figured Snoory had put the axe to the interview because Linda is his girl and not Knapp's.

Lol! While I was typing! All great minds....

Morgus

That was my first thought as well!  ;D

ItsOver

Yep.  Maybe Jorch will have Tommee spin this for a bumper tonight. ;)

http://youtu.be/YqB50JG2aIE

NoMoreNoory

Joorch commented on it at the top of the show tonight. Just that the 'broadcast signal' went down and 'we' had to put an old show on, like he would have been aware of it. No mention of the LMH retrospective, or that GK has said he'll reschedule it.

AZZERAE

Its confirmed. Noory's muscling Knapp out of the hot seat, only this time beave is involved.

Its a repeat performance of the Paulides fiasco (similar but different). I'm sure some among you remember that.

ItsOver

Quote from: Azzerae on February 20, 2019, 03:20:53 PM
Its confirmed. Noory's muscling Knapp out of the hot seat, only this time beave is involved.

Its a repeat performance of the Paulides fiasco (similar but different). I'm sure some among you remember that.
You mean when Jorch poached Paulides from Knapp?