• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 07:13:24 AM

Quote from: Art Bell on November 24, 2013, 06:06:44 PM
The idea is simple, Keith is doing the heavy lifting. Simply provide a place where people who
want to do a Paranormal show can do it for free and it can be heard for free. A way to keep the
Web Site alive and provide a service for both Hosts who want to give it a try and a place where
the listener can encounter new ideas

If and when the time comes that I can go back on air, I will do so there. I hope it grows like crazy,
like most things it is just a idea, we shall see where it goes. Much as I love it, I am not the only game
in town and even if I can not stream there now, it can be a starting place for the next great Broadcaster.
Feel free to give it a shot. We live in a time where just a few companys control everything.

                                                                                                                       Art                                                                     
This is a good idea. Sort of an "open sourced" Internet broadcast network. But, how do the producers of the new programs monetize their efforts? I would imagine that, in order to get the network's quality to a professional level, there would have to be some kind of cooperative revenue sharing. Will Art's people sell advertising across the network? Will Art just imitate the "Ariana Huffington" model and expect all of the content producers to go onto his website/network for free? For the "exposure?" Just wondering if anyone has really thought this through as a business model?
Your thoughts?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on November 25, 2013, 07:19:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone has really thought this through as a business model?
Your thoughts?

Nobody has discussed this, at least not with me. I think at this point we're just having fun and seeing what works... at least that's how I see it.

nika01

Quote from: MV on November 25, 2013, 07:40:23 AM
Nobody has discussed this, at least not with me. I think at this point we're just having fun and seeing what works... at least that's how I see it.

If money gets involved in excess of real expenses it will turn into poison unless there is really an altruistic structure set up ahead of time.

Quote from: MV on November 25, 2013, 07:40:23 AM
Nobody has discussed this, at least not with me. I think at this point we're just having fun and seeing what works... at least that's how I see it.
Cool. But, if successful, at some point money will have to be discussed. I don't mean a paycheck, I'm talking about each program selling advertising during the broadcast and/or on the various host's websites. There is a good possibility that being on Art Bell's Internet radio network will drive huge numbers of eyeballs to each program's website. This is a good thing, so hosts should be considering affiliate links and paid ads on their sites. Look at Rense's network, or AJ, or Free Talk Live - good examples of monetizing independent Internet radio.
Remember, Art was told by SiriusXM to just get on the air and "have fun." And, we all know how that worked out...

Falkie2013





Here $noorge $noory presents the paranormal newzzzz.

The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Presents $noorge $noory's Paranormal Newzzzz !!! ...


The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Presents $noorge $noory's Paranormal Newzzzz !!! ...   


[attachment deleted by admin]


Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 25, 2013, 08:35:09 AM



Here $noorge $noory presents the paranormal newzzzz.

The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Presents $noorge $noory's Paranormal Newzzzz !!! ...


The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Presents $noorge $noory's Paranormal Newzzzz !!! ...

If that's you Falkie I'd think again before parodying anyone. Seriously. Glass houses and all that.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 25, 2013, 08:35:09 AM



Here $noorge $noory presents the paranormal newzzzz.

The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Presents $noorge $noory's Paranormal Newzzzz !!! ...


The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Presents $noorge $noory's Paranormal Newzzzz !!! ...

Plain strange.

Xitheron

Quote from: Ghost Gab on November 25, 2013, 04:56:06 AM
I use castblaster for my audio show and I wonder what he used to create this?

Cubase

Uncle Duke

OK, too good to not post here:

Went to Sam's Club this morning to stock up for Thanksgiving.  Severals ladies preparing and handing out food samples, heard one of them say to a customer, "Be careful, these are very hot".  Looked around to see her holding a small tray of, you guessed it,  Pizza Rolls.  Got a chuckle out if that.

georgesucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 25, 2013, 10:44:46 AM
OK, too good to not post here:

Went to Sam's Club this morning to stock up for Thanksgiving.  Severals ladies preparing and handing out food samples, heard one of them say to a customer, "Be careful, these are very hot".  Looked around to see her holding a small tray of, you guessed it,  Pizza Rolls.  Got a chuckle out if that.
I love pizza rolls. We should pool our money together and buy some for our "BFF" George Noory. ;)

plumwalrus

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 25, 2013, 08:35:09 AM
The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Presents $noorge $noory's Paranormal Newzzzz !!! ...

  Falkie, thank you for your video entertainment while I avoid looking at the Countdown clock!


Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 25, 2013, 10:44:46 AM
OK, too good to not post here:

Went to Sam's Club this morning to stock up for Thanksgiving.  Severals ladies preparing and handing out food samples, heard one of them say to a customer, "Be careful, these are very hot".  Looked around to see her holding a small tray of, you guessed it,  Pizza Rolls.  Got a chuckle out if that.

This made me laugh.  I understand that the samplers would have to say that.  CYA and all.   :)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Xitheron on November 25, 2013, 02:56:00 AM
Quantum Radio interviews Art Bell

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/fuu0a9uagrdv5g7/Quantum%20Radio%20Interviews%20Art%20Bell.mp3

A producer friend of mine did this...
All in good fun..no offense to anyone here intended.
--Language warning though--

Thanks, well done indeed!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on November 25, 2013, 07:40:23 AM
Nobody has discussed this, at least not with me. I think at this point we're just having fun and seeing what works... at least that's how I see it.


Are you going to broaden your topics to include a lot more paranormal stuff?  If you do an EVP show you could just play clips of George Noory and claim you made recordings in a graveyard at night.  The quality and coherency is indistinguishable.  "How arrrre yyeeeou?" 

nika01

Quote from: WhiteCrow on November 25, 2013, 11:23:07 AM
Thanks, well done indeed!


Complete waste of time. Stupid, and not very well done at all.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: nika01 on November 25, 2013, 12:51:17 PM

Complete waste of time. Stupid, and not very well done at all.


You remind me of my 2nd grade teacher.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Xitheron on November 25, 2013, 02:56:00 AM
Quantum Radio interviews Art Bell

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/fuu0a9uagrdv5g7/Quantum%20Radio%20Interviews%20Art%20Bell.mp3

A producer friend of mine did this...
All in good fun..no offense to anyone here intended.
--Language warning though--

*well deserved round of applause*

"Yuur gonna be.....the next.....Carl Sagan".  Out shot the Diet Pepsi through my nose.

munbeam666

Quote from: c337pilot on November 25, 2013, 10:59:15 AM
I love pizza rolls. We should pool our money together and buy some for our "BFF" George Noory. ;)
I can't have pizza rolls. Unless they have a gluten free variety

whatatrip

Quote from: MV on November 25, 2013, 07:40:23 AM
Nobody has discussed this, at least not with me. I think at this point we're just having fun and seeing what works... at least that's how I see it.

I'm certainly interested in trying other shows but I like to listen at my convenience. That is why l would like to listen to shows "on demand" instead of real time. I pay yearly for C2C and have since 2001 which is long before AB left. I have no complaints with C2C other than the host and some of his guests. The quality of the streaming is consistent and good.

While I like Dreamland, the quality is such that I am not willing to pay for it as yet but it is possible in the future. Uneven volume levels was my main complaint on quality. If the audio quality was good enough, I might give a subscriptions a try. Dark Matter could possibly partner with the like minded.

It would be nice if other shows who want to use Art Bell's Dark Matter website as a place to "show their goods" also had on demand available so potential customers could try out the goods. Tracking access would indicate interest in a particular show and give some indication of financial feasibility.

I was a business owner for years and my model included giving a potential customer a sample order of what would be worth $100 today. If he could sell it in his store and wanted to carry the product he could pay for the order and reorder. At the end of 30 days I didn't hear from the potential customer, I would call him. If he couldn't sell it in his store or didn't want to carry the product, I called it even and he didn't have to pay for the product or shipping. It worked out very good.

PathoJen

I love Art Bell, but I must say I was kind of sad to see him get so mad at a Bell Gabber the other day. I just always pictured Art as too busy, too interesting, to care about the comments of a few critical people.

Quote from: PathoJen on November 25, 2013, 01:36:16 PM
I love Art Bell, but I must say I was kind of sad to see him get so mad at a Bell Gabber the other day. I just always pictured Art as too busy, too interesting, to care about the comments of a few critical people.

I wouldn't consider holding a cat and sitting on ham all day 'busy'.

PathoJen

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 25, 2013, 01:40:41 PM
I wouldn't consider holding a cat and sitting on ham all day 'busy'.

Well, like I said, I always PICTURED him busy, and interesting.

WR104

Quote from: PathoJen on November 25, 2013, 01:36:16 PM
I love Art Bell, but I must say I was kind of sad to see him get so mad at a Bell Gabber the other day. I just always pictured Art as too busy, too interesting, to care about the comments of a few critical people.

I saw this happen in real time and it felt like the scene in the saloon when everbody clears out under the tables and behind doors.  My own take on this is that Art has taken a lot of 'crap' over the sxm demise.  I can't speak for Art but my interpetation is he really cares about his radio show (kind like it is his baby) and the poster just sent him over the edge.  I'm glad to see he is passionate about this and not indifferent.

Asking for a face to face with Dark Penguin was hilarious though. I don't know if Art has thought far enough ahead about ad dollars if people actually respond to the stream on his website but I expect a whole bunch of Bob Crane radio equipment regardless.   

PathoJen

Quote from: WR104 on November 25, 2013, 01:49:53 PM
I saw this happen in real time and it felt like the scene in the saloon when everbody clears out under the tables and behind doors.  My own take on this is that Art has taken a lot of 'crap' over the sxm demise.  I can't speak for Art but my interpetation is he really cares about his radio show (kind like it is his baby) and the poster just sent him over the edge.  I'm glad to see he is passionate about this and not indifferent.

Ya, I suppose at that point, he'd had enough. But, I was still disappointed when I saw his posts.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PathoJen on November 25, 2013, 01:53:36 PM
Ya, I suppose at that point, he'd had enough. But, I was still disappointed when I saw his posts.

nah, art's a man like anyone else, and we all have our limits when it comes to dealing with idiocy.  i think the guy attacking his wife probably didn't help matters.

WR104

Quote from: PathoJen on November 25, 2013, 01:53:36 PM
Ya, I suppose at that point, he'd had enough. But, I was still disappointed when I saw his posts.

I can understand that.  I will add that that Art's response was a lot more real than anything I ever got from Sirius as far as the show cacnellation.  When I complained to Sirius the day after DM stopped it was all canned, polite and sterile corporate responses like the one we saw from Jen "We're sorry that the program has been cancelled, etc" - heck the person at Sirius I talked to didn't even know who Art Bell was.  At least Art is not a robot.  But yeah probably best if he just focuses on the positive comments.

Meanandnasty

I thought Mr. Bell was feisty in his responses.

It reminded me of that scene in Breaking Bad where Walt and Skyler argue about the kids after the pool incident.

What are you going to do? What, are you going to run off to France? Are you going to close the curtains, change the locks? This is a joke. Come on, Skyler! You want to take me on? You want to take away my children? What's the plan?!


Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 25, 2013, 01:40:41 PM
I wouldn't consider holding a cat and sitting on ham all day 'busy'.

This doesn't sound very hygienic to me.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod