• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 07:13:24 AM

Can I stress how much of a dolt Art sounded like when he actually complained about C2C on Sirius/XM, as if he had any bargaining power at all? So what if the show sucks, did you make a demand that TMZ Live be wiped from Indie 104 because they weren't up to your lofty expectations as a lead-in? It's so silly. If you had handled this with one ounce of tact, Art, you would still be with Dark Matter with a live stream on your website. Management just saw you as more trouble than you were worth, which is why George Noory has a "lifetime contract" with Premiere - he's reliable and safe and you are not.   


I agree the think more than likely sirius would agree to a settlement if Art pushed the legal avenue. If not fight the good fight man.

nika01

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 04:48:35 PM
Can I stress how much of a dolt Art sounded like when he actually complained about C2C on Sirius/XM, as if he had any bargaining power at all? So what if the show sucks, did you make a demand that TMZ Live be wiped from Indie 104 because they weren't up to your lofty expectations as a lead-in? It's so silly. If you had handled this with one ounce of tact, Art, you would still be with Dark Matter with a live stream on your website. Management just saw you as more trouble than you were worth, which is why George Noory has a "lifetime contract" with Premiere - he's reliable and safe and you are not.

Hey if you cant say anything positive......

lightningline

Quote from: nika01 on November 21, 2013, 04:42:23 PM
Look y'all. When this debacle started, Art was going to resign to his fate. Then , I believe, all the faithful started chiming in and he changed his mind.

I say we try to raise the money and see what happens. I will pay not to have to listen to the other channel ever again

I would gladly pitch a franklin or two to help out..I know it isn't much but with a lot of us helping.

Upgreyed

I haven't been a member of this forum for very long, but during this time I have acted with class and refrained from cussing or arguing with Trolls....so ,

FUCK SHIT FUCK.  THIS IS FUCKED UP.  ASS MUNCHING SIRIUS FUCKTARDS I HOPE YOUR HOLIDAYS SUCK.   EAT ME!

Back after this commercial break...

bateman

Well, my heart just sank. It's gonna be a long 2 years, Art.

Quote from: lightningline on November 21, 2013, 04:50:06 PM
I would gladly pitch a franklin or two to help out..I know it isn't much but with a lot of us helping.

Art has the money, we would help though if he wanted. But i doubt art wants that.... Come on are if you want on the Air like you say you do. fight the NC

nika01

Quote from: lightningline on November 21, 2013, 04:50:06 PM
I would gladly pitch a franklin or two to help out..I know it isn't much but with a lot of us helping.

exactly.... all that is needed is an honest mechanism to collect the legal fund

BobBlahBlah

Ahhh shit! Well, I'm definitely not renewing my sirius radio sub in June. I think another protest is in order. I'll also enjoy it when they go out of business when they do in the future. May those bastards lose millions and millions!

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on November 21, 2013, 04:51:12 PM
Well, my heart just sank. It's gonna be a long 2 years, Art.

Obviously you had the right idea earlier today, bateman.  Time to get smashed. 
Fucking shit, mang.   >:(

I'm still not even positive after reading and re-reading arts post he isnt going to fight the NC.
The way he posted it, it is sort of a judgement call on his intention of the meaning.

Quote from: bateman on November 21, 2013, 04:51:12 PM
Well, my heart just sank. It's gonna be a long 2 years, Art.
Can we go back to calling Noory now?

nika01

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 21, 2013, 04:53:08 PM
I'm still not even positive after reading and re-reading arts post he isnt going to fight the NC.
The way he posted it, it is sort of a judgement call on his intention of the meaning.

Yes, testing the level of support. Sad to say nothing but a bunch of quitters so far. mostly


retired41

I'm in for a hundie   mr.bell  more if needed.

George Drooly

Art -- two thoughts.

1. Which is more expensive: Paying legal fees to attempt to get out of the non-compete, or simply buying out the contract? Is the latter even possible?

2. What's to keep you from recording shows for the next two years, and simply not broadcasting them until the non-compete is up? Obviously these would be guest interviews without callers... though of course you could get callers if you name the time and place to call, even if the callers can't listen.

Jackstar

Quote from: Art Bell on November 21, 2013, 04:17:41 PMHe was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive

Q: Why does a divorce cost so much?

A: Because it is worth it.


See you whenever, Art. Namaste.



munbeam666

Let's start the Freeartbell campaign again!!!!!

nika01

Quote from: retired41 on November 21, 2013, 04:56:19 PM
I'm in for a hundie   mr.bell  more if needed.

I will 10X that. I think what might work is a PayPal button on his web page. So everyone knows what its for and where its going.


Bart Ell

Art -

Thanks for reminding us what real radio is all about. Dark Matter was everything I could have asked for, even if it ended way too quickly.

#FreeArtBell

popple

SiriusXM is a big old Gnoory.

They have no intentions of ever actually updating their crap stream or trying to improve because they think it's OK enough. They're trying to coast, if you will. They'll make promises about how they'll get around to it and want to be better etc. They don't have a clue what they're doing in this streaming media area. It's a real shame because DM was an incredible quality show.

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 04:48:35 PM
Can I stress how much of a dolt Art sounded like when he actually complained about C2C on Sirius/XM, as if he had any bargaining power at all? So what if the show sucks, did you make a demand that TMZ Live be wiped from Indie 104 because they weren't up to your lofty expectations as a lead-in? It's so silly. If you had handled this with one ounce of tact, Art, you would still be with Dark Matter with a live stream on your website. Management just saw you as more trouble than you were worth, which is why George Noory has a "lifetime contract" with Premiere - he's reliable and safe and you are not.

Quote from: nika01 on November 21, 2013, 04:50:02 PM
Hey if you cant say anything positive......

It's the truth and needed to be said. Premiere did cause this collapse of Dark Matter, only it wasn't through direct manipulation - all of the trouble stemmed from Art's obsession with crushing his competitor rather than being solely focused on creating an entertaining show four times a week. Sadly, it doesn't seem like his mindset will change in two years which is why his next endeavor will fail as well. Learn from this, reflect on the mistakes you made while under Sirius/XM, Art, and let go of the anger from the past. You'll be better for it.     

bateman

Quote from: Bart Ell on November 21, 2013, 05:02:52 PM
Art -

Thanks for reminding us what real radio is all about. Dark Matter was everything I could have asked for, even if it ended way too quickly.

#FreeArtBell

This about sums it up for me. Art, you were as good, or better than you were in "your prime". Dark Matter was appointment radio.

FUCK. Well, time for that other half a bottle of Cabernet.

:(

Rockaria

I propose a bake sale to raise legal funds.

Art -- something tells me you won't have to wait 1 3/4 years. Call me psychic.

George Drooly

No offense to those talking about donating to Art's legal costs, but you are suckers. I wish Art the best, and want to hear him on air as much as all of you, but I guarantee he is wealthier than most of us combined, and I'm increasingly weary of the rich and powerful (Spike Lee, Zack Braff, etc.) using Kickstarter, etc. and otherwise begging the working class to fund their vanity projects.


Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod