• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 07:13:24 AM

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 21, 2013, 09:18:42 AM
Excuse me, but there's are reasons why we've never gotten married and I'm not going to tell you or anyone why.
And I'm way past 40 or 50. However, like the couple who lives in separate houses but are quite happy together on the same property, we live apart because both of us are too set in their ways to change now.
There was a time when I went through the whole process of getting the ring early on and proposing.
But she didn't know me well enough then.
I got sick 5 years ago and can no longer work due to health issues and mobility issues and because I got robbed 3x at gunpoint at work and quit working before I got ill and couldn't work.
I would gladly work if I could.
I have someone on line on another forum who followed me here and started attacking me here for not working. He hates the faxt that I am a conservative as well as the fact that I get government disability and acts as if it comes out of HIS pocket. He's been attacking me for 12 years and I'm tired of it.
As for my not being able to afford a car, when you've not worked for that long and live on a disabled income, there's not enough money to buy a new car. When I was able to work, I did have working vehicles but haven't driven for 5 years due to a overeager DMV employee who reported false information and had my license suspended. There was no reason for me to fight it since I no longer had a car of my own. I'm in the process of getting my license back but my bad knee limits my ability to drive for long distances.
But that's why we bought the Prius and once both our credit is better eventually both of us will jointly buy a newer car than the one we had and maybe a new car in about 2 years or so. I've had one new car in my life and it was a lemon.
The woman is the love of my life and she's happy with me. That should be all that counts. Everyone who knows us or sees us thinks we're married because we act like an old married couple. We can't live in the same house with each other because she wants to do stuff her way, I do my way and each of us has different ideas as to how to do things.
But she comes over a couple of times a week. Hugs me all the time. We go out and enjoy being with each other.
That's what's important to us. Marriage is up to here and we have discussed it. But its not that important to us.
When we met each other it was love at first sight even when at times we broke up, we always got back together.
I love the woman even though at times she drives me nuts.
Apology accepted.
Kindly try not to attack people on here without realizing that not everyone is leading the same life as you.
That's a nice story, thanks for sharing it. Life can sure suck too. Nobody gets through life unscathed. You should know I, and everyone, has good times as well as bad. A good thing to remember is that the only thing we take to our graves, is our experiences. All of us die flat assed broke.
Regarding the GF- good for you ducking the bullet. I'm married and wish I could live in separate houses. Sounds like a dream.

Ravenna

Quote from: maren on November 21, 2013, 08:31:38 AM
I think you're right, Ravenna.  Last I looked, he hasn't even logged on since the 15th with his post asking us to cease and desist flooding Sirius w/Free Art Bell stuff.  Prior to that he was logged on a lot.  I'm thinking he got the cease and desist from his attorney(s), too. 

I'm hoping it doesn't come to a lawsuit, but that Sirius just says "oh, go ahead" and the next announcement will be "I'm baaaaaack". 

There was a BellGabber who posted he was going to represent Art.  I don't recall who that was, but I don't think I've seen him around, either.  Don't know if that was bullshit, of course, but makes you wonder...

I just can't see Sirius saying, "Oh, go ahead."  Probably in large part due to the fact that if Art does have an online show, streaming on his website live at a particular time, that for that block of time some Sirius listeners would be listening to Art's show rather than to any Sirius shows.  However, at the same time, since Sirius doesn't seem to depend on "ratings" for making money, but on "subscribers," I wonder if people listening to Art's show once to four times a week, would really dent their bottom line very much.  After all, the subscribers they were going to lose due to Art leaving Sirius, I'm sure they've already lost.

This page will come to an end in 5 days...

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: cmotors on November 21, 2013, 04:01:43 AM
So what meds are you currently on?
Or on and not taking?  Sounds like maybe the script ran out...didn't  get to, the doc or CVS right away...?

maren

Quote from: Ravenna on November 21, 2013, 09:30:44 AM
I just can't see Sirius saying, "Oh, go ahead."  Probably in large part due to the fact that if Art does have an online show, streaming on his website live at a particular time, that for that block of time some Sirius listeners would be listening to Art's show rather than to any Sirius shows.  However, at the same time, since Sirius doesn't seem to depend on "ratings" for making money, but on "subscribers," I wonder if people listening to Art's show once to four times a week, would really dent their bottom line very much.  After all, the subscribers they were going to lose due to Art leaving Sirius, I'm sure they've already lost.

Yeah, I don't see Sirius just letting it slide, either.  It was just my fantasy.   :)  Art has said he wouldn't be live during the time they're airing Noory, but not sure that would sway them.  He DOES have a point that they're doing, with C2C, exactly what Art proposed and they vetoed.  But corporations can do what they want if they have your signature on the contract.  It's no skin off their nose to hold him to his non-compete, so don't know what it would take to make them budge.  Sigh.   :(

BobBlahBlah

Quote from: Ravenna on November 21, 2013, 09:30:44 AM
I just can't see Sirius saying, "Oh, go ahead."  Probably in large part due to the fact that if Art does have an online show, streaming on his website live at a particular time, that for that block of time some Sirius listeners would be listening to Art's show rather than to any Sirius shows.  However, at the same time, since Sirius doesn't seem to depend on "ratings" for making money, but on "subscribers," I wonder if people listening to Art's show once to four times a week, would really dent their bottom line very much.  After all, the subscribers they were going to lose due to Art leaving Sirius, I'm sure they've already lost.

You've got to think that something is better than nothing, which is where Sirius stands with Art Bell fans. I can guarantee that nobody listens to Sirius 104 right now. That channel is a joke. They'd be doing themselves a favour by putting something on there that could and should at the very least get their name out to new subscribers. Looks like they don't care at the moment, and that pisses me off.

Quote from: Ravenna on November 21, 2013, 09:30:44 AM
I just can't see Sirius saying, "Oh, go ahead."  Probably in large part due to the fact that if Art does have an online show, streaming on his website live at a particular time, that for that block of time some Sirius listeners would be listening to Art's show rather than to any Sirius shows.  However, at the same time, since Sirius doesn't seem to depend on "ratings" for making money, but on "subscribers," I wonder if people listening to Art's show once to four times a week, would really dent their bottom line very much.  After all, the subscribers they were going to lose due to Art leaving Sirius, I'm sure they've already lost.

We don't know how their talks are going but Art pulling back on #freeartbell and staying quiet is a positive sign. Dark Matter was already pulled from the lineup after Art walked, so there's no need to rush back into a deal, let them take their time with it so there aren't any issues should he return. I'm sure they'll go over live streaming on the website, ad revenue and where the back catalogue will be available (OnDemand, Art's website or both) all with a fine tooth comb this time around. 

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 21, 2013, 09:18:42 AM
Excuse me, but there's are reasons why we've never gotten married and I'm not going to tell you or anyone why.
And I'm way past 40 or 50. However, like the couple who lives in separate houses but are quite happy together on the same property, we live apart because both of us are too set in their ways to change now.
There was a time when I went through the whole process of getting the ring early on and proposing.
But she didn't know me well enough then.
I got sick 5 years ago and can no longer work due to health issues and mobility issues and because I got robbed 3x at gunpoint at work and quit working before I got ill and couldn't work.
I would gladly work if I could.
I have someone on line on another forum who followed me here and started attacking me here for not working. He hates the faxt that I am a conservative as well as the fact that I get government disability and acts as if it comes out of HIS pocket. He's been attacking me for 12 years and I'm tired of it.
As for my not being able to afford a car, when you've not worked for that long and live on a disabled income, there's not enough money to buy a new car. When I was able to work, I did have working vehicles but haven't driven for 5 years due to a overeager DMV employee who reported false information and had my license suspended. There was no reason for me to fight it since I no longer had a car of my own. I'm in the process of getting my license back but my bad knee limits my ability to drive for long distances.
But that's why we bought the Prius and once both our credit is better eventually both of us will jointly buy a newer car than the one we had and maybe a new car in about 2 years or so. I've had one new car in my life and it was a lemon.
The woman is the love of my life and she's happy with me. That should be all that counts. Everyone who knows us or sees us thinks we're married because we act like an old married couple. We can't live in the same house with each other because she wants to do stuff her way, I do my way and each of us has different ideas as to how to do things.
But she comes over a couple of times a week. Hugs me all the time. We go out and enjoy being with each other.
That's what's important to us. Marriage is up to here and we have discussed it. But its not that important to us.
When we met each other it was love at first sight even when at times we broke up, we always got back together.
I love the woman even though at times she drives me nuts.
Apology accepted.
Kindly try not to attack people on here without realizing that not everyone is leading the same life as you.



Falkie...you shouldn't  feel like you have to explain anything to anyone, especially nut jobs who come here solely for their own enjoyment and break balls just to say they're sorry...until they get you to open up like you just did and break your balls some more and twist the knife again...fuck them pally...ignore them...not worth the effort of  an explanation .
Btw...is your car able to run...can you drive it? 

Jackstar

I wish Art Bell were on Alex Jones' network. Call me a dreamer.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 21, 2013, 09:57:02 AM
I wish Art Bell were on Alex Jones' network. Call me a dreamer.

Alex Jones is a blowhard idiot that Art should have nothing to do with.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on November 21, 2013, 09:57:02 AM
I wish Art Bell were on Alex Jones' network. Call me a dreamer.

Reply 17 million..

Art Bell quits Dark Matter..the end.  ;D

DesertFox

Quote from: Jackstar on November 21, 2013, 09:57:02 AM
I wish Art Bell were on Alex Jones' network. Call me a dreamer.



Alex Jones is a tool.

maren

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 10:01:01 AM
Alex Jones is a blowhard idiot that Art should have nothing to do with.

Amen!

Textor

Meh, I'm stuck in a loud, cold room right now...

Almost as if this server room wants to embody this thread.

Or Noory's studio.

WOTR

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 21, 2013, 06:25:00 AM

I am, as I type this, officially back on my "meds"



Them are some pretty expensive meds.  Also some pretty tasty medication; nice choice.

Anyone like zombies and scooby doo??






Yorkshire pud

Quote from: wotr1 on November 21, 2013, 10:37:08 AM
Them are some pretty expensive meds.  Also some pretty tasty medication; nice choice.


Bloody hell!!!!! I have something in common with FtF!!!!


I'm dumbfounded... Highland Park, the nectar of the gods.


WOTR

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 21, 2013, 09:53:58 AM


Falkie...you shouldn't  feel like you have to explain anything to anyone, especially nut jobs who come here solely for their own enjoyment and break balls just to say they're sorry...until they get you to open up like you just did and break your balls some more and twist the knife again...fuck them pally...ignore them...not worth the effort of  an explanation .
Btw...is your car able to run...can you drive it?
That was my exact thought when I was reading what Falkie wrote... but then the reply from Pino left me intrigued.  I was expecting a certain type of reply and instead the reply that came was quite understanding and almost friendly.

That's the internets for you.


Quote from: DesertFox on November 21, 2013, 10:19:24 AM


Alex Jones is a tool.

Noory v. Alex Jones in an all out brawl. Who wins? Does Noory have a chance? Could he lull Alex to sleep with a brief conversation and then burn him to death with pizza rolls?

How would it all go down?

munbeam666

I've been checking out the Free Art Bell website. It's pretty bizarre
Is Sara Brestlin FortRock?

WR104


onan

Why is the report from a bogus site important? OK I get the hooters. I can relate to the initial reaction part. It's sort of like seeing a cockroach... instantly focuses your attention but why talk about it after the fact?

Textor

I think we need Art to post ANYTHING on this thread:

Quote
Hi All,

I'm still alive.

Art

Then everyone will pick apart his message and debate what "alive" means, and if that means he is returning to the air soon, or if it means that someone tried to assassinate him. It'd keep this thing running for like, 80 pages alone.

Textor

Quote from: onan on November 21, 2013, 11:45:44 AM
Why is the report from a bogus site important? OK I get the hooters. I can relate to the initial reaction part. It's sort of like seeing a cockroach... instantly focuses your attention but why talk about it after the fact?

I think it is because talking about bogus news is more entertaining than the cyclic "no news means..." posts.

ziznak

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 08:34:31 AM
I've listened to other hosts complain about IT, and I kept thinking, "Oh, I should go to New York, work for SiriusXM, and start taking care of this stuff..."

Their complaints are not really THAT difficult to take care of, based on the symptoms described on the air.
You are correct but it's the way that IT ends up being managed when you whore it out that makes things a problem.  "This patch has not been evaluated and approved for use on SiriusXM workstations" and other procedural SLA related shit is always going to slow down the process of getting things done.  If you find a fix for something you can't just go and do it.  It has to be tested, approved, and added to the documentation. 
I worked at the same position under 2 contracts.  Under the second contract we only supported end users up to the wall jack.  This meant that even though I could open the wiring closet door and find an open port to get connectivity on the switch (like I was allowed to do under my first contract) I was not "allowed" to do it under this second contract.  The real rub was that the network position that was responsible for everything switch related was NOT filled by the company that held that contract.  It's this type of bullshit that has ruined the way IT operates at many places... it's also why I'm such a frustrated IT guy.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 10:01:01 AM
Alex Jones is a blowhard idiot that Art should have nothing to do with.

Agree 100%

Textor

Quote from: ziznak on November 21, 2013, 11:48:45 AM
You are correct but it's the way that IT ends up being managed when you whore it out that makes things a problem.  "This patch has not been evaluated and approved for use on SiriusXM workstations" and other procedural SLA related shit is always going to slow down the process of getting things done.  If you find a fix for something you can't just go and do it.  It has to be tested, approved, and added to the documentation. 
I worked at the same position under 2 contracts.  Under the second contract we only supported end users up to the wall jack.  This meant that even though I could open the wiring closet door and find an open port to get connectivity on the switch (like I was allowed to do under my first contract) I was not "allowed" to do it under this second contract.  The real rub was that the network position that was responsible for everything switch related was NOT filled by the company that held that contract.  It's this type of bullshit that has ruined the way IT operates at many places... it's also why I'm such a frustrated IT guy.

I've been lucky that for the last 7 years I've worked for two companies that have basically given me the "just get it to work" order and I've never had to run into that mass of red tape.

I'd probably have gone crazy after a while. BTW, dunno if you read it, but my favorite blog is: www.thedailywtf.com. You'd likely enjoy it-- it's tag line is "Curious perversions in Information Technology"

ziznak

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 11:51:42 AM
I've been lucky that for the last 7 years I've worked for two companies that have basically given me the "just get it to work" order and I've never had to run into that mass of red tape.

I'd probably have gone crazy after a while. BTW, dunno if you read it, but my favorite blog is: www.thedailywtf.com. You'd likely enjoy it-- it's tag line is "Curious perversions in Information Technology"
I'll check it out thanks... I had issues with the one company that I did work for who ran IT in house on the "just get it to work" SLA and I loved it there... unfortunately they were also not into paying for software licenses and such so I had other issues there.  Damned if ya do... damned if ya don't right?? heh heh


<crickets>

heh heh...

i mean like tell me about it....

heh heh....

<crickets>

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod