• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Widespread's Archive

Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

lonevoice

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on September 15, 2013, 01:23:25 PM
Great to listen to McKenna again. I went to his last birthday party at his place on Hawai'i before anyone knew of his illness. Wonderful time, Great party, beautiful property.Lots of food, kegs, and musicians.
Very cool!  I agree with Aldous B that the first show with McKenna was some of Art's best work, and one of my favorites. 

So I just uploaded the following show in Widespread's archive:

2000-04-26 - Art Bell - Farewell - Kaku

This is the Art's farewell show in 2000. The first 3 hours of the show were recorded by me in Chicago off of WLS 890 AM in extremely good quality. Hours 4 and 5 were recorded by me off of WTAM 1100 (as WLS didn't carry the end of the show). These hours have some static and a few brief dropouts, but are very listenable in my opinion.

Spinner

Quote from: jazmunda on September 13, 2013, 08:41:22 PM
I think Spinner was referring to MV's collection.
Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks, jazmunda. :)
So, how do I download the shows from MV's collection?

WildCard

If your browser is out of date like mine you'll get a screen that says, "Sorry, this audio can't be played in this browser."

At the bottom right-hand corner, click "Open" that will open a new tab.  Click "download".

Thanks for this awesome collection, MV.

Spinner

Quote from: WildCard on September 15, 2013, 10:19:11 PM
If your browser is out of date like mine you'll get a screen that says, "Sorry, this audio can't be played in this browser."

At the bottom right-hand corner, click "Open" that will open a new tab.  Click "download".

Thanks for this awesome collection, MV.
Thanks for the tip, WildCard!
I just realized that right next to the "Open" button, there's a small downward arrow. You can click on that to download.

And yes, Thank You, MV!

widespread1

Uploaded    -  1998-03-03 - Art Bell - Cynthia Turnage

jazmunda

Are we able to upload shows to the archive?

I have the 8 hour Millenium New Year show.

widespread1

I dont see it in the large collections so yes please do :)  I would love to hear that.

1997-06-12 - Art Bell - Doug Ruby - Crop Circles.mp3 uploaded to 1997 folder

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 16, 2013, 02:42:00 AM
I dont see it in the large collections so yes please do :)  I would love to hear that.

How do I upload?

mikealden

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 02:34:52 AM
Are we able to upload shows to the archive?

I have the 8 hour Millenium New Year show.

You do?! I've been searching that one out for forever!

mikealden

Quote from: DontFearTheReaper on September 15, 2013, 09:26:41 PM
So I just uploaded the following show in Widespread's archive:

2000-04-26 - Art Bell - Farewell - Kaku

This is the Art's farewell show in 2000. The first 3 hours of the show were recorded by me in Chicago off of WLS 890 AM in extremely good quality. Hours 4 and 5 were recorded by me off of WTAM 1100 (as WLS didn't carry the end of the show). These hours have some static and a few brief dropouts, but are very listenable in my opinion.

Thanks so much for converting and uploading this!

Quote from: mikealden on September 16, 2013, 08:16:21 AM
Thanks so much for converting and uploading this!

Glad to! One of the most interesting parts of the show is Art's short interview of Mike Siegel in the 1st hour - Art seems to genuinely like him, and it seems like they talked extensively about to how to carry forth the show. It didn't work out in the end, but it is a marked contrast to the relationship between Art and George.

widespread1

where did you upload it to?

uploaded     1998-03-05 - Art Bell - Bruce Rux

wenck

Quote from: widespread1 on September 16, 2013, 09:16:17 AM
where did you upload it to?

uploaded     1998-03-05 - Art Bell - Bruce Rux

I uploaded it to the "complete" page of the archive

jazmunda

uploaded 1999-12-31 Millenium New Year Show (1999 Folder)

This show is 8 hours long and is 470MB.

If you listen carefully you will hear my call at about 3 hrs and 29 minutes all the way from Melbourne Australia.

mikealden

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 08:33:09 PM

If you listen carefully you will hear my call at about 3 hrs and 29 minutes all the way from Melbourne Australia.

That's a huge file! Thanks so much for uploading this!

widespread1

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 08:33:09 PM

Sweet thanks :)

widespread1

;D ;D ;D uploaded   2013-09-16 - Art Bell - Michio Kaku ;D ;D ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on September 17, 2013, 12:50:53 AM
;D ;D ;D uploaded   2013-09-16 - Art Bell - Michio Kaku ;D ;D ;D

Where did you find it? I heard it's really rare. ;)

dan7800

This is great. Thank you!

I wonder if in 20 years this will be on a streaming website and we will listen back to this night and think "I remember when..."

2002-05-15 - Art Bell - Ingo Swann & Paul H. Smith.mp3 (with commercials) uploaded to complete/2002.

2001-08-29 - Art Bell - Richard Hoagland / Colm A. Kelleher - Crop Circles (incomplete - 1st hour missing) uploaded to incomplete

Quote from: widespread1 on September 16, 2013, 05:34:43 PM
hmm not seeing it

It was in the complete folder not under  a specific year.

Morgus

Thanks for uploading a single mp3 file of Art Bell's new show from Sirius from yesterday.
However that appears to have the ad breaks included for 4 hours.
FYI, if you can record from the Sirius on-demand archive version. it  has the ad breaks removed.

jazmunda

Quote from: Morgus on September 17, 2013, 04:09:27 PM
Thanks for uploading a single mp3 file of Art Bell's new show from Sirius from yesterday.
However that appears to have the ad breaks included for 4 hours.
FYI, if you can record from the Sirius on-demand archive version that has the ad breaks removed.

Because it was the first show I'm happy that it had the ads left in for prosterity. Going forward I could do without the ads. But it's certainly not a deal breaker.

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on September 17, 2013, 04:14:14 PM
Because it was the first show I'm happy that it had the ads left in for prosterity. Going forward I could do without the ads. But it's certainly not a deal breaker.
The short C.Crane ads Art reads are fine, but not the annoying Sirius ads during the two breaks per hour - they are at least at twice the regular volume level and hurt my ears!  8)

widespread1

uploaded    1998-02-25 - Art Bell - Richard Hoagland