• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 10:21:45 PM

dan7800

Some things take time. It's not like the show could start tomorrow anyways.

It's frustrating, but I am just content knowing that in some way shape or form, Art will be returning in July.

ks3484

MV, I'm curious. Is Keith going to incorporate your forum into Art Bell's website?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ge30542 on April 04, 2015, 03:08:56 PM
I gotta ask, who is Falkie, is he associated in some way with Dave?

Pay no attention to those other replies about Falkie, they are jealous and envious.
Falkie, has is own Forums, YouTube Channels and  Art asked Fallkie to handle his bumper music.
Falkie is to Bumper music as Ross Mitchel is to voice-over announcing.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ks3484 on April 04, 2015, 07:11:45 PM
MV, I'm curious. Is Keith going to incorporate your forum into Art Bell's website?

??? :) 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2015, 02:30:42 PM

I did have a email exchange with Dave which he started and which will reamain private, even the exchange itself should have remained private, oh well.

Art

Haaaaay.... Major Ed or a Psychic could spill the beans on Dave's emails.

Quote from: ks3484 on April 04, 2015, 07:11:45 PM
MV, I'm curious. Is Keith going to incorporate your forum into Art Bell's website?

Great idea, seeing as this forum is ground zero for news about the new show and that Art himself actually posts here.  More people should know about this place.  There's only two or three hundred people here at any time which is a small number when you consider how many millions of fans there must be.

morgana213

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2015, 05:59:47 PM
A alternative for us is to go it alone if they resist change to what they inserted into the contract (which I knew they would). Contract talks are so damn predictable. We thought we could not go it alone but it looks like there is a way which would still get the 3 major points I must have. We are still looking into it just in case.

I will tell you this, going over this Contract stuff will give you headaches and tire you out a lot more then doing a show which is fun.

Art
Something I hope you will always remember is that you are not alone in this. The SCORPION ARMY is ready and waiting for your instructions Sir.
 

rzr1911

I'd like to read about people speculating what they inserted into the contract that Art doesn't like.
Any ideas anybody?

here's what came to my mind:
1 non-compete for 3 years so Art can't jump ship
2 they own all broadcasts forever
3 they own Art's face and voice for any marketing stunts and advertising

#1 is obviously the worst. There shouldn't even be a non compete because they don't really have to invest much, teach Art any skills/secrets, etc...

Also interesting: how they split the income from ads/subscribers. What share will Art get. ABBA got only 3% of the income for most of their songs (in the 80's they managed to negotiate 9%). But music is different because it is played so often (unlike talk radio shows).

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2015, 05:36:18 PM
... On another front we have sent corrected language to our friends and await a reply...

Art

I'm really glad to see there's a 'we' in there.  Hope that means you have counsel as well

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 04, 2015, 02:55:08 PM
Well, Noory has officially told me that he doesn't want to read or hear anything about this site because he's not that interested and finds it boring, so he's not sending anything my way.

Jesus, if Dave is concerned about 'not interesting' and 'boring', he'd really hate Coast to Coast starring George Noory

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2015, 05:36:18 PM
Ok, I want to correct something. George did ask a Lawyer to help me with my Wife's visa. I received a email from this Lawyer but by then I had already contacted the Congress people in my State so I told him I already had help. I had thousands of people sending email on this subject and since I never ended up using him it was easily overlooked. So in fact he did try to help and I only know know this because George sent me a copy of the email.

On another front we have sent corrected language to our friends and await a reply but this of course moves it to a new Week. Groan, like the Air Force for me.....Hurry up and wait.

Art






Art--good luck with everything.  Glad to see you are on point with all this and charging to get things right.  And it's great you have time to get it done.

laserjock

Art, I'll get the Cebu prayer team on this, she'll light a candle at Sto Nino.

paladin1991

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 04, 2015, 10:08:03 AM
Yeah, as someone who briefly dabbled in another Coast discussion board (won't name names but it rhymed with sadistic quorum) this place is much more easygoing.
Yeah, I stopped in there.  It was.....dead.

popple

Quote from: ks3484 on April 04, 2015, 07:11:45 PM
MV, I'm curious. Is Keith going to incorporate your forum into Art Bell's website?

Probably not as long as we are using swear words.

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 04, 2015, 02:55:08 PM
Well, Noory has officially told me that he doesn't want to read or hear anything about this site because he's not that interested and finds it boring, so he's not sending anything my way.
Wrong thread, falkie, you lost?

paladin1991

Quote from: ge30542 on April 04, 2015, 03:08:56 PM
I gotta ask, who is Falkie, is he associated in some way with Dave?
You...have got to read the thread 'The General Musings of Falkie2013.'  You will herniate yourself laughing. 

An no, he isn't anybody.  Not anybody at all.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ks3484 on April 04, 2015, 07:11:45 PM
MV, I'm curious. Is Keith going to incorporate your forum into Art Bell's website?

heh heh, no.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2015, 05:36:18 PM
Ok, I want to correct something. George did ask a Lawyer to help me with my Wife's visa. I received a email from this Lawyer but by then I had already contacted the Congress people in my State so I told him I already had help. I had thousands of people sending email on this subject and since I never ended up using him it was easily overlooked. So in fact he did try to help and I only know know this because George sent me a copy of the email.

On another front we have sent corrected language to our friends and await a reply but this of course moves it to a new Week. Groan, like the Air Force for me.....Hurry up and wait.

Art


Quote from: Danger!UFO on April 04, 2015, 06:50:29 PM
I like to think that George is sincere in his attempts in trying to help people. I don't hate George. I just think he pissed off too many Art Bell fans. It was an obvious smack in the face to Art in having Oates back on Coast . I don't get that. Bad advice from Tommy? Time to move on.

If Art's new partners are smart they will work things out with the contract. Hang in there Art! Thanks for considering a 'Plan B' just in case.

Happy Easter everyone!


The problem with Dave is that when he does certain things that can be construed as nice you have to wonder if he is doing it out of the kindness of his heart, or only so he can brag about it on air. You can bet you ass that he would have had a full 20 minute segment about how he single handedly did all the work the next day before taking callers too. He is a big boy, and deserves all the flack he gets for the bad stuff he does... and it is so hard to like the guy when he is such a classless worm in that way.

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2015, 02:30:42 PM
Ok, we have a contract but as expected there are some things in there that require some re-wording and one item that would be a deal breaker if left as is. We also have possibly another way to go if
need be.

Because we are at a sensitive part of all this you may not hear from me till we come to some conclusion on Monday or we hope no later then Tuesday (my estimates)

I did have a email exchange with Dave which he started and which will reamain private, even the exchange itself should have remained private, oh well.

Art

No one likes the first offical contract they have ever received. If both sides are neogtating with good intentions you"all will work things out.
Also I'm glad art is even talking to dave, I think he gets a slightly bad rap. He is a bad host, but an OK person. He looks like a jerk because of the morons and dead beats he is surrounded by. If dave would ditch Tommy/lisa the show would benefit. Alas, dave is to loyal.

WOTR

Quote from: MV on April 04, 2015, 10:33:32 PM
heh heh, no.
What if we all promise no terrorist jokes? 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wotr1 on April 05, 2015, 12:46:17 AM
What if we all promise no terrorist jokes?


What's life without the occasional terrorist joke though?

Quote from: MV on April 05, 2015, 01:02:40 AM

What's life without the occasional terrorist joke though?

Honestly, it's sounds like a silly misunderstanding.

WOTR

Quote from: MV on April 05, 2015, 01:02:40 AM

What's life without the occasional terrorist joke though?
I was riding around with a couple of guys who work for the airlines just after the recent crash (ground crew... not flight crew, or I would have probably been sensitive enough not to joke about it...)  They had mentioned how the doors had been installed after 9/11 to keep terrorists out of the cockpit.  I commented that it also appears to work by allowing terrorists to crash a plane in relative peace and quiet without worry of interruption.  Apparently, it is too soon?

I suppose I thought it was interesting because since they announced the installation of the doors I have been waiting for a terrorist to either become a pilot or force their way past the pilot when he opened the door for any reason.  I figured one person to overpower and then the ability to lock people out would make life easier... How an idiot like me saw it coming and not the FAA is beyond me.

Quote from: wotr1 on April 05, 2015, 03:28:48 AM
I was riding around with a couple of guys who work for the airlines just after the recent crash (ground crew... not flight crew, or I would have probably been sensitive enough not to joke about it...)  They had mentioned how the doors had been installed after 9/11 to keep terrorists out of the cockpit.  I commented that it also appears to work by allowing terrorists to crash a plane in relative peace and quiet without worry of interruption.  Apparently, it is too soon?

I suppose I thought it was interesting because since they announced the installation of the doors I have been waiting for a terrorist to either become a pilot or force their way past the pilot when he opened the door for any reason.  I figured one person to overpower and then the ability to lock people out would make life easier... How an idiot like me saw it coming and not the FAA is beyond me.



The addition of reinforced cockpit doors was kind of a knee-jerk reaction. I suspect it wasn't' afforded a great deal of thought.

With regard to joking about the mass murder of hundreds of people, I don't know if it's ever appropriate. Just imagine the horror those poor people felt as they descended to their death.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 05, 2015, 04:30:44 AM


The addition of reinforced cockpit doors was kind of a knee-jerk reaction. I suspect it wasn't' afforded a great deal of thought.

With regard to joking about the mass murder of hundreds of people, I don't know if it's ever appropriate. Just imagine the horror those poor people felt as they descended to their death.

Pretty much. But if the cockpit is a paper door that isn't good either. It's a lose-lose.

ks3484

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
They would be redacted or be found to conflict with "White House Equities," or other FOAI changes by recent administrations. But, maybe, the banking "know your customer" stuff from that era (and subsequent stricter rules) could answer the questions. Money talks, bs walks; as they say. I would trust financial data more than emails. THAT is when you know deals were done.

I don't buy it but, frankly, I could care less by what vehicle, network, or method Art comes back. As long as he comes back! I'm sick of talk-radio these days excepting a few people. Old Art streams and OTR is running out of content.....

albrecht, you're right. There's a song called "Every Generation got its own Disease"  by a group called Fury in the Slaughterhouse. And that pretty much is the message I believe that they are expessing.  When I reflect on the found wisdom within the ancient scriptures I find that it too states that-

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven :" Ecclesiastes; Chapter 3,  3:1  (NASB)

                                                         â€¢â€¢â€¢â€¢The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! - 1965••••

When the Carnivore and Echelon programs were in full force and effect. It was a given that the SS, NSA, FBI, ATF&E, etc. were listening to, and scanning the traffic over the phone lines, airwaves, and internet for certain "forbidden terrorist words". They literally just threw the 5th Amendment out of the window. When someone would call into Coast To Coast AM they would say some of those "forbidden terrorist words." at the beginning of the call, over the air, and just before Art moved on to the next caller who would do the same thing. There were random word generating programs that were generating the words on the secret government lists to watch for. I kid you not, but it seemed as if the telephone calls were being cut off. So we made sure to use some of those "forbidden terrorist words" in our emails and personal phone calls too.

It's a given that each new administration will task it's employees differently than the one before in most instances, that is rregardless of the rank held, level, or grade that they may hold or be at. Do take a look at the heavily redacted memos and reports in  UFO Document Index - NSA/CSS   Ya know, I wonder if Edward Snowden made off with any memos or files from the NSA's UFO Documents Index that were not redacted?

So Ed, if you're out there with any documents about the strange, the unusual, or any UFO type of stuff, feel free to send it to Art or to any of us. :)

ks3484

Quote from: MV on April 04, 2015, 10:33:32 PM
heh heh, no.

hmmmmm, have you talked to him about putting a very prominent link to it?

albrecht

Quote from: ks3484 on April 05, 2015, 05:54:48 AM
albrecht, you're right. There's a song called "Every Generation got its own Disease"  by a group called Fury in the Slaughterhouse. And that pretty much is the message I believe that they are expessing.  When I reflect on the found wisdom within the ancient scriptures I find that it too states that-

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven :" Ecclesiastes; Chapter 3,  3:1  (NASB)

                                                         â€¢â€¢â€¢â€¢The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! - 1965••••

When the Carnivore and Echelon programs were in full force and effect. It was a given that the SS, NSA, FBI, ATF&E, etc. were listening to, and scanning the traffic over the phone lines, airwaves, and internet for certain "forbidden terrorist words". They literally just threw the 5th Amendment out of the window. When someone would call into Coast To Coast AM they would say some of those "forbidden terrorist words." at the beginning of the call, over the air, and just before Art moved on to the next caller who would do the same thing. There were random word generating programs that were generating the words on the secret government lists to watch for. I kid you not, but it seemed as if the telephone calls were being cut off. So we made sure to use some of those "forbidden terrorist words" in our emails and personal phone calls too.

It's a given that each new administration will  task it's employees differently than the one before in most instances, that is rregardless of the rank held, level, or grade that they may hold or be at. Do take a look at the heavily redacted memos and reports in  UFO Document Index - NSA/CSS   Ya know, I wonder if Edward Snowden made off with any memos or files from the NSA's UFO Documents Index that were not redacted?

So Ed, if you're out there with any documents about the strange, the unusual, or any UFO type of stuff, feel free to send it to Art or to any of us. :)
Remember the idea of using the "words" as footers in your emails (one could change font and color so that recipient couldn't see even) as an attempt to flood, and then break, the Echelon, etc system? Now days, of course, wouldn't work with the cheap computing and data-mining power. But was an attempt to push back at least.
-Happy Easter, He is Risen

Can't wait for Art to be back, no matter where or by what media/vehicle. Of course, I hope it is radio or even SW (for those of us with CCrane radios, on the water, in bunkers, or out in the woods!) And with downloadable podcasts so we can't miss a show!

ks3484

Quote from: Northern Nights on April 04, 2015, 07:48:34 PM
Great idea, seeing as this forum is ground zero for news about the new show and that Art himself actually posts here.  More people should know about this place.  There's only two or three hundred people here at any time which is a small number when you consider how many millions of fans there must be.

Maybe they'll come  together (right now over....) and draw up a contract about the matter. Maybe they'll come together and chat about placing a prominent link (not sausage) on the MITD site. But you know how drawn out some contracts and negotiations can sometimes be.   :(

laserjock

Happy fertile rabbit day to all you pagans out there, and happy Easter too.  Art, bet your wife is dragging you to church (I'd let mine do that)...

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod