• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Is George Noory an Alcoholic?

Started by Gassy Man, January 02, 2012, 07:36:22 PM

Scully

I've heard Noory say a high blood sugar count is what got him on the Turmeric Trail.    You can't be a diabetic and an alcoholic and live very long, and Simple George wants to be immortal to spite all us haters.

I've noticed on many occasions, though, his Friday night highs.  Granted he may just  be happy he's got the weekend ahead, but I think "sumthin" increases his braggadocio and encourages him to giggle and flirt more than usual.

I've had close relatives who were alcoholics, and I've never suspected Simple George of having that awful disease.  I think he just sucks.   :-*

b_dubb

the great thing about this thread is that it's a fun and easy way to slander El Snooron without actually slandering him.  why?  how?  because it's phrased as a question

slander: George Noory is a terrorist / not slander: Is George Noory a terrorist?

i learned this from Fox News.  fun

aldousburbank

Suggesting that Noory is an alcoholic is derogatory to the true alcoholics of the world.


BobGrau

He's never struck me as a drunk - he's not erratic enough.
If he's dabbling in anything, I'd suggest prescription painkillers - am I right in thinking that Rush or someone had a similar 'problem'?

PS If he was a decent host, I wouldn't care if he was shooting up during commercials. A drug problem is no excuse for sucking.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 03, 2012, 06:45:49 AM
Aside from changing career paths and becoming a male escort per Vatar's suggestion, I really have no idea.

To start I'm going to have to stay up for a while (maybe a few days) and fall asleep at a decent hour to get myself on a normal sleeping schedule. I find that I can fall into holding patterns that last for a week or so, but a single late weekend completely fucks up the subsequent week. So The first few weekends of responsible scheduling are going to be extremely dull.

Perhaps a more realistic plan is to just put on Coast during the week and use Noory's natural sedative effect to drift off regularly at midnight...
Exercise and eat better, Agent -- that'll help . . . Though student abilities and attitudes are getting worse, I wouldn't trade the academic life for the 9 to 5, and you probably shouldn't either.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 03, 2012, 08:53:29 AM
It's definitely a possibility that he's a drunk, but I don't want to use it as a pass for his suckage.
Absolutely -- sober or crocked, he continues to suck and should be held accountable . . . but does anyone else notice that he sometimes sounds much more articulate and enthusiastic than others, as though he ain't high?  My boss was the same way except he also had a bad temper.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 03, 2012, 03:46:06 PM
as i see things, it all comes down to the simple fact that he's not a particularly intelligent man.
True, as Churchill said, "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."  Just exchange "ugly" for "stupid," and you pretty much get George Noory.

Gassy Man

Quote from: b_dubb on January 04, 2012, 04:51:59 AM
the great thing about this thread is that it's a fun and easy way to slander El Snooron without actually slandering him.  why?  how?  because it's phrased as a question

slander: George Noory is a terrorist / not slander: Is George Noory a terrorist?

i learned this from Fox News.  fun
Well, sort of . . . "slander" is spoken defamation, whereas "libel" is written defamation, but since George Noory is a "celebrity," he is fair game for public ridicule either way . . .  and it isn't defamation if it's true!

George could host a show on Fox.

Vatar

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There link=topic=2949.msg57929#msg57929
Back on topic, Noron is probably not an alkie; he is just fat and ugly.

Yeah, but it's fun to speculate.  To give my actual opinion on the matter, I truly think he has lost all enthusiasm for the program.  Coast to Coast is no longer the labor of love that it once was for Noory and he only continues for the paycheck.

Gassy Man

George seems a little more sober lately . . . I wonder if anyone read some of this and had a talk with him.

Gassy Man

Well he is either a bit under the weather or sounds a little drunk to me tonight.

sleeplessinca

He's either:

1)drunk - or even alcoholic
2)demented   (that can result from alcohol abuse)
3)stupid

We know:

1)He's health-obsessed
2)He is a shameless self promoter
3)He inherited amazing ESP from his famous psychic aunt

It's nice of you to try to explain his shortcomings, but whatever his problem is, it's a waste of time to listen to him. 




Citizen5510

I too think he has lost his enthusiasm for Coast, let's not get it twisted he always sucked, but now he seems like he's just trying to get through the show, he adds nothing to the program what so ever, he's terrible.

He may be a Rx pill addict...I can see that being true

ksm32

I like people who drink. I drink alot by western guilty standards and if Noory is a drinker ? than mabye I like that about him. Everybody knows Ian drinks dont they ?

Cheers.

b_dubb

Quote from: ksm32 on February 16, 2012, 07:50:07 PM
I like people who drink. I drink alot by western guilty standards and if Noory is a drinker ? than mabye I like that about him. Everybody knows Ian drinks dont they ?

Cheers.
this photo is missing a motorboat. and so am i

Sardondi

I don't hear any signs Noory is a drinker...he's just a very stupid and lazy man who has a cushy gig, and doesn't respect his audience, his guests or his profession enough to even pay attention.

fabucat

Quote from: BobGrau on January 04, 2012, 09:38:12 AM
He's never struck me as a drunk - he's not erratic enough.
If he's dabbling in anything, I'd suggest prescription painkillers - am I right in thinking that Rush or someone had a similar 'problem'?

PS If he was a decent host, I wouldn't care if he was shooting up during commercials. A drug problem is no excuse for sucking.

Maybe drugs actually make talk show hosts BETTER!  Proof:  Limbaugh - drug addict (once an addict always an addict).  Noory - not a drug addict.

I can't stand Limbaugh's politics, but you're an idiot if you can't see that he's talented.  Limbaugh will never put me to sleep.  Noory--it never fails...

fabucat

Quote from: ksm32 on February 16, 2012, 07:50:07 PM
I like people who drink. I drink alot by western guilty standards and if Noory is a drinker ? than mabye I like that about him. Everybody knows Ian drinks dont they ?

Cheers.

Wow, with that pair, even a Mormon might desire that beer!

thecrossbone

I dont have any evidence or instinctive feelings that he may be an alcoholic, but I DO believe he is a classic example of a passive-aggressive personality.

fysisist

Speaking from exhaustive research and experience, Noory has neither enough class nor intelligence to be an alcoholic.  You gotta' be a survivor to be an alcoholic.  It takes perseverance, moxy, and an ability to think on your feet (or knees, as the case may be). 

dlawlis

I posted this video in the "George Noory Sucks" thread, but most of the conversations there seemed to be about relationships ???

anyway, he sounds pretty drunk to me :D

George Noory Drunk - Worker In The Miller Light


Quote from: dlawlis on May 29, 2012, 08:56:18 PM
I posted this video in the "George Noory Sucks" thread, but most of the conversations there seemed to be about relationships ???

anyway, he sounds pretty drunk to me :D

George Noory Drunk - Worker In The Miller Light

lol!!

This is GREAT!

Sardondi

Quote from: dlawlis on May 29, 2012, 08:56:18 PM
I posted this video in the "George Noory Sucks" thread, but most of the conversations there seemed to be about relationships ???

anyway, he sounds pretty drunk to me...

WTF?! This is too good! Noory, if it is him, is obviously hammered into little pieces of disconnected tissue. But it just can't be real. So either this is a heavily edited bit, or it's an imposter doing an excellent Foster Brooks impersonation.

C'mon, give it up! Or we'll have to track it down for verification.

dlawlis

Quote from: Sardondi on May 30, 2012, 07:12:29 PM
WTF?! This is too good! Noory, if it is him, is obviously hammered into little pieces of disconnected tissue. But it just can't be real. So either this is a heavily edited bit, or it's an imposter doing an excellent Foster Brooks impersonation.

C'mon, give it up! Or we'll have to track it down for verification.

It's time-stretched by about 140% and heavily edited, but only from two different shows from around the same time to maintain some consistency with the audio. The stammering, stuttering, and mispronouncing are all Noory though :D

President Bush had been given a similar treatment which was my inspiration:

George Bush drunk while giving speech


Drunk Noory said:
"six girls got sick, eating cookies, and spent six hours in a chapperone's bathroom - vomiting, and everything else that goes with that."

This is a great line from George.

What? What else goes with vomiting?


Waiting for Geographer to come to the rescue...

Sardondi

Quote from: thefamilyghost on June 18, 2012, 12:54:06 AM
Waiting for Geographer to come to the rescue...

Heh. "George is a social drinker only. Everyone knows that. Your ears must be drunk"

Oversoul

Quote from: thefamilyghost on June 18, 2012, 12:54:06 AM
Waiting for Geographer to come to the rescue...

Can't be disturbed at the moment.  Still in conference with Mr. Noory.  Try a little later please.   ::)

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod