• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

ART BELL HOSTING LIVE THIS FRIDAY...MOTHERFUCKAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by CoastToCoastWeekend, March 23, 2010, 07:28:33 PM

Pardon my language, but ART is hosting this FRIDAY.  I just did a shit load of shots and listened to Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat."  Thank god I have an understanding wife.
I LOVE YOU ALL.
LETS PRETEND LIKE ITS THE 90'S, THE ECONOMY IS BOOMING, AND ART IS LIVING IN NEVADA.
HOPE YOU ALL TUNE IN FRIDAY, I KNOW I WILL
(I am EST, so I might take a nap Friday night, just so I can listen to the whole show, 1am-5am)
BY THE WAY, F*CK GEORGE NOORY I HOPE HE ROTS IN HELL FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE TO CTC.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: CoastToCoastWeekend on March 23, 2010, 07:28:33 PM
LETS PRETEND LIKE ITS THE 90'S, THE ECONOMY IS BOOMING, AND ART IS LIVING IN NEVADA.
i share your feelings about the 1990s.  i think about it a lot, as a matter of fact.  the 90s were so awesome in so many ways, especially the second half.  lots of great memories.  they were my 1960s.  oh, and i love you, too.

slipstream

I wish he'd do open lines  :'(
Yeah, in so many ways the 90s rocked.   

tmock00

It was so great to hear Art again - and he had Open Lines! 

valdez

I understood nothing about what Robert Lanza was trying to say, and neither did Art.  The idea that nothing would exist if it weren't for our consciousness is tough to wrap your cigarette around.  The cool thing is that Art is not afraid to show his confusion and frustration about a topic that he feels is important, because, in the end, truth and enlightenment are not easy roads to follow, and sometimes you gotta knock your head against the wall until something clicks.  Lanza was also a bit of a prude, and if he was such a great mind, he would have figured out an easier way of explaining it.
     George would have worn out his "good point", and "absolutely", to ad nauseum.
     Art's emphasis on the word "unscreened" (open lines) was definitely a shot across the bow to George's super controlled love fest, and I dug the fact that Art doesn't feel the need to say, "yeah, I remember you!", every time some yokel mentions that he spoke to Art five years ago.

Quote from: valdez on March 27, 2010, 06:27:01 AM
          Art's emphasis on the word "unscreened" (open lines) was definitely a shot across the bow to George's super controlled love fest, and I dug the fact that Art doesn't feel the need to say, "yeah, I remember you!", every time some yokel mentions that he spoke to Art five years ago.

I also noticed Art's mentioning of the term unscreened probably about a half a dozen times.  Also, I enjoyed how he hemmed and hawed at the caller that said that he really liked George.  I especially liked when Art said "not as much as you would think" when the caller asked how much of a role Art had in picking George.  Despite all of this, however, I think it was more clear after last night that Art is very happy with only hosting occasionally.  A bright spot, I feel is that Art will still be guest hosting long after George is gone. 
           Last night was the most "old Art" I have heard from Art in a long-time.  Great program that kept me up till 5am EST.  George hasn't been able to keep me up for more than 15 minutes.

He said last night that it (hosting Easter weekend) would probably happen. 

admin edit:  merged this post into this thread. 
admin edits are in red.

After listening to Art's show last night, it is even more clear (as if we didn't already know) that George is a complete hack.  I know I am beating a dead horse, but last night it became clear that Noory is sooooo much worse than we have already discussed.  It feels as if George isn't even a sub-par host of Coast to Coast, instead, it feels as if George's show isn't even Coast to Coast.  What Art did last night was Coast to Coast.  Sure, George may have some of the same guests Art used to, but his show is not the same thing that I heard come from Art last night.  Art's timing, ability to leave you hanging, to ask a great question right when the commercial music starts (sure, we all know its coming, but its still great) and make you wait, his ability to ACTUALLY HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE, all made last night truly enjoyable.

I think everyone would agree with you, CoastToCoastWeekend.  The question is what to do about it.  There is an online petition that is available for people to sign to toss Noory overboard.  However, half the signatures were by people joking around, so the recipient(s) won't take it seriously.  I have never found a Noory defender, but it sounds as if he is firmly entrenched.

sanddollar

i had to miss this unfortunately!  anyone know of a working link for 3/26/2010 show?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tom from Hong Kong on March 27, 2010, 02:34:53 PM
I have never found a Noory defender, but it sounds as if he is firmly entrenched.
when you DO find a george noory defender, their comments are replete with spelling and grammar errors punctuated by incessant demonstrations of their inferior intellect.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sanddollar on March 27, 2010, 06:38:47 PM
i had to miss this unfortunately!  anyone know of a working link for 3/26/2010 show?
hopefully shirleypal will be hooking me up as she so regularly does.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on March 27, 2010, 06:41:53 PM
hopefully shirleypal will be hooking me up as she so regularly does.
ok i have the show so whoever wants it can PM me.

KnyeGuy

Here is an awesome place to get old C2C shows... This is the main page:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1EDTD5/coast.gmms.ca/page_cjob.html

And here is the page with Art's recent show on it:

They update this site with shows on a daily/nightly basis, so it's great for catching good recent shows with Art/Knapp/Ian.
It also has alot of old shows archived too.

(The guy updating the site doesn't filter out commercials, but that's easy enough to take care of).

EDIT: I just noticed that the first link is sending me to the recent shows page... If you want to find old archived shows, just be sure to click a link at the top left of the page where it says "Click here to view our web site   properly." I'm using Firefox so viewing the main menu page may not be an issue with other browsers.

Nebraska888

BRING BACK ART BELL!!!!  I forget just how superb and skilled  he is as an interviewer.  Do you wonder what GN thinks when he listens to Art?

If Art can not return full time, let's divide it between George Knapp and Ian.  Knapp is darn good.....he is my second choice to replace GN.....Art, naturally, is first!     :D

Zenof

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 27, 2010, 06:40:31 PM
when you DO find a george noory defender, their comments are replete with spelling and grammar errors punctuated by incessant demonstrations of their inferior intellect.
I use to be a george nothing stupider, but over the past month I have woken up to his idiocy and started to regrow my own brain.. George is a zombie, he eats away at our brain until he is smarter than the avid listener. And to think... Starbase479.com was the fertilizer that allowed the rapid regrowth of my brain, fineartstream.com is my new Art home. Keep it up, Keep it strong! I haven';t heard 1 program repeated on this network unlike SB479

JB Goode

Quote from: KnyeGuy on March 30, 2010, 02:59:04 AM
Here is an awesome place to get old C2C shows... This is the main page:

And here is the page with Art's recent show on it:

They update this site with shows on a daily/nightly basis, so it's great for catching good recent shows with Art/Knapp/Ian.
It also has alot of old shows archived too.

(The guy updating the site doesn't filter out commercials, but that's easy enough to take care of).

EDIT: I just noticed that the first link is sending me to the recent shows page... If you want to find old archived shows, just be sure to click a link at the top left of the page where it says "Click here to view our web site   properly." I'm using Firefox so viewing the main menu page may not be an issue with other browsers.

Maybe it's me but these two links don't seem to be live.