• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sean David Morton

Started by Boomer, March 04, 2009, 11:21:54 PM

Gunner65

Douglas Dietrich will likely comment on this tonight, maybe even throw in a few more lies about Morton and twist them into his list of defamations against people who cannot defend themselves.  I was not and am not a fan of Morton and from I do know about him is that he probably deserves to be in Federal prison.  Just saying Dietrich will use this to promote himself and his ongoing "narrative" of steaming bullshit.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Lunger on October 27, 2019, 03:34:43 PM
> SEAN DAVID MORTON:  STRIPPED, BEATEN AND DENIED RIGHTS IN PRISON URGENT!

Meh!  Who cares?

I do, since you asked.

Every day, the average American commits three felonies. So argues civil-liberties lawyer Harvey Silverglate in his new book “Three Felonies a Day,” the title of which refers to the number of crimes he estimates that Americans perpetrate each day because of vague and overly burdensome laws.

It looks pretty clear to me that Morton deserves to be in prison. However, despite his apparently deserved incarceration, the abuse of prison inmates is something every civilized society should care about, regardless of any unfounded confidence we have as individuals that we'll "never end up there." I have no idea if Morton is actually being abused, but yes, I do care if he is.

When the federal government targets an individual, it scores a conviction apx. 95% of the time, often on charges having nothing to do with the original investigative impetus. A shameful 95% of those convictions aren't even the result of a trial. Instead, targets usually accept plea bargains for fear of financial ruin and likely conviction with, inexplicably, a larger sentence.

Three felonies a day? You? Me? Everyone?

There, but for the grace of God, go I.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on October 27, 2019, 07:20:13 PM
I do, since you asked.

It looks pretty clear to me that Morton deserves to be in prison. However, despite his apparently deserved incarceration, the abuse of prison inmates is something every civilized society should care about, regardless of any unfounded confidence we have as individuals that we'll "never end up there." I have no idea if Morton is actually being abused, but yes, I do care if he is.

When the federal government targets an individual, it scores a conviction apx. 95% of the time, often on charges having nothing to do with the original investigative impetus. A shameful 95% of those convictions aren't even the result of a trial. Instead, targets usually accept plea bargains for fear of financial ruin and likely conviction with, inexplicably, a larger sentence.

Yes.  From my basic knowledge I would say it is likely SDM deserves some sentence but not abused (if actually true.) I support the police but there are just too many laws many of which can't even be counted and people are unaware of and then problems due to misunderstandings, not having a good attorney, thinking "being honest" will help you, etc. And any decent person thinks prisoners should not be abused.  You make good points about plea bargaining. Alas, the system would totally collapse without it. 

https://blogs.loc.gov/law/2013/03/frequent-reference-question-how-many-federal-laws-are-there/
https://corporate.findlaw.com/litigation-disputes/how-to-avoid-going-to-jail-under-18-u-s-c-section-1001-for-lying.html 
https://jonathanturley.org/2013/05/11/why-the-fbi-doesnt-record-interrogations/ 

https://www.federalregister.gov/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE 

A more humorous take on the issue below but it really isn't ha-ha funny. Basically if they want to get someone they likely can.  Without even framing, entrapment, illegal search, etc but just using the voluminous and complex laws. And then honest mistakes, mistaken recall, etc if you testify or answer questions.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Become-Federal-Criminal-Illustrated/dp/1982112514/ref=sr_1_1?crid=18BZBEELMSNM3&keywords=how+to+become+a+federal+criminal&qid=1572226177&sprefix=how+to+become+a+feder%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-1

Lunger

> I do, since you asked.

Why?

> There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Lighten up, Francis!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Lunger on October 27, 2019, 07:38:57 PM
Why?

I think I answered that.

> There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Lighten up, Francis!

Sorry, but I can't "lighten up" where the subject of our nation's for-profit corporate prison industrial complex is concerned.

DanTSX

I do, since you asked.

Das raght mayne

Roswells, Art

I do, since you asked.

Right. We can get arrested at anytime for anything. We have to clear all the books of outdated and overreaching laws. Also, privatized prisons are pro anything that criminalize us, meaning they vote for more laws against us because we are their customers.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 28, 2019, 04:55:26 PM
Also, privatized prisons are pro anything that criminalize us, meaning they vote for more laws against us because we are their customers.

Indeed. Here's an idea for a law: Private prison corporations should not be allowed to lobby lawmakers, state or federal. They should be banned from donating to candidates or parties. They should be banned from publicly or privately advocating for or against any legislative initiative. Their employees shouldn't be allowed to vote or engage in any of the activities proscribed for their employer.

Even if that law were passed, I'd still want private prisons banned. People should be imprisoned by the same government that sent them there, and no profit motive should exist anywhere in the system.

ItsOver

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 28, 2019, 04:55:26 PM
Right. We can get arrested at anytime for anything...
Good thing everbody loves all of us BellGabbers.

Jackstar

Quote from: Liberace! on October 29, 2019, 02:13:40 PM
Here's an idea for a law: Private prison corporations should not be allowed

stopped reading right there tbqh