• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by Imconfused, June 22, 2016, 01:58:16 PM

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 28, 2016, 06:36:45 AM
This piece of shit needs to crawl back into his hole.

Voters must have chance to change their minds on Brexit, says Tony Blair
...there's got to be some way way, either through parliament, or through an election, possibly through another referendum, in which people express their view.

It sure seems like they are determined to ignore what the people told them to do. The elites should be the ones to determine the future of a countyr- not the stupid voters.

Can you imagine any of this continuing if the vote went in the direction it was supposed to, and they got the vote to stay? There would be no discussion three years later. Instead, you have the politicians basically hoping that the public will "forget" what they voted for if they kick it down the road. In essence, parliment will decide that it is acceptable to ignore the vote of their slaves for half a decade.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: WOTR on October 20, 2019, 03:16:53 PM
It sure seems like they are determined to ignore what the people told them to do. The elites should be the ones to determine the future of a countyr- not the stupid voters.e

Can you imagine any of this continuing if the vote went in the direction it was supposed to, and they got the vote to stay? There would be no discussion three years later. Instead, you have the politicians basically hoping that the public will "forget" what they voted for if they kick it down the road. In essence, parliment will decide that it is acceptable to ignore the vote of their slaves for half a decade.

Globalists and the post modern marxists that control the leftist agenda aren't much into national sovereignty, honoring the will of the people, honesty or fair play.   As for liberals being the worst fucking hypocrites in this quadrant of the galaxy, don't get me started. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 20, 2019, 10:24:32 PM

Globalists and the post modern marxists that control the leftist agenda aren't much into national sovereignty, honoring the will of the people, honesty or fair play.   As for liberals being the worst fucking hypocrites in this quadrant of the galaxy, don't get me started.

If you were all so hot on the will of the people Trump wouldn't have been elected, having lost the popular vote. I know it's difficult for a senescent Fox News drone like you to comprehend, but you come from a country that deliberately engineered its laws to guard against the tyranny of the majority. As you're so tiresomely fond of saying, you live in a republic not a democracy, ensuring that minority interests aren't squashed by the Rousseauian General Will. Likewise, the UK is a representative democracy, we don't just have a show of hands and let the unsoaped do what they like.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 21, 2019, 02:18:20 AM
If you were all so hot on the will of the people Trump wouldn't have been elected, having lost the popular vote. I know it's difficult for a senescent Fox News drone like you to comprehend, but you come from a country that deliberately engineered its laws to guard against the tyranny of the majority. As you're so tiresomely fond of saying, you live in a republic not a democracy, ensuring that minority interests aren't squashed by the Rousseauian General Will. Likewise, the UK is a representative democracy, we don't just have a show of hands and let the unsoaped do what they like.

Jackstar

If you were all so hot on the will of the people Trump wouldn't have been elected, having lost the popular vote.

If you were so hot on U.S. political commentary, you would have actually read the Constitution.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html

It's a republic, it's not a democracy, learn to read.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on October 21, 2019, 04:30:01 PM
If you were so hot on U.S. political commentary, you would have actually read the Constitution.

As intended. But much has changed since the Founding. Now I would say more of an "administrative state." With some out-lying Super-Judicial policy making. Congress, at this point, is, essentially, a joke. A pantomime. Kabuki theater. Whatever euphemism you want. There to get a few regulatory-capture stuff in when the bureaucrats can't implement, and to stir up the people, when needed, about "social issues," that often don't- really- matter to get the vote out (in people's minds.) Most all the "balance of powers" of which the best was Federal, State, and Local has been pretty much eliminated. And even the "balance of powers" within the Federal government has been, essentially, eliminated. Some by Executive actions (in their theories, not necessary, the 'actions,) the willingness of Congress to give up power by bypassing real decision making (so they can be reelected,) and by Court upsurping, even CREATING, their own jurisdiction and powers. Oh well, still better than most places. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on October 21, 2019, 05:57:52 PM
As intended. But much has changed since the Founding. Now I would say more of an "administrative state." With some out-lying Super-Judicial policy making. Congress, at this point, is, essentially, a joke. A pantomime. Kabuki theater. Whatever euphemism you want. There to get a few regulatory-capture stuff in when the bureaucrats can't implement, and to stir up the people, when needed, about "social issues," that often don't- really- matter to get the vote out (in people's minds.) Most all the "balance of powers" of which the best was Federal, State, and Local has been pretty much eliminated. And even the "balance of powers" within the Federal government has been, essentially, eliminated. Some by Executive actions (in their theories, not necessary, the 'actions,) the willingness of Congress to give up power by bypassing real decision making (so they can be reelected,) and by Court upsurping, even CREATING, their own jurisdiction and powers. Oh well, still better than most places.

Well put. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Jackstar on October 21, 2019, 04:30:01 PM

That's what I said, you useless turd. Congrats, by jumping in you have proved yourself a bigger mongoloid than even I suspected.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 22, 2019, 02:02:21 AM
That's what I said, you useless turd. Congrats, by jumping in you have proved yourself a bigger mongoloid than even I suspected.

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 22, 2019, 02:02:21 AM
That's what I said

I'll admit that I don't bother to actually read your posts.

pate

If you were all so hot on the will of the people ...

mmM...

VC

UK Tory Landslide!

My prediction: Trump will blow unless Bloomberg has the dirt.

The UK finally gained its independence back.  Out of the the EU by February.

I've never seen a more depressed set of people than those on Sky News now.  I take that back,  CNN after Trump won.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 12, 2019, 06:29:34 PM
The UK finally gained its independence back.  Out of the the EU by February.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 12, 2019, 06:47:04 PM
I've never seen a more depressed set of people than those on Sky News now.  I take that back,  CNN after Trump won.
The media did everything to try to stop it. Assuming the exit polling is accurate another big fail by the media with their obvious bias. Set up photos with kids lying on ER floors, claims of Boris hiding in the fridge, awkward moments with his dog, dire claims about no more NHS and weak pound due to Brexit,, and attempts to get into his personal life.  Hilarious that the Tories even won some coal constituencies up north, apparently! Certain poster will be upset about that- even though he had fled moved.  ;)

VC

Quote from: albrecht on December 12, 2019, 07:09:35 PM
Certain poster will be upset about that- even though he had fled moved.  ;)

My gaydar found SV/FtS with his usual threesome, foursome, or twosome depending on the sock puppet and/or alter count.

K_Dubb is their adoring Ghost Rider Writer and, instead, should be posting his podcasts already. A bit butt-hurt here-there at the moment, but he's obviously infatuated and enchanted with those doxxer Circle of Friends (TM). Sad.

[attachment=1,msg1368961]

K_Dubb

Quote from: VC on December 12, 2019, 07:33:19 PM
My gaydar found SV/FtS with his usual threesome, foursome, or twosome depending on the sock puppet and/or alter count.

K_Dubb is their adoring Ghost Rider Writer and, instead, should be posting his podcasts already. A bit butt-hurt here-there at the moment, but he's obviously infatuated and enchanted with those doxxer Circle of Friends (TM). Sad.

[attachment=1,msg1368961]

He's talking about Pud, you ninny.  And that list has Metron's dum-diddly-dum style all over it, not my poetic effulgence.

Why would I be butthurt?  It's Christmas!  Go find something to put rum in.  But the serious grownups are talking weighty matters here (or maybe it's the other way around) and you might want to try to annoy me in the abandoned bakeshop instead.  I'm making cookies!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 12, 2019, 08:31:39 PM
He's talking about Pud, you ninny.  And that list has Metron's dum-diddly-dum style all over it, not my poetic effulgence.

Why would I be butthurt?  It's Christmas!  Go find something to put rum in.  But the serious grownups are talking weighty matters here (or maybe it's the other way around) and you might want to try to annoy me in the abandoned bakeshop instead.  I'm making cookies!

Have you tried Gas-X?

VC

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 12, 2019, 08:31:39 PM

That's waayyy too concise and insightful for Metron's walls of text and robotic bot "AI" that fools no one except as humping "Autistic Intelligence". Plus, he would have never left-out VC on the bullet list. No way for Metron to forget and make that omission. He's soooOOOooo triggered.

May be referring to Pud but can also apply to my hijacked subject, and I would love to bake cookies w/you, podcaster, ;) & Roswells, Art too.

Dr. MD MD

It’s difficult to explain the electoral college to idiots like you but, suffice to say, without it New York and California would decide everything today. The founders didn’t want their democracy to just be a mob rule. There’s communism for that.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 12, 2019, 10:35:55 PM
It’s difficult to explain the electoral college to idiots like you but, suffice to say, without it New York and California would decide everything today. The founders didn’t want their democracy to just be a mob rule. There’s communism for that.

It's to prevent a tyranny of the masses wherein densely populated states would all but disenfranchise and dictate to less populated states.  Would anyone really like California and New York State to be calling the shots for the entire nation?  Talk about a fucking nightmare. 

Taaroa

https://youtu.be/T72TopWbXJg

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on December 13, 2019, 08:04:31 AM
It's to prevent a tyranny of the masses wherein densely populated states would all but disenfranchise and dictate to less populated states.  Would anyone really like California and New York State to be calling the shots for the entire nation?  Talk about a fucking nightmare.

Australia's set up for the senate is similar (ie 12 senators from each state regardless of population) and is good in theory, but it has resulted in smaller, poorer, and normally irrelevant states like Tasmania and South Australia holding the rest of the country to ransom.