• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 26, 2017, 01:35:05 AM
However, she had a bad experience with a Nazi last year

What's the story there? I never listened to the show but she came across as pretty flaky, always coming up with some reason to not do a show so I didn't bother paying any attention to it. She did attend the Art Bell School of Broadcasting, after all, and it's hard to shake off your early training.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 26, 2017, 03:05:57 AM
What's the story there? I never listened to the show but she came across as pretty flaky, always coming up with some reason to not do a show so I didn't bother paying any attention to it. She did attend the Art Bell School of Broadcasting, after all, and it's hard to shake off your early training.

I'm not sure I remember all the details but she was researching a potential guest and after having talked to him a couple times she discovered that he was affiliated with some white supremacist group, allegedly. I guess it flipped her lid a bit.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 26, 2017, 03:11:58 AM
I'm not sure I remember all the details but she was researching a potential guest and after having talked to him a couple times she discovered that he was affiliated with some white supremacist group, allegedly. I guess it flipped her lid a bit.

A missed opportunity.

(((Mediocre)))

WOTR

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 26, 2017, 02:38:22 PM
A missed opportunity.

(((Mediocre)))
I'm sorry... Who did you say that (((you))) were?  ;)

mikuthing01

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 26, 2017, 03:11:58 AM
poor girl :'(

She had booked a guy named Frank Joseph on the show.  He's written a number of Atlantis and fringe history books which could potentially be interesting topics.  However, in the past he was known by a different name with an ugly past.  He never made it on the air on her program but it certainly upset her greatly.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 26, 2017, 08:57:43 PM
Didn't you say you missed her a few posts ago?  ???

yes, lol.... Amy needs to learn to take a joke and i am going to help her succeed

(I'm not really a Nazi i am one of the few that don't want to see bellgabs token Jew Falkie be killed by the real Nazi's that post here)

All you sick Nazi fucks know who you are and i will not allow the falkster to die in the bellgab shoah!

Dr. MD MD

Amy, if you're still lurking, here's something I know you'll like to counteract all the mean Nazis around here.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXGylKfkbE8

Quote from: WOTR on February 26, 2017, 08:51:40 PM
I'm sorry... Who did you say that (((you))) were?  ;)

Whomever you want me to be, darling. 😉

aldousburbank

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 26, 2017, 09:14:22 PM
Whomever you want me to be, darling. 😉

I want you to be Jackstar.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 26, 2017, 09:09:39 PM
She had booked a guy named Frank Joseph on the show.  He's written a number of Atlantis and fringe history books which could potentially be interesting topics.  However, in the past he was known by a different name with an ugly past.  He never made it on the air on her program but it certainly upset her greatly.
this reminds me, a bit, of the Russell Pine (aka Jordan Maxwell) and the various intrigues, court cases, conspiracy theories about him and his conspiracies, and apparent cons or crimes.

paladin1991

WTF are you all pissing about here?  A show that doesn't exist?  What kind of forum do you think this is?

Wait. 

The broad thinks there are still KKK and literal Nazis (or as the guy I roomed with in Texas pronounced it - "nyatsees") running around and popping up like thrown pokeballs. She's firstly an SJW and when she started snagging some sucess with her show she encountered people in the wider world who don't really fit in with her worldview. Sad because she had a good thing going, but alas she doesn't have the temperament nor staying power. Maybe she was another student of Art's antenna farm.

WOTR

Quote from: PrairieGhost on February 22, 2017, 09:47:12 PM
No prob, I won't promote it here. Don't want to rock the boat.
If I remember tomorrow I will promote Wednesday's show.  With a statement like that, I have to question if you are really a BellGabber.  The proper response is to tell MV to stick it where the sun don't shine, mention that the call in number is Open Lines: (424) 253-0632 Or Skype: AmyOnTheRadio, That her show airs live on the deeptalk network Wednesdays from 8-10 PM Central time and that her show will cover... Um, that this week she will be talking about... Ah, that she is scheduled to discuss...

What are the topics this week (and please tell me that there is a show to promote...)  :D

I offer lessons on "how to be a better Bellgabber" most evenings on various threads and posts right here on Bellgab through the generosity and benevolence of our spiteful, petty leader MV (who is also, fortunately, good humoured) ;)

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on February 28, 2017, 12:57:34 AM
If I remember tomorrow I will promote Wednesday's show.  With a statement like that, I have to question if you are really a BellGabber.  The proper response is to tell MV to stick it where the sun don't shine, mention that the call in number is Open Lines: (424) 253-0632 Or Skype: AmyOnTheRadio, That her show airs live on the deeptalk network Wednesdays from 8-10 PM Central time...

Lol .. there is nothing more Bellgabbian than dissent!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on February 28, 2017, 01:15:38 AM
Lol .. there is nothing more Bellgabbian than dissent!

Fuck you! I ain't down with that!  >:(

(P.S. We're still cool though, right?  ;))

JesusJuice

Would a podcast be better for her than doing a live show?

I suggested before that she should do what Whitley Strieber does on Unknown Country and have a free weekly podcast and a paid version that's longer. Then toss up a few short news stories a few times a week so people have a reason to visit the site each day.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 28, 2017, 01:19:03 AM
Fuck you! I ain't down with that!  >:(

(P.S. We're still cool though, right?  ;))

mikuthing01

Quote from: theONE's mother is a whore💯👌👏 on February 28, 2017, 01:19:29 AM
Would a podcast be better for her than doing a live show?

I suggested before that she should do what Whitley Strieber does on Unknown Country and have a free weekly podcast and a paid version that's longer. Then toss up a few short news stories a few times a week so people have a reason to visit the site each day.

Half of the fun is shitposting while we listen to the show live tho and podcast would ruin that.

zeebo

Quote from: mikuthing01🕍✡️🕎 on February 28, 2017, 01:32:45 AM
Half of the fun is shitposting while we listen to the show live tho and podcast would ruin that.

Also, in a sea of podcasts, the mere act of broadcasting live is becoming a huge differentiation factor.  I have countless hours of canned content be it radio, tv, movies, etc.  Hearing someone in real time is just a more compelling experience somehow. 

JesusJuice

She's on way too early for me. I'm not quite settled in for the night yet so I never really get to listen live. I've heard bits and pieces of it. Subscribing as a member for the podcast isn't worth it since she's only done 1.5 shows in the past three months.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on February 28, 2017, 01:37:13 AM
Also, in a sea of podcasts, the mere act of broadcasting live is becoming a huge differentiation factor.  I have countless hours of canned content be it radio, tv, movies, etc.  Hearing someone in real time is just a more compelling experience somehow.

I think this is a sentiment most of us would agree with. We all miss live talk radio and it's hurtin times for it these days.

I remember talking to Amy about the nazi thing when it happened, and it wasn't just that he was a Nazi or like Richard Spenser or some shit(though he was literally in a nazi party or something like that). He was actually a convicted child molester too. And he was a lame guest suggestion anyway, who gives a shit about atlantis. I prefer SG1 myself. Plato lied, people died.

MV/Liberace!

you could start a bellgab group who press play at the same time?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 26, 2017, 09:09:39 PM

Is that the same guy that has appeared numerous times on C2C under the name Frank Joseph Hoff?