• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Spock's FishingGab Thread.

Started by MR. Spock, April 17, 2016, 05:06:17 PM

NXOEED

I don't really go fishing, but I remember coming across this some time back while hanging posters and thinking it was the best fucking thing I had ever seen. I took like eight pics. This is the only one I seem to be able to find, unfortunately.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: MR. Spock on May 29, 2016, 09:24:42 PM
Little Chris, I did catch my limit of trout this weekend.

Is that a euphemism for gay sex at a truck stop?

whoozit

Just got back from Newfoundland.

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on July 18, 2016, 01:38:48 PM
Just got back from Newfoundland.
Nice catch! Place looks beautiful also.

akwilly

did some bottom fishing. This halibut is about 150. my dog is guarding it.

Lilith

Quote from: akwilly on August 01, 2016, 07:51:11 PM

Fantastic Picture akwillie!!!

Quote from: akwilly on October 01, 2016, 06:33:51 PM
Coho

Bastard.  I laid sod all day and can barely move.............    :'(

Just kidding on the bastard part - looks wonderful  ::) ::)

akwilly

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on October 01, 2016, 06:41:02 PM
Bastard.  I laid sod all day and can barely move.............    :'(

Just kidding on the bastard part - looks wonderful  ::) ::)
thanks, fixing to throw them in the smoker

K_Dubb

Quote from: akwilly on October 01, 2016, 06:33:51 PM
Coho

Nice fillet job, too!  I think I see an egg that got away -- save them for me.  Here's a sandwich I made.

akwilly

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 01, 2016, 07:21:50 PM
Nice fillet job, too!  I think I see an egg that got away -- save them for me.  Here's a sandwich I made.

wow that is truly allot of eggs in that dish.

akwilly

Was hoping to get shrimp but instead got lots of these tiny bastards

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on August 01, 2016, 07:51:11 PM

Ha. Nice. I love your dog. My uncle has a golden retriever that is quite fun to fish with (though not really.) Because she feels the need to dive in a grab the fish (yes, yes, many times we have to break out tools to remove hooks from her.) She will also "stalk" fish in the water by the dock (never, unless a released foul-hooked, weak fish, that someone threw back in but didn't do well, catch them. But will exhaust herself in trying.) But for younger relatives catching panfish etc there she will grab them quicker than they can reel in and so always interesting situations. Also, sometimes, hauling up an actual decent fish and also trying to haul her ass back into the boat, hair wetted down is fun. But she loves it and he loves her. So? I bring up training and what-not but to no avail. Somehow her instinct got embedded in his love to catch fish. She, also, like all retrievers (and likely other breeds) also loves to roll in whatever is most stinky. A likely poached deer carcass, bloating in the weeds near the dock was the latest. Very nice smell!

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on October 04, 2016, 08:31:13 PM
Ha. Nice. I love your dog. My uncle has a golden retriever that is quite fun to fish with (though not really.) Because she feels the need to dive in a grab the fish (yes, yes, many times we have to break out tools to remove hooks from her.) She will also "stalk" fish in the water by the dock (never, unless a released foul-hooked, weak fish, that someone threw back in but didn't do well, catch them. But will exhaust herself in trying.) But for younger relatives catching panfish etc there she will grab them quicker than they can reel in and so always interesting situations. Also, sometimes, hauling up an actual decent fish and also trying to haul her ass back into the boat, hair wetted down is fun. But she loves it and he loves her. So? I bring up training and what-not but to no avail. Somehow her instinct got embedded in his love to catch fish. She, also, like all retrievers (and likely other breeds) also loves to roll in whatever is most stinky. A likely poached deer carcass, bloating in the weeds near the dock was the latest. Very nice smell!
i love retrievers but they or any swimming dog can be challenging to have on a boat. My dog will sink with seconds if he falls in. Usually he wears a life jacket bet he has gotten to fat so I need to get him another

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on October 04, 2016, 08:39:50 PM
i love retrievers but they or any swimming dog can be challenging to have on a boat. My dog will sink with seconds if he falls in. Usually he wears a life jacket bet he has gotten to fat so I need to get him another
Yeah, I think any dog can swim but many of the smaller breeds can't very long or just sink. Especially like my neices' pug. I said don't even try and worry about their pool. BTW, an interesting "incident" some years ago with a black lab and an alligator gar (remember those from your Texas days?) Friend caught one and a friends dog wanted to "retrieve" it. I was running up to the truck to get a rifle to shoot it while he was fighting it and came running down and his dog jumped into the fight! It happened to be when all the families were around- so screaming kids and gals, a fight between fishline, hooks, dog, and gar and me trying to get a bead after many a beer. It ended up ok. And dog got taken out back to pier ok, no one injured, once dogs and kids/etc gone back so just him fighting the gar on line and me trying to aim. I shot the gar a couple times but it swam away. But then nailed a few times again when it breached a couple seconds later. But they tough and only a .22LR (good old 10/22) so it likely lived. But funny times (looking back at it.)

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on October 04, 2016, 08:56:55 PM
Yeah, I think any dog can swim but many of the smaller breeds can't very long or just sink. Especially like my neices' pug. I said don't even try and worry about their pool. BTW, an interesting "incident" some years ago with a black lab and an alligator gar (remember those from your Texas days?) Friend caught one and a friends dog wanted to "retrieve" it. I was running up to the truck to get a rifle to shoot it while he was fighting it and came running down and his dog jumped into the fight! It happened to be when all the families were around- so screaming kids and gals, a fight between fishline, hooks, dog, and gar and me trying to get a bead after many a beer. It ended up ok. And dog got taken out back to pier ok, no one injured, once dogs and kids/etc gone back so just him fighting the gar on line and me trying to aim. I shot the gar a couple times but it swam away. But then nailed a few times again when it breached a couple seconds later. But they tough and only a .22LR (good old 10/22) so it likely lived. But funny times (looking back at it.)
oh man that would have been a sight! Those freakin gars are tougher than hell. A neighbor put one in the ditch in front of his house and it lived probably 2 days with only an inch or so of water. Still not sure why he did that but as a little kid I was fascinated by it. Yep some crazy and dangers stuff down there in the Texas waters.

Hog

Quote from: cosmic hobo on May 30, 2016, 06:25:11 PM
Is that a euphemism for gay sex at a truck stop?
No that would be "Are you looking to service your 5th wheel hitch?"

peace
Hog

whoozit

Just made the last payment on my Salmon fishing trip.  Newfoundland, here I come.  Can't wait for the end of June.

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on March 03, 2017, 01:31:49 PM
Just made the last payment on my Salmon fishing trip.  Newfoundland, here I come.  Can't wait for the end of June.

Don't forget to post me some pictures :D

jazmunda

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 03, 2017, 01:47:51 PM

Aha. brig busted on the Fishing Thread. I'm watching you. :P

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 03, 2017, 01:47:51 PM

Whew!  What a relief!  I saw your name as you just recently posted in the fishing thread.  I thought you might be here talking smack about a certain someone. ;)

Lilith

jazmunda

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 03, 2017, 02:08:27 PM
I might you guys.

Stay tuned!  ;D

I'm taking copious amounts of notes.