• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Spock's FishingGab Thread.

Started by MR. Spock, April 17, 2016, 05:06:17 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2016, 06:50:41 PM
Who had to clean them? hah.
Give me a knife and a garden hose, and I can clean a fish in seconds. but a haul, eh.

We went out that day for a half day trip with a guide my brother likes.  He cleaned them. We got 4 gallon bags full of fillets. The Pelicans got the carcasses.

MR. Spock

Here is my last catch at Lake Diaz in Lone Pine Ca.

MR. Spock

Here is one of my fishing spots near Mammoth Lakes Ca.

MR. Spock

On my lunch break sometimes I come here to do some fishing. This is at Edwards afb.

venix

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2016, 05:44:35 PM
Penix's guide on being boring...

I apologize for forgetting to include you but I thought there were enough Hey I'm Chefist Look At Me! threads.

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 06:37:01 PM
This was my most recent fishing trip in Galveston Bay with my brother, and nephew. Yes, LittleChris, that is me on the right.

Amazing!

MR. Spock

Here is my catch when I was at Whitney Portal last year and a pic of convict lake near mammoth lakes ca

GravitySucks

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2016, 06:30:24 PM
paddlefish. Nebraska has huge paddlefish. But you need a permit to catch them and I think you can only catch one. I think you have to use bows. Absurd.
I caught a grass carp that was huge and it dragged us along in a raft. Thats how you catch the big fish. Fuck bows. That takes all the fun out of it. Its the fight that makes it exciting.
I have never fished in the ocean. My dad grew up in San Diego and made a living out there with fish. Thats on my bucket list. Salt water fishing. I hear Florida has some really nice packages too. Like 3000k, though I may do that some day. Catch a marlin...that would be a fight hah.

If you are going to do a bucket list trip, I suggest a package out on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. Halibut and salmon fishing in the saltwater and salmon fishing in the rivers. Best trip of my life.

I stayed in Soldotnya. Came back with 210 lbs of freezer packed halibut and Kenai King in a 7 day (5 fishing) trip. Just my brother and I fishing. 

littlechris

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 07:21:52 PM
If you are going to do a bucket list trip, I suggest a package out on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. Halibut and salmon fishing in the saltwater and salmon fishing in the rivers. Best trip of my life.

I stayed in Soldotnya. Came back with 210 lbs of freezer packed halibut and Kenai King in a 7 day (5 fishing) trip. Just my brother and I fishing.

That sounds like a GREAT time! Let's go as a group. I'm down.

coaster

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 07:21:52 PM

That sounds incredible.

coaster

Quote from: MR. Spock on April 17, 2016, 07:03:47 PM
On my lunch break sometimes I come here to do some fishing. This is at Edwards afb.
I love this. I'd throw a little lure through that grass.

chefist

Quote from: littlechris on April 17, 2016, 07:26:40 PM

Wow...I could eat fresh salmon and halibut daily!

Corona Kitty

why dont you go purify yourself in the waters of lake minnetonka

MR. Spock

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2016, 07:28:22 PM
I love this. I'd throw a little lure through that grass.
The pond has Bass, Catfish,Bluegill and in the winter the base MWR stocks rainbows into the pond. The Pond is over 1 arce big in area.

coaster

Quote from: littlechris on April 17, 2016, 07:26:40 PM
^^^fuckin a. fishing trip.

coaster

Quote from: MR. Spock on April 17, 2016, 07:35:16 PM
The pond has Bass, Catfish,Bluegill and in the winter the base MWR stocks rainbows into the pond. The Pond is over 1 arce big in area.
nice.

coaster

i had no idea you guys were into fishing. this is pretty cool to say the least. this thread. ill make sure to take some picture when i gop out on a couple days. taking the boat out to conestoga. my favorite fishing hole.

MR. Spock

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2016, 07:38:38 PM
i had no idea you guys were into fishing. this is pretty cool to say the least. this thread. ill make sure to take some picture when i gop out on a couple days. taking the boat out to conestoga. my favorite fishing hole.
Cool.

coaster

we have a lot of lakes here. the biggest two being branched oak and pawnee. and they were great. but the law, couple years ago, made it legal for folks to drink out there, so now they turned into a huge party for the college crowd. Try fishing when you have jet skis and kids screaming.
thank you for conestoga. small lake. but great fishing. best camping you will ever find.

trostol

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 06:11:47 PM
I caught this with my daughter in Roatan.

Really..SciFi looks happy there

3OctaveFart

Cabo is a hajj for blue marlin angling.

littlechris

Quote from: Meatie Pie on April 17, 2016, 07:50:43 PM
Cabo is a hajj for blue marlin angling.

Yes, and Great White's during certain parts of the year.

3OctaveFart

I was there several years back and saw a few sharks, but we hooked so much tuna and marlin it was just a joke.