• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Spock's FishingGab Thread.

Started by MR. Spock, April 17, 2016, 05:06:17 PM

Lilith

Hey George, I challenge you to go fishing, and post us a video of your favorite fishing spots, your fishing techniques, your fishing gear of choice, and why, and of course, your catch at the end of the day.  Further videos of your fish cleaning and preparations would also be great.

Lilith

Quote from: jaz on March 03, 2017, 02:11:26 PM
I'm taking copious amounts of notes.

I working up to it. We wouldn't want people to come to the thread and find out that George was ranting and raging for nothing.

jazmunda

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 03, 2017, 02:12:45 PM
Hey George, I challenge you to go fishing, and post us a video of your favorite fishing spots, your fishing techniques, your fishing gear of choice, and why, and of course, your catch at the end of the day.  Further videos of your fish cleaning and preparations would also be great.

That kinda sounds like a lot of work.

Lilith

Quote from: jaz on March 03, 2017, 02:26:55 PM
That kinda sounds like a lot of work.

Not if he sits on a big rock while he fishes surely?  :-\

whoozit

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 03, 2017, 01:47:51 PM
Don't forget to post me some pictures :D
Here's one from two years ago.

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on March 03, 2017, 02:31:33 PM
Here's one from two years ago.

Now I know what you look like from the back as well :D  That would make a great desktop wallpaper by the way!

whoozit

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 03, 2017, 02:37:26 PM
Now I know what you look like from the back as well :D  That would make a great desktop wallpaper by the way!
I've got a bunch of great landscape shots from up there.  I'll reduce the size and post sometime.

mikuthing01

I wish i could find my river fishing pix when we would go fishing for carp then beat them to death with logs and dump canned corn on them, because fuck carp!

whoozit

There's a rock for Falkie to sit on and fish. It

Careful with the smack talk Brig!  George was once a championship bass fisherman, he hypnotizes the fish with his third eye before jumping into the lake to wrasslin' 'em.

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on March 03, 2017, 02:39:25 PM
I've got a bunch of great landscape shots from up there.  I'll reduce the size and post sometime.

alright  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on March 03, 2017, 02:44:40 PM
There's a rock for Falkie to sit on and fish. It

I had a different shape in mind.  Maybe I should have said an old tree stump instead of a big rock...

SredniVashtar

I think Senda's only interested in plankton.

I think Fishing With Senda does have possibilities, but it might be hard to tempt the big guy out into the wide open spaces. The only time he's tempted to get his rod out is when he's in Starbucks surrounded by under-age girls.

whoozit

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on March 03, 2017, 02:46:21 PM
alright  ;D
Please tell me that is a screen grab from the Genesis device.

Lilith

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 03, 2017, 02:45:41 PM

Careful with the smack talk Brig!  George was once a championship bass fisherman, he hypnotizes the fish with his third eye before jumping into the lake to wrasslin' 'em.

As long as he makes us a video of it, I will give an honest critique.

Lilith

Quote from: whoozit on March 03, 2017, 02:50:01 PM
Please tell me that is a screen grab from the Genesis device.

Why of Course!  How nice of you to notice :D

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 03, 2017, 02:49:39 PM

I think Fishing With Senda does have possibilities, but it might be hard to tempt the big guy out into the wide open spaces. The only time he's tempted to get his rod out is when he's in Starbucks surrounded by under-age girls.

FIFY.  I just wanted to make sure George doesn't read that part, and give you a hard time on the air.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: mikuthing01 on March 03, 2017, 02:40:32 PM
I wish i could find my river fishing pix when we would go fishing for carp then beat them to death with logs and dump canned corn on them, because fuck carp!

I'm surprised you didn't catch them, lock them up, starve them & gas them so that your grandchildren could deny that there were ever any carp in the river.

Ciardelo

I think George is more of a clam expert.

Lilith

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 03, 2017, 06:42:31 PM

Another excellent video suggestion from our esteemed, and very insightful colleague Ciardelo.

albrecht

Quote from: cosmic hobo on March 03, 2017, 02:52:58 PM

I'm surprised you didn't catch them, lock them up, starve them & gas them so that your grandchildren could deny that there were ever any carp in the river.
;D

jazmunda

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 03, 2017, 06:42:31 PM

Check your pants. I think you just won the internet.

mikuthing01

Quote from: cosmic hobo on March 03, 2017, 02:52:58 PM

OY VEY!

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 03, 2017, 02:49:39 PM

I wonder what the parents of the girls would say, or do if they heard Senda's "Twitching" story.

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 03, 2017, 08:25:48 PM
I wonder what the parents of the girls would say, or do if they heard Senda's "Twitching" story.

I'm sure the parents would invite Senda to a "blanket party".

damon

Falkie did a shoutout for this thread.

albrecht

GS posted this in the Texas thread but I figured I'd crosspost here because DAMN that is a big fish! I think I'm sticking to the lakes for my swimming and boating now.
http://kxan.com/2017/07/10/record-breaking-hammerhead-shark-caught-near-texas-city/

damon

Quote from: albrecht on July 10, 2017, 04:48:45 PM
GS posted this in the Texas thread but I figured I'd crosspost here because DAMN that is a big fish! I think I'm sticking to the lakes for my swimming and boating now.
http://kxan.com/2017/07/10/record-breaking-hammerhead-shark-caught-near-texas-city/
I will check it out. thanks