• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are you listening to now?

Started by The Alcoholic, April 13, 2016, 09:36:00 AM

aldousburbank

I have never liked Eric Clapton much and Cream hardly. But for no apparent reason this song has recently become one I listen to nearly every day- sometimes on repeat. There's just something about the mood of it.

https://youtu.be/gSpW6MePb10

Dateline

Quote from: jayzelady on October 09, 2018, 06:50:56 PM
Plus all the new singers they used sound exactly like Steve Perry! Just got my CD of TRACES this week, looking forward to listening!

I'm ordering mine tonight.  I looked for it locally today, but did not find it in the stores.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jayzelady on October 09, 2018, 06:50:56 PM
Plus all the new singers they used sound exactly like Steve Perry!

Yup.  The Journey members who nobody can name will say shit like, "Arnel is the second best singer we've ever worked with.  Second only to Paul Rodgers."

Cough.  Paul Fucking Rodgers? 

Yeah, Rodgers is one of the greatest voices of his generation, but plenty of people would say the same about Perry.  It's embarrassing to watch.  Perry was IN THE FUCKING BAND and sang on EVERY FUCKING HIT those douches will ever hang their hats on, but Arnel is second only to Paul Fucking Rodgers?  Fucking lame, small men.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 09, 2018, 07:00:05 PM
I have never liked Eric Clapton much and Cream hardly. But for no apparent reason this song has recently become one I listen to nearly every day- sometimes on repeat. There's just something about the mood of it.

https://youtu.be/gSpW6MePb10

Please enjoy this presentation of muh band playing Badge.  Recorded a couple weeks ago.  It's one of our favorite songs to play.  Excuse my missed beat somewhere in the middle.  I think during the guitar solo.  Hope you like the sound of my new electronic drums.  Alesis Strike.

Bonus info:  The song was originally called "Bridge," a reference to the hard stop and subsequent guitar riff.  Someone viewed the name of the song upside down on the studio register and thought it said "Badge."  It stuck.

Catsmile

Quote from: Liberace! on October 09, 2018, 11:01:55 PM
Please enjoy this presentation of muh band playing Badge.  Recorded a couple weeks ago.  It's one of our favorite songs to play.  Excuse my missed beat somewhere in the middle.  I think during the guitar solo.  Hope you like the sound of my new electronic drums.  Alesis Strike.

Bonus info:  The song was originally called "Bridge," a reference to the hard stop and subsequent guitar riff.  Someone viewed the name of the song upside down on the studio register and thought it said "Badge."  It stuck.

If they looked at it sideways, they might have thought it said "Vadge."

# In The Other Timeline This Happened
# LetMeOffThisTimeLine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bp6-b0F4HE

Quote from: Jackstar on October 09, 2018, 09:05:04 PM

Just got this. Dick Valentine is a national treasure, seen them live many times.

Quote from: Liberace! on October 09, 2018, 11:01:55 PM
Hope you like the sound of my new electronic drums.  Alesis Strike.

They sound great, cover is pretty comfy pal. They're not that expensive, would you recommend them for a beginner?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 09, 2018, 11:29:41 PM
They're not that expensive, would you recommend them for a beginner?

I would if you have the money.  $1700 to $2200 isn't a small amount of money, but in terms of what you get for what you paid, it's the best deal in electronic drums available today.

Don't buy the Alesis Strike Pro.  Just get the regular Strike.  The Pro upgrades aren't worth the price difference.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on October 09, 2018, 10:53:54 PM
Yup.  The Journey members who nobody can name will say shit like, "Arnel is the second best singer we've ever worked with.  Second only to Paul Rodgers."

Cough.  Paul Fucking Rodgers? 

Yeah, Rodgers is one of the greatest voices of his generation, but plenty of people would say the same about Perry.  It's embarrassing to watch.  Perry was IN THE FUCKING BAND and sang on EVERY FUCKING HIT those douches will ever hang their hats on, but Arnel is second only to Paul Fucking Rodgers?  Fucking lame, small men.

What’s with all the Steve Perry bashing?! The guy was/is an awesome singer. Oh, Sherry!  ::)

Dr. MD MD

How do we post vids here now? Last time I just had to drop the link. Now it shows as a link and not a vid. Waaa! Baby no like. :P

Rix Gins

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2018, 06:02:37 PM
How do we post vids here now? Last time I just had to drop the link. Now it shows as a link and not a vid. Waaa! Baby no like. :P

You have to hit post after you have dropped the (share) link from YouTube.  The video doesn't show up in the preview screen. it should show up after you hit post.  Hi ya, Doc.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 10, 2018, 06:42:11 PM
You have to hit post after you have dropped the (share) link from YouTube.  The video doesn't show up in the preview screen. it should show up after you hit post.  Hi ya, Doc.

Hi, RG! I did hit post and it posted as a link rather than a vid that could be watched in page. It’s all so mystifying. :o

Rix Gins

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2018, 07:58:12 PM
Hi, RG! I did hit post and it posted as a link rather than a vid that could be watched in page. It’s all so mystifying. :o

Yeah, that's odd but when I think about it, I would occasionally post a video that would show up as a link.  Not often, just once in a great while.  Have you tried posting a different vid?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 10, 2018, 08:16:17 PM
Yeah, that's odd but when I think about it, I would occasionally post a video that would show up as a link.  Not often, just once in a great while.  Have you tried posting a different vid?

Yes.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2018, 08:17:13 PM
Yes.

Crap, I'm stumped.  Perhaps re-start your computer?  Hope you get it to work, I want to see your vids. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 10, 2018, 08:42:54 PM
Crap, I'm stumped.  Perhaps re-start your computer?  Hope you get it to work, I want to see your vids.

I had a really weird dream the other day where the dream people told me that I was a flying person, like them. In the dream I didn’t get it, thought they were talking about flying planes and I responded by saying that I was actually sort of afraid of heights. Yesterday it dawned on me that it was actually a JLS referrence.  ;)

Jackstar

I, for one, welcome the return of our poultry overlord.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2018, 08:47:21 PM
I had a really weird dream the other day where the dream people told me that I was a flying person, like them. In the dream I didn’t get it, thought they were talking about flying planes and I responded by saying that I was actually sort of afraid of heights. Yesterday it dawned on me that it was actually a JLS referrence.  ;)

Oh, I dig that dream.  Pretty cool how you got to talk to the dream people and then the JLS reference came to you later on.  Most people tend to forget dream images and conversations as time passes.  Good going, Doc.  8) 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2018, 06:02:37 PM

was it a youtu.be url?  if i recall correctly, those never embedded before.

pate

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 10, 2018, 08:42:54 PM

I discovered that it won't post as a link if it has https.youtube.com and will post as a link if it is http.youtube.com.

Apparently that "s" used to make a difference, going to test that right quick and see if it is still true.

Apparently not.

ediot: removed spammy YouTube test links

Jackstar

Right now I'm listening to Kanye West banging on the Resolute Desk like it's a drum machine.

I'll allow it.

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 09, 2018, 11:29:41 PM
Dick Valentine is a national treasure, seen them live many times.

Saw E6 live once and met Dick after the show. 

He wasn't that great of a guy, it was actually pretty disappointing to meet him.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on October 10, 2018, 10:28:03 PM
was it a youtu.be url?  if i recall correctly, those never embedded before.

No, I was just trying to post standard Youtube vids. They would always embed for me before.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 11, 2018, 02:54:14 PM
No, I was just trying to post standard Youtube vids. They would always embed for me before.

Have you tried a different browser?

Also, if your posting the video from an email notification link that takes you to the vid, that link won't work.

You probably already know all this, but I'm posting just in case.

Can you try to post one, so I can see the link you are trying to post by clicking the quote button?

Jackstar

Quote from: creepygreenlight on October 11, 2018, 02:51:41 PM
it was actually pretty disappointing to meet him.

He's a man, not a disco ball.