• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hated radio hosts/personalities

Started by Sean92008, February 15, 2016, 12:20:57 AM

Sean92008

My entry:  Anyone that refers to either others or themselves as "a great American." 

PChirp

Quote from: Sean92008 on February 15, 2016, 12:20:57 AM
My entry:  Anyone that refers to either others or themselves as "a great American."

I believe you're referring to Bill Cunningham.  Yes, the attorney-turned-Springer talk show host who, without a doubt, has an undeniable face for radio.   ???

AvDaBr

Quote from: PChirp on February 15, 2016, 12:38:35 AM
I believe you're referring to Bill Cunningham.  Yes, the attorney-turned-Springer talk show host who, without a doubt, has an undeniable face for radio.   ???

He's the originator of it, though Hannity has also used it for some time now- at least I assume he still does.  Cunningham is much better on his own show in Cincinnati IMO than on his syndicated Sunday night show.  He's actually pretty funny.

Hog

Quote from: Sean92008 on February 15, 2016, 12:20:57 AM
Dont call into Michael Savages show and use that term, that phrase  wont make the airwaves.

peace
Hog

PChirp

Quote from: AvDaBr on February 15, 2016, 12:43:12 AM
He's the originator of it, though Hannity has also used it for some time now- at least I assume he still does.  Cunningham is much better on his own show in Cincinnati IMO than on his syndicated Sunday night show.  He's actually pretty funny.

No offense meant toward those who are Cunningham fans.  I, too, have heard his Sunday night radio shows but the "Great American" shtick runs a bit thin after awhile---including Hannity.  Happy you pointed Hannity out as I forgot.   ???

Hank

Cunningham's local show is awesome. Or used to be, as I haven't listened for a long while. I loved it when he told the sportscaster to get Griffey Jr in the Reds' parking garage when the show was over. Bill was gonna kick his ass. Lol

Sean92008

That whole "great American" stuff is thrown around way too liberally.  Too few deserve it.

I cannot stand a lot of sports talk guys either.  Mainly because they're too Heather Wade-ish, hit too many times in the head.  Paul Sileo (sp?) and Scott Kaplan here in San Diego both suck royally in the sports-talk genre.  Jim Rome... Fuck, what is that guy on?  ADHD drugs should fix him.

Glen Beck and Clyde Lewis, our Mormon members of the sucky radio hosts hall of shame.  I really tuned Lewis out after that 6" alien bullshit, especially one photo (which I tried to find in a Google search tonight, but it has disappeared).  I took Photoshop and copied the 6" alien and overlaid it with the hand in the photo...  The average man's hand width is something around 3.3" and that hand was nearly 7" (using the alien as a measurement tool).  The hand was shown in close proximity to the "alien" body, so there was no perspective or proximity issue, it was Photoshopped or the thing wasn't 6".

Lewis shot back at me with a tirade of insults and a few choice words like "jerk."  He lacked the discernment to figure that one out, Kool-Aid drinker that he is.

AvDaBr

QuoteThat whole "great American" stuff is thrown around way too liberally.  Too few deserve it.

In principle that's essentially inarguable.  But it's more a lighthearted salutation not to be taken seriously.

QuoteI cannot stand a lot of sports talk guys either.

I'm still a fan of sports, though not to the extent I once was.  But as a group I have found there are too many frat boy types in that field.

QuoteGlen Beck and Clyde Lewis, our Mormon members of the sucky radio hosts hall of shame.

They're okay in my book.  I think Lewis is a pretty solid host for the most part, but I tire of the perpetual apocalyptic conspiracy.  It'd be nice if he'd do more paranormal stuff.

yumyumtree

I don't believe in hating people, but will list some of my current least favorites.

Todd Herman. Don't know if all his righteous indignation about everything from Sound Transit to Seattle homeless encampment is for real. His a d his wife's 30 10 weight loss commercials are pretty tiresome too. I will elaborate on this if you wish.

Lars Larson. It's like wall to wall Lars on KVI now.

Still can't stand Cunningham.

Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin are now on my shit list.

Armstrong and Getty are OK, but seemed to get more moronic in their third hour.

I still like Eric Metaxas but am questioning more of his judgement. Same with Dennis Prager. I can't get him in Everett, but hear things.

Carrie Abbott (local on Christian station.) Sometimes she's good, but I question some of her judgement. This winter she had on an anti-vaxxer, who of course said she wasn't an anti-vaxxer. Then a few weeks after that she has an embarrassingly gushy show on Trump and perpetrated the notion that a lot of protestors are paid by George Soros. Then, strangest of all, last week she had her daughter on, seemingly to shill for Mary Kay (for you men, in case you don't know, Mary Kay is a very old cosmetics multilevel marketing company.)

Ciardelo

There were a significant amount of Soros backed protesters at Trump events yumyum.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 11, 2017, 09:56:20 PM
There were a significant amount of Soros backed protesters at Trump events yumyum.

Thats what people claim--as well as the womens' march, BLM and others. But I'm beginning to question it.

Ciardelo

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 11, 2017, 10:07:40 PM
Thats what people claim--as well as the womens' march, BLM and others. But I'm beginning to question it.

You live in your world, I'll live in mine.  :)

trostol

pretty much hate radio the way it is set up..least music wise...not sure about talk shows cause i hate people talking about nothing..but for music..for example..branch out and stop playing the same 100..200 songs every week..i can only hear Stairway to Heaven so many times a week

ninjashoes

Rush - boring Republican trolling, makes right wingers even stupider than they already are

Sean Hannity - same

I hate any show where you have to listen to conservative horseshit. Its basically just a way of jerking people off by reinforcing their beliefs and telling them what they believe in definitely true.

zeebo

Rush is the only one of his group I actually find entertaining.  At least he's got a wry delivery as he satirizes what he sees as comically absurd, and keeps relatively calm and lucid.  Others in his genre, notably Beck, Levin, and Savage - just sound like raving loons on a street corner, with red, teary eyes, pleading with the world to hear the great truth they've been chosen to deliver. 

Alex Jones is too detached from reality imho.  Hannity is such a wuss about having honest debates - he just browbeats any guest/caller that he doesn't like.  I'll admit, without getting too political here, that I have personal distaste for his years of pushing the Iraq war and then quietly just kind of dropping the subject without any admission of error, when it fell out of favor with the public. 

Is Dr. Laura still on?  Why do people torture themselves listening to her?  It actually makes me feel ill to hear her disapproving lectures.  Shudder.

Then there's Joe Pags.  Why is this bore on the radio?  He's tedious and loud and has nothing to offer except superficial observations and mundane personal details and little jokes that he thinks are so funny.  I don't really hate any of these people, but there's something about this Pags doofus that throws me into an internal rage which can only be quelled by immediately-administered relaxation therapy protocols.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 12, 2017, 12:19:13 AM
Define reality  ???

Dude wrong thread, ask that in Hardest Questions.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on April 12, 2017, 12:21:12 AM
Dude wrong thread, ask that in Hardest Questions.  ;)

It just always strikes me as funny when someone questions someone's credibility with nebulous statements like that.  ;)

Rix Gins

Bill O’Reilly.  Well, I don't really hate him, but he is rather pompous, the way he sits in his chair and acts like somebody had died and made him God.  He reminds me of some bosses I have had.  Yeah, the ones that were more than willing to hand out orders but could hardly ever give a compliment for a job well done.  I figure O'Reilly does hand out an 'atta boy' to some of his writers, production crew and interns, if he's got 'em.  Yup, to the biggest ass kissers, that is.  And the way he looks at some of the female co-workers....why you would almost think that he was going to,,,,aw, what the hell.  I changed my mind.  I hate the guy.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 12, 2017, 12:25:30 AM
It just always strikes me as funny when someone questions someone's credibility with nebulous statements like that.  ;)

Not really challenging his cred, though.  I see it more like this.  Everyone's got a world view of some sort.  We tend to see events around us through that filter, but there's still room for some flexibility.  Ok fair enough.  But Jones strikes me as the type who's got such a hardened ideological belief system that he'll actually warp any possible event to fit his own perspective - i.e. an extreme version of confirmation bias. 

That doesn't mean he's necessarily wrong - sometimes he's said stuff I agree with, and I especially agree with his appeals to question authority and media spins.  But I do find his uniform interpretations of things to be, well tiresome.  Plus he screams alot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on April 12, 2017, 12:59:06 AM
Not really challenging his cred, though.  I see it more like this.  Everyone's got a world view of some sort.  We tend to see events around us through that filter, but there's still room for some flexibility.  Ok fair enough.  But Jones strikes me as the type who's got such a hardened ideological belief system that he'll actually warp any possible event to fit his own perspective - i.e. an extreme version of confirmation bias. 

That doesn't mean he's necessarily wrong - sometimes he's said stuff I agree with, and I especially agree with his appeals to question authority and media spins.  But I do find his uniform interpretations of things to be, well tiresome.  Plus he screams alot.

Yes, he has a belief system that I'd describe as Christian constitutionalist libertarian, or something close to that, anyway. Has he been wrong and acted absurdly? Sure but no more so than the mainstream media. In fact, probably less so given the real world consequences that have usually followed from the mainstream media's selling of desired messages. Desired by who? Good question because we know it's most often not the majority of Americans.  ;)

I still think he's a good counter balance to the constant bullshit the mainstream media tries to sell us but so are people like Jimmy Dore and countless other independents on YouTube now. I much prefer them to anything mainstream these days.

zeebo

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 12, 2017, 12:56:02 AM
Bill O’Reilly.  Well, I don't really hate him, but ... aw, what the hell.  I changed my mind.  I hate the guy.

lol ... regardless of if he's right or wrong, for me his personality is a dealbreaker. 

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 12, 2017, 01:10:10 AM
... Has he been wrong and acted absurdly? Sure but no more so than the mainstream media....

Yeah I'm actually just realizing this thread topic is by definition a bit unfair - since so much of nat'l talk radio is conservative, the hate's gonna naturally seem tilted that way. 

Now if we were to include Cable TV, e.g. CNN and MSNBC, oh man I'd have a loooong list.   ::)

Ciardelo

Quote from: zeebo on April 12, 2017, 01:15:02 AM
Yeah I'm actually just realizing this thread topic is by definition a bit unfair - since so much of nat'l talk radio is conservative, the hate's gonna naturally seem tilted that way. 

Now if we were to include Cable TV, e.g. CNN and MSNBC, oh man I'd have a loooong list.   ::)

Dyna-X

Howard Stern. Well, maybe not hate, but I think he is highly overrated and lucky to be 6'5" else his ego would have overflowed like one of his toilets. He is also as greasy and slick as the Exxon or BP of radio, paying FCC fines like they are a minor nuisance. Definitely helped to drive radio over the cliff and made shock jockery so ubiquitous it lost any meaning.

Robert

Is this about those we love to hate, or just those we think perform badly?  George Noory performs badly, and some find it fun to discuss how bad his shows get -- some Nooryisms are hilarious -- but does anyone enjoy hating him?

Dyna-X

Quote from: Robert on April 12, 2017, 03:43:04 PM
Is this about those we love to hate, or just those we think perform badly?  George Noory performs badly, and some find it fun to discuss how bad his shows get -- some Nooryisms are hilarious -- but does anyone enjoy hating him?
I'd go with ones that we can't be bothered to listen to whether they are talented or not. Ones that get us pissed off or are laugh fodder are part of the enjoyment.

I hate Ghostler and the Ghostler Youth!

"Heil Ghostler, heil Ghostler Youth!"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: rekcuf on April 12, 2017, 04:05:17 PM
I hate Ghostler and the Ghostler Youth!

"Heil Ghostler, heil Ghostler Youth!"

Corona Kitty

Bill O'Reilly & Rush are up there.