• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

demonoid

Started by wr250, February 11, 2016, 08:48:55 AM

wr250

i would highly recommend NOT using demonoid for the time being.
demonoid is adding the demonii.com tracker automatically to *all* torrents uploaded. i have done some testing to prove this.

demonii.com's  parent group was "reassigned" to the MPAA . the demonii.com site is a blank page. even the page source is blank (no source code for the page even). it is still live, so someone is paying to host a blank website. and who does that ?
unless they  have some *other* ideas such as keeping the domain name alive (well dont need a actual site to do that i suppose) or using it to run a tracker so they can track (lol) who is using their trackers.

as a side note i am in general taking a break from bellgab, but considered this important enough to make a post.
yes i am ok, and will return sometime.

cweb

Good to know. Many thanks!

MV/Liberace!

if everyone uses btguard.com, none of this will be of issue.

wr250

Quote from: MV on February 11, 2016, 12:31:03 PM
if everyone uses btguard.com, none of this will be of issue.
doesn't matter if the tracker itself is compromised.

starrmtn001

Quote from: wr250 on February 11, 2016, 08:48:55 AM
i would highly recommend NOT using demonoid for the time being.
demonoid is adding the demonii.com tracker automatically to *all* torrents uploaded. i have done some testing to prove this.

demonii.com's  parent group was "reassigned" to the MPAA . the demonii.com site is a blank page. even the page source is blank (no source code for the page even). it is still live, so someone is paying to host a blank website. and who does that ?
unless they  have some *other* ideas such as keeping the domain name alive (well dont need a actual site to do that i suppose) or using it to run a tracker so they can track (lol) who is using their trackers.

as a side note i am in general taking a break from bellgab, but considered this important enough to make a post.

Oh sure WR250, and this isn't? ??? I am glad that you're okay. ;)

Glad I am a Pirate bay user.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wr250 on February 11, 2016, 01:47:33 PM
doesn't matter if the tracker itself is compromised.

then explain that, because it would be news to me.

zeebo

Quote from: wr250 on February 11, 2016, 08:48:55 AM
..as a side note i am in general taking a break from bellgab, but considered this important enough to make a post.

Thanks for the info wr .. we'll leave a linux term window open for when you come back.  :)

wr250

Quote from: MV on February 13, 2016, 12:40:05 AM
then explain that, because it would be news to me.

you download the torrent. you load the torrent into your BT client. you contact the tracker to get the files. since the tracker is now owned by the MPAA, they now have an ip address they can go after. so even if you use any of the numerous proxies, the MPAA may (try to) force them to reveal and and all connections to the proxies via court order in whatever country the proxy is in. 
or the MPAA/RIAA may simply sue the proxy out of business.

in the case of demonoid, demonoid has been adding the demonii tracker without disclosing it. the yts group (which ran the demonii tracker out of new zealand) has been sued out of existence by the MPAA. the yts/yify domain has been reassigned to the MPAA. the demonii domain is now parked with an unknown owner. yet the tracker is still working for new torrents.
draw your own conclusions from that
link:
https://torrentfreak.com/demonii-torrent-tracker-shuts-down-for-good-151116/
https://torrentfreak.com/largest-bittorrent-tracker-demonii-will-shut-down-soon-151104/

ziznak

Quote from: wr250 on February 13, 2016, 06:33:41 AM
you download the torrent. you load the torrent into your BT client. you contact the tracker to get the files. since the tracker is now owned by the MPAA, they now have an ip address they can go after. so even if you use any of the numerous proxies, the MPAA may (try to) force them to reveal and and all connections to the proxies via court order in whatever country the proxy is in. 

in the case of demonoid, demonoid has been adding the demonii tracker without disclosing it. the yts group (which ran the demonii tracker out of new zealand) has been sued out of existence by the MPAA. the yts/yify domain has been reassigned to the MPAA. the demonii domain is now parked with an unknown owner. yet the tracker is still working for new torrents.
link:
https://torrentfreak.com/largest-bittorrent-tracker-demonii-will-shut-down-soon-151104/
what if you are constantly spoofing your mac address and using xfinity wifi routers out on the street?

wr250

Quote from: ziznak on February 13, 2016, 08:43:47 PM
what if you are constantly spoofing your mac address and using someone else's xfinity wifi routers out on the street?

well that works.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wr250 on February 13, 2016, 06:33:41 AM

link:

btguard does not log connections, so none of this is an issue for the end user.