• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

Is Darkest Dungeon in anyone's steam list?

trostol

Quote from: The King of Kings on February 01, 2016, 05:15:53 PM
Is Darkest Dungeon in anyone's steam list?

i was playing a bit of that the other day...brilliant game

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on February 01, 2016, 04:09:36 PM
the character models (female)...... i'm so going to jail.  :o  ;D  ;)

example one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXbFjAGeFJk

two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jY93URHChU

;D

oh well. iffin ya gotta play with paper dolls... digital ones gotta be more than paper tab-on attire eh?

Quote from: trostol on February 01, 2016, 05:16:47 PM
i was playing a bit of that the other day...brilliant game

Yeah, I can only play a bit at a time too.  Once I start stringing together 4-5 curse words I have to stop.

trostol

Quote from: The King of Kings on February 01, 2016, 07:12:57 PM
Yeah, I can only play a bit at a time too.  Once I start stringing together 4-5 curse words I have to stop.

yeah thats usually my clue to put the game down for some time lol

area51drone

Bought myself a GORF upright tonight.  Not sure why.. probably because it was cheap.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7983

trostol

Quote from: area51drone on February 08, 2016, 02:22:35 AM
Bought myself a GORF upright tonight.  Not sure why.. probably because it was cheap.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7983

lol i remember that game...kool

Received a nintendo 3ds as a Christmas gift, I have not had this much fun with games in a long time. I'm impressed with the glasses-free 3d.

area51drone

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 08, 2016, 05:16:20 AM
Received a nintendo 3ds as a Christmas gift, I have not had this much fun with games in a long time. I'm impressed with the glasses-free 3d.

Make sure you get yourself one of these...   

http://www.sc3ds.com/

ziznak

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 08, 2016, 05:16:20 AM
what games have you been playing? 

Quote from: ziznak on February 08, 2016, 11:09:48 AM
what games have you been playing?
So far I have played New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 3D Land, which came with the system. Both of them are 10/10 and gave the Nintendo quality I expected. I understand that A Link Between Worlds is also a must-play for this system, so I think that's going to be the one I try next. I haven't had a handheld around in many years, it's nice to be able to take a break from work, pop it open for a level or two and then go back. Takes no time to wake up from sleep when the screen is opened, so it's like having a game always on the go.

Also, I recently found this gem on steam and have had fun with it:
https://youtu.be/rI_r-g4VnsY
Haven't finished it yet but I'm hoping to have a bit more time with it soon. The stealth gameplay is great, reminds me of a cross between Metal Gear and Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven.

Quote from: area51drone on February 08, 2016, 09:52:43 AM
Make sure you get yourself one of these...   

http://www.sc3ds.com/
Whoa! Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of such a thing before.

ziznak

check out the virtual console stuff... lotsa old school games from the nintendo menu there.  check out Monster Hunter 4 ultimate... i'm going to hit 1000 hours someday soon just playing that game.

Nice to see that they finally made a working flashcart for the 3ds too! last time i had checked they hadn't quite gotten it down yet.  I still have my acekard flashcart for the dsi.  it's got tons of games and emu's on it even though I have actually paid nintendo for a lot of those games on the virtual console.

anyways... yeah im a bit of a nintendo fanboy I guess.  actually the way i figure it I probly still owe them money so... gotta even things out.  I'm still grabbing a new flashcart tho! working mame on a handheld is a dream cometrue

trostol

Quote from: ziznak on February 08, 2016, 10:39:34 PM
check out the virtual console stuff... lotsa old school games from the nintendo menu there.  check out Monster Hunter 4 ultimate... i'm going to hit 1000 hours someday soon just playing that game.

Nice to see that they finally made a working flashcart for the 3ds too! last time i had checked they hadn't quite gotten it down yet.  I still have my acekard flashcart for the dsi.  it's got tons of games and emu's on it even though I have actually paid nintendo for a lot of those games on the virtual console.

anyways... yeah im a bit of a nintendo fanboy I guess.  actually the way i figure it I probly still owe them money so... gotta even things out.  I'm still grabbing a new flashcart tho! working mame on a handheld is a dream cometrue

have not owned a Nintendo system since the SNES lol which is actually..probably my fave console of all time

zeebo

Quote from: area51drone on February 08, 2016, 02:22:35 AM

Last nite I watched "Atari: Game Over" and "High Score" which got me nostalgic for the classic coin-ops.  It got me thinking about a space shooter game I played in the eighties, which I only remember being at one arcade, and I'd forgotten the name. 

I'd rememberd it had these cool effects and waves of different alien ship types and .. after doing some sleuthing, I finally found it.  Astro Blaster!  Picked up a MAME version to screw around with for now, but one day, gonna get me an upright of this.

area51drone

Cool, I don't really remember seeing that one.   You should check out the movie King of Arcades, it was pretty good too.   

I almost got the GORF working tonight.. the screen is scrolling horizontally, and doesn't play quite right but I got some sounds and you can sort of see the gameplay which was exciting.   Dusting off a game from 1981 that probably hasn't seen any action since the mid to late 80's is like a time capsule.  It even had an old analog multimeter sitting in the bottom of it.   I know virtually nothing about fixing vids, but I'll get it working.    I really bought it to turn it into a mame machine..  I think it's got cool art and the joystick is the same as Tron.   But I'll keep all the parts so I can put it back into a gorf at any time.

Quote from: area51drone on February 09, 2016, 03:07:18 AM
Cool, I don't really remember seeing that one.   You should check out the movie King of Arcades, it was pretty good too.   

I almost got the GORF working tonight.. the screen is scrolling horizontally, and doesn't play quite right but I got some sounds and you can sort of see the gameplay which was exciting.   Dusting off a game from 1981 that probably hasn't seen any action since the mid to late 80's is like a time capsule.  It even had an old analog multimeter sitting in the bottom of it.   I know virtually nothing about fixing vids, but I'll get it working.    I really bought it to turn it into a mame machine..  I think it's got cool art and the joystick is the same as Tron.   But I'll keep all the parts so I can put it back into a gorf at any time.

That's a really nice project. The end result is going to be so satisfying once you're up and GORFing.

Quote from: ziznak on February 08, 2016, 10:39:34 PM

Will do, I haven't yet looked at all at the store. I got into the emulation thing a few years ago and haven't looked back since. So I feel I also owe Nintendo as well :)
MAME on a handheld would be really cool...

zeebo

Quote from: area51drone on February 09, 2016, 03:07:18 AM
...Dusting off a game from 1981 ...

A quick check shows me '81 included not only your Gorf & my Astro Blaster .. but also Centipede, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac-Man & Frogger - good year!

Coffeeman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 08, 2016, 11:25:42 AM
So far I have played New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 3D Land, which came with the system. Both of them are 10/10 and gave the Nintendo quality I expected. I understand that A Link Between Worlds is also a must-play for this system, so I think that's going to be the one I try next. I haven't had a handheld around in many years, it's nice to be able to take a break from work, pop it open for a level or two and then go back. Takes no time to wake up from sleep when the screen is opened, so it's like having a game always on the go.

Also, I recently found this gem on steam and have had fun with it:
https://youtu.be/rI_r-g4VnsY
Haven't finished it yet but I'm hoping to have a bit more time with it soon. The stealth gameplay is great, reminds me of a cross between Metal Gear and Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven.
Whoa! Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of such a thing before.

Klei makes some great games. If you like TBS/tactical games, Invisible Inc. is another one by them I recommend. The procedurally-generated maps brought a lot of that tense, "what the hell's on the other side of that door" moments the original X-COM had.

Quote from: Coffeeman on February 09, 2016, 05:53:07 AM
Klei makes some great games. If you like TBS/tactical games, Invisible Inc. is another one by them I recommend. The procedurally-generated maps brought a lot of that tense, "what the hell's on the other side of that door" moments the original X-COM had.

I've never heard of Klei before but after the ninja game I'll be hungry for more.
I loved the original XCOM from back in the day, have not yet had the chance to play the latest one though it is installed on one of the machines in this house. What's TBS stand for anyway?

ziznak

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 09, 2016, 06:31:34 AM
I've never heard of Klei before but after the ninja game I'll be hungry for more.
I loved the original XCOM from back in the day, have not yet had the chance to play the latest one though it is installed on one of the machines in this house. What's TBS stand for anyway?
get mariokart so we can race!

ziznak

4742-5318-2358 is my FC anybody from bellgab feel free to add me and I guess pm me your FC or maybe post it here

:)

game on

Coffeeman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 09, 2016, 06:31:34 AM

Sorry, it means "turn-based strategy". Honestly, I couldn't get into the new XCOM to finish it; though that it worked well as a console game was neat. The original Microprose game can be played on modern machines now through OpenXCOM. http://openxcom.org

Sort  of what I thought, if you liked the original, you'd probably like Invisible Inc.   ;D
Kind of retro-themed, 50's scifi (not obnoxious, though) espionage strategy where every map, every campaign you start goes differently.

Skyrim is one of the best games i have ever played.

Elder scrolls online and black ops 3 . xbox one

Rix Gins

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on February 09, 2016, 10:49:16 PM
Skyrim is one of the best games i have ever played.

Elder scrolls online and black ops 3 . xbox one

Right on, Bobby.  Think I'll go play me some Skyrim.

zeebo

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on February 09, 2016, 10:49:16 PM
Skyrim is one of the best games i have ever played. ...

I loved the graphics and gameplay (especially the satisfying combat), but it didn't seem as deep or compelling as Morrowind.  I had alot of fun with it at first but then kind of lost interest. 

MW has better role-playing and to me a much more interesting world, but nowadays I just can't deal with it's sucky combat and clunky interface (especially if you try w/ a controller). 

Solution?  Oblivion?  Nope - I've found Fallout NV to have the best of both worlds (good graphics, gameplay, world, and RPG elements).  :)  My only complaint really is I wish it was alot bigger since it's so much fun.

trostol

start a game called Firewatch earlier..very pretty Art direction on it so far

Quote from: Coffeeman on February 09, 2016, 07:58:58 PM
Sorry, it means "turn-based strategy". Honestly, I couldn't get into the new XCOM to finish it; though that it worked well as a console game was neat. The original Microprose game can be played on modern machines now through OpenXCOM. http://openxcom.org

Sort  of what I thought, if you liked the original, you'd probably like Invisible Inc.   ;D
Kind of retro-themed, 50's scifi (not obnoxious, though) espionage strategy where every map, every campaign you start goes differently.

Looking forward to the new XCOM, but I really only bought it because of how much I loved the original and Terror from the Deep. I will check out openXCOM, I've been playing it through dosbox which works well enough. I also messed with Amiga emulation for a while but the Amiga and dos versions are pretty much indistinguishable to me.
I like the sound of Invisible Inc., I really loved the original Syndicate and a mashup of that with XCOM would really hit the spot. As for the 50s motif, remember Evil Genius?

Anyway I wish I would have figured out TBS on my own, now I've lost all cred and have been demoted to noob :)

onan

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 10, 2016, 04:02:03 AM
Looking forward to the new XCOM, but I really only bought it because of how much I loved the original and Terror from the Deep. I will check out openXCOM, I've been playing it through dosbox which works well enough. I also messed with Amiga emulation for a while but the Amiga and dos versions are pretty much indistinguishable to me.
I like the sound of Invisible Inc., I really loved the original Syndicate and a mashup of that with XCOM would really hit the spot. As for the 50s motif, remember Evil Genius?

Anyway I wish I would have figured out TBS on my own, now I've lost all cred and have been demoted to noob :)

Yeah you probably ebayed your character.