• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

zeebo

Picked up the GTA trilogy awhile back.  Of the three I hadn't gotten around to San Andreas, so playing that one now.  So far it's been fun, with a not-too-serious vibe but also generally more engaging than 4 was imho.  Also I'd forgotten how cathartic GTA could be lol.

trostol

i have come to the conclusion...vault tec are the true villains of the fallout worls

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on July 19, 2016, 01:00:23 AM
i have come to the conclusion...vault tec are the true villains of the fallout worls

yea dude they hint it heavily when you meet the vault tech salesmen in fo4

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on July 19, 2016, 01:02:58 AM
yea dude they hint it heavily when you meet the vault tech salesmen in fo4

would make for an excellent dlc at some point or the very end of the series all together lol taking down VT lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on July 19, 2016, 01:04:31 AM
would make for an excellent dlc at some point or the very end of the series all together lol taking down VT lol

im pretty sure they pushed the nuclear war to happen on a certain timetable

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on July 19, 2016, 01:00:23 AM

I'm still suspicious of the Dandy Boy Apples folks.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on July 19, 2016, 01:07:12 AM
im pretty sure they pushed the nuclear war to happen on a certain timetable

hm..interesting theory

zeebo

Another moody shot from Skyrim.  This time with the aurora.  Next time I'll post a daytime pic I promise hehe.

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on July 19, 2016, 01:31:50 AM
Another moody shot from Skyrim.  This time with the aurora.  Next time I'll post a daytime pic I promise hehe.

:-\ i cant wait till oct

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on July 19, 2016, 01:35:54 AM
:-\ i cant wait till oct

I tried to start over with a sucky character but decided I'd wait till the next version to re-start.  Even now my elf is only like mid-30's level since I spend so much time just wandering around doing random stuff lol.

Rix Gins

Skyrim.  Was able to capture a shot of my pet spider checking out my stuffed spider.

Rix Gins

Quote from: zeebo on July 19, 2016, 01:38:39 AM
I tried to start over with a sucky character but decided I'd wait till the next version to re-start.  Even now my elf is only like mid-30's level since I spend so much time just wandering around doing random stuff lol.

I like to make money when I'm not on a major quest.  Got over two million $'s in gold so far.  (Drives my wife crazy cuz she wants me to do all the quests.)

I_Speculate

If you enjoy space and building things i suggest checking out Kerbal Space Program.

Build your own rockets... take off to the moon and other planets. NASA created some in game missions. You can play in sandbox or career mode.

Build rovers to explore planets. Launch satellites into orbit. Build Space planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPCMmqA0RUE

My brother in law gave me a Nintendo 3DS for Christmas. I haven't played a game in a long time because of work, but I haven't put this thing down. I played the mario games, the Zelda game (A Link Between Worlds) and now I'm playing through Megaman Legacy which collects all of the 8-bit Megaman games together. The glasses free 3D is a wonder, it's a really convincing effect and adds immersion to the games.

My favorite part of this system is that you can pause the game and then close the lid. The system goes into sleep mode but there's no wait time at all for it to come back to life when it's opened, it's just like turning off the TV and leaving your game paused. Because of the instantaneous wake up it's always ready. So I can work at my desk for a half hour, pick up the 3DS, polish off a mario level or two and then go right back to work. It makes for a great break.

Anyway, been loving this system and put more time on it than any other in the past four or five years. 10/10.

trostol

saw ST yesterday and during the previews i was shown a preview of Assassin's Creed and it totally turned me around...i didn't before seeing that..want to see it..but now i do...it looked very well done..so they at least may not have..fucked it up lol

Quote from: trostol on July 25, 2016, 05:58:49 PM
saw ST yesterday and during the previews i was shown a preview of Assassin's Creed and it totally turned me around...i didn't before seeing that..want to see it..but now i do...it looked very well done..so they at least may not have..fucked it up lol
I am currently playing black flag, I am enjoying it.

Will be interesting to see how the movie turns out.

Gruntled

Thoroughly enjoyed "ROTTR" . Almost finished.
Newest patch disables sreenshot capabilities using DX12.
Here's old one.

trostol

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 26, 2016, 04:54:40 AM
I am currently playing black flag, I am enjoying it.

Will be interesting to see how the movie turns out.

love Black Flag..it's among the best of them..Syndicate is also very good

comaphobe

i have recently added about 40-50 games to my PSP stack from a seller on kijiji. my next goal is to reach 200 UMDs with cases and manuals. i just shot well over 100 this week.  i have no first person shooters, and no RPGs with the exception of a final fantasy game or two which i have not ever touched on PSP yet.

i'm trying to find a PSP camera and GPS. i think i have about 6-7 different PSPs now, different models and several different colors. A couple are near mint and never touched. One is a total beater with about 5,000 hrs of playtime on it, another is dead and pending diagnosis, and a couple others are for casual usage. next target is a metal gear solid PSP, there are 2-3 different ones and the camouflage one usually costs a nut.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on July 27, 2016, 01:46:45 AM
i have recently added about 40-50 games to my PSP stack from a seller on kijiji. my next goal is to reach 200 UMDs with cases and manuals. i just shot well over 100 this week.  i have no first person shooters, and no RPGs with the exception of a final fantasy game or two which i have not ever touched on PSP yet.

i'm trying to find a PSP camera and GPS. i think i have about 6-7 different PSPs now, different models and several different colors. A couple are near mint and never touched. One is a total beater with about 5,000 hrs of playtime on it, another is dead and pending diagnosis, and a couple others are for casual usage. next target is a metal gear solid PSP, there are 2-3 different ones and the camouflage one usually costs a nut.

Yeah, truly one of the best handhelds ever. I just picked up UMD versions of Alien, Big Trouble In Little China and Escape From New York for $3 each. Have you considered moving up to a Vita yet though? I'm not sure how developed the customization is in regard to emulators and such but that sweet extra thumb stick keeps calling me.  ;)

BTW, is there a webpage that shows all the different models that were produced?

I also picked up one of these today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFPSG_kGUvY

While I have NES emulated on a couple of different systems now this doesn't help when it comes to the light gun games for the system. For these you need actual hardware and a CRT TV. Anyone have any experience with it?

comaphobe

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 27, 2016, 02:33:55 AM
Yeah, truly one of the best handhelds ever. I just picked up UMD versions of Alien, Big Trouble In Little China and Escape From New York for $3 each. Have you considered moving up to a Vita yet though? I'm not sure how developed the customization is in regard to emulators and such but that sweet extra thumb stick keeps calling me.  ;)

BTW, is there a webpage that shows all the different models that were produced?

I also picked up one of these today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFPSG_kGUvY

While I have NES emulated on a couple of different systems now this doesn't help when it comes to the light gun games for the system. For these you need actual hardware and a CRT TV. Anyone have any experience with it?

I opted not to get Vita. It still doesn't have the enthusiasm of development like PSP did. It's totally overshadowed by the 3DS. Soon or later I will probably grab a used one but I don't see an actual future in it as I do my PSP investment. To me it would be worth owning one if there was an Ace Combat, SSX, or Hot Shots Golf available. I think there is a redo of MGS3 Snake Eater for Vita and I will probably grab one for that. I saw a demo of the 3DS version of that game and it was disappointing. I have no idea what degree homebrew culture is at with Vita. No doubt there is emulation. Early on I heard the system auto-updates. I would like to play some PS1 classics on PSP. Sony recently ended connectivity between PSPs and the online store. I have never purchased anything from PSN but want the original Resident Evil Trilogy as well as Metal Gear Solid 1 from PS1.

I grabbed about 28 games and maybe 8-10 UMD movies a couple days ago from a single seller and 2 of the movies were Jumanji and Kung Fu Hustle. atleast 4-5 of them were total horseshit movies and will probably unload once i evaluate what games and UMDs i should get rid of. I have recently accumulated about 7-8 doubles. some are different versions. i have Lords of Dogtown in the small cardboard slipcase and also in full jewelcase so that is a dilemma because i like that movie so i might keep both. But a handful of games I do have doubles of and if one is a greatest hits version I prefer to dump that.

I located an Akira in excellent condition but it's $15 so I'm still shopping one out for less. I have a list of movies that I am looking for, as well as a ton of games i still haven't come across yet. I am looking for a Japanese air traffic controller game, hopefully factory sealed. i just got a Metal Gear Ac!d with excellent case and near mint manual. The last couple times I saw it on a used shelf at a store the condition was substandard so I passed. I love that game almost as much as it's sequel so it had to be great shape. I had an eboot version of it for many years but not physical UMD. It's a card based strategy game using the Metal Gear Solid universe. Very high replay value too. Online games not included, I have spent the most time playing metal gear ac!d 2 than any other game on my PSP since first owning one in 2007. It's in the many hundreds of hours according to my gamesave file with several playthroughs... still looking to unlock a few percentage points. The only other game that took me this long to reach 100% total completion was LEGO Star Wars II (Original Trilogy)... There were so many things to find it was insane.

I have tried to find a proper list of models and haven't found one yet. There is a Wiki list, but it is missing sub-data from within each of 1000, 2000, 3000 series. I think there are continental versions so the final 0 in the PSP becomes one assigned to that region. They go 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004... or 2000, 2001, 2002, and so on and the same through the 3000s. A 1004 would be an original PSP from Europe. Japan is 003 or 002. I don't know much more than that or if chipsets within regions changed often like they did with PS2 and PS3.

Recently Nintendo released a plug and play "mini-NES" box with about 20 games built in. Emulation is fun, especially on PSP because the button setup is solid, and the small screen compliments 8 and 16 bit games. Once clockspeed and framerate is tweaked, they run as good as they do on a PC.

In the past I have seen people remove the UMD drive and replace it with a harddrive from an 80, 120, or 160 gig iPod Classic... but those have become harder to get these days and have become to pricey to chop up for a mod project.

I am invested in PSP until the year 2030. After almost 10 years I have still only played the same dozen or so games over and over again. I usually play the shit out of every game and take my time... yet the pile keeps growing. When it is cheap, good or better condition, and available, I grab it while it's there. Now is an excellent time to grab up tons of PSP games, sellers are unloading for next to nothing. I love PSP the catalog is so good. I wish there was a portable San Andreas. I also need to grab a Chinatown Wars. Not a huge fan of GTA3 or Liberty City/LC Stories but love Vice City and Vice City Stories.

I use a Nintendo GBA emu for PSP and have a rom for GTA2. I cannot figure out how the fuck to enter a vehicle. Is the emulator limited, or is the rom fucked, or is it me? Years later I still cannot enter a vehicle for GBA version running via emulation on PSP handset/d-pad. Overall the GBA version sucks serious ass compared to the PC or even the Playstation 1 version anyways.

JesusJuice

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 19, 2016, 02:38:12 AM
If you enjoy space and building things i suggest checking out Kerbal Space Program.

Build your own rockets... take off to the moon and other planets. NASA created some in game missions. You can play in sandbox or career mode.

Build rovers to explore planets. Launch satellites into orbit. Build Space planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPCMmqA0RUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n16vSEbWXsQ

cweb

The PSP emulator talk is pretty interesting. The lady friend was looking at getting a 3DS (or DS) to play some of the Pokemon games, and I have seen that people did a bit of emulator stuff on that platform as well. Anyone have any insights?

Also, new Xbone update came out yesterday. It's supposed to help with the hooks Win10's Anniversary Update has which allows you to stream games and such. As Microsoft starts pushing their Universal Windows Platform and the Xbone becomes more of a PC, I'm starting to wonder if they ditch the whole console concept in favor of a software handling system (similar to Steam).

Which begs the question. In ten years, is it no longer Xbone vs PS4? Is it instead Microsoft Gaming Whatever vs Steam? Sony has said they're sticking with consoles for now, so what happens there?

zeebo

I tend to be a retro-gamer and never ever pay full price for new games, but I might make an exception for No Man's Sky.  Looks like a nicely-rendered and absolutely massive game.  Supposedly has 10 million alien species roaming across 18 quintillion planets.  :o  It even somehow builds a unique soundtrack for each player.  If anyone picks it up post back and give us your thoughts.

onan

Quote from: zeebo on August 10, 2016, 01:49:32 PM
I tend to be a retro-gamer and never ever pay full price for new games, but I might make an exception for No Man's Sky.  Looks like a nicely-rendered and absolutely massive game.  Supposedly has 10 million alien species roaming across 18 quintillion planets.  :o  It even somehow builds a unique soundtrack for each player.  If anyone picks it up post back and give us your thoughts.

So, probably a week to finish it?

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on August 10, 2016, 01:49:32 PM

picked it up...its definitely not for every one..there is a lot of..resource gathering..exploration..and pretty much..no direction to the game at all..your basically in a ship..with a tool/weapon which you have to recharge often enough..both that and your suit..and you do what ever the hell ya want

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on August 10, 2016, 05:38:14 PM
picked it up...its definitely not for every one..there is a lot of..resource gathering..exploration..and pretty much..no direction to the game at all..your basically in a ship..with a tool/weapon which you have to recharge often enough..both that and your suit..and you do what ever the hell ya want

Does it live up to the hype?

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on August 10, 2016, 05:39:17 PM
Does it live up to the hype?

hard to say..I have pretty much stopped following anything i might be interested in playing for that very reason...it seriously though is not a game everyone will like...while there are creatures and things that will attack you...it is not at all..an action game...if anything its like minecraft meets...some sort of space sim

zeebo

Quote from: onan on August 10, 2016, 02:29:28 PM
So, probably a week to finish it?

More like a month if I can knock out half a quintillion planets per day.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on August 10, 2016, 05:41:33 PM
hard to say..I have pretty much stopped following anything i might be interested in playing for that very reason...it seriously though is not a game everyone will like...while there are creatures and things that will attack you...it is not at all..an action game...if anything its like minecraft meets...some sort of space sim

Yes apparently it's more about exploration along w/ resource mgmt.  Keep us posted please.  This may be the 'check out till after the election' game I've been looking for.