LOL! Literally...tears are still rolling down my face I'm laughing so hard.  ;D

Roswells, Art

Haha, the specs at :51

zeebo

ROFL ... "It's got a whole bunch more memory and megapixels and whatnot"

Imconfused

Is anybody excited about the new PS VR?

I_Speculate

If you want to play PS1 / PS2 or any other 'retro' console you download an emulator for your PC and then go download every single goddamn game for each system that was ever produced for free....

It really is that easy.

Imconfused

Quote from: I_Speculate on June 18, 2016, 06:04:44 PM
If you want to play PS1 / PS2 or any other 'retro' console you download an emulator for your PC and then go download every single goddamn game for each system that was ever produced for free....

It really is that easy.

Yeah,  but you need a really pimped out PC,  which I don't have.

I_Speculate

Quote from: Imconfused on June 18, 2016, 06:13:58 PM
Yeah,  but you need a really pimped out PC,  which I don't have.

Not to run a ps1 or ps2 emulator you don't. My PC is going on upwards of being 10 years old.

What cpu are you running and how much ram do you have?

analog kid

Quote from: I_Speculate on June 18, 2016, 08:06:51 PM
Not to run a ps1 or ps2 emulator you don't. My PC is going on upwards of being 10 years old.

Sometimes it's about owning the physical console and the games. Like having a game room with all your consoles set up would be pretty cool.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: analog kid on June 18, 2016, 08:41:20 PM
Sometimes it's about owning the physical console and the games. Like having a game room with all your consoles set up would be pretty cool.

I know what you're saying. I still have several old video gaming consoles and think they're great. However, I've had to concede that projecting forward in time eventually these experiences will be available to most through emulation primarily because original consoles and games will be part of a a competitive collectable market and therefore out of reach of most. Of course, this may breed an active repro market and I would say already has to some degree but with that come problems too, such as them being sold as originals, etc. Emulation would also serve to ensure the historical preservation of a lot of these games that would otherwise be lost and forgotten to time.  ;)

Imconfused

Quote from: I_Speculate on June 18, 2016, 08:06:51 PM

i5 and 500 GB.  But my graphics card is crappy.  I can't properly even play Second Life.  I have to have the settings really low and it still lags. 

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2016, 03:11:40 AM
I know what you're saying. I still have several old video gaming consoles and think they're great. However, I've had to concede that projecting forward in time eventually these experiences will be available to most through emulation primarily because original consoles and games will be part of a a competitive collectable market and therefore out of reach of most. ....

I know it's super-nerdy, but if I still dream of recreating an 80's style arcade in my basement, complete with all the classic games in their original cabinets & pinball machines too.  Hey I said it was nerdy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on June 19, 2016, 11:32:48 PM
I know it's super-nerdy, but if I still dream of recreating an 80's style arcade in my basement, complete with all the classic games in their original cabinets & pinball machines too.  Hey I said it was nerdy.

Me too! If only I had the space. It may be nerdy but it's sublimely nerdy.  ;)

My dream arcade would be a collection of all the arcade games not easily emulated because of special hardware or control. For example, the motorcycle game Hang On was a motorcycle model with a screen in the middle of the handles that you sat on and manipulated to play the game. While it's still a fun game to play with a video game controller it's a lot more fun to play it that way!  ;D

Anyway, don't just dream. Do! Some people are these days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RdAlt3UKss

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2016, 11:46:36 PM
...My dream arcade would be a collection of all the arcade games not easily emulated because of special hardware or control....

Yes, like track-ball games e.g. Marble Madness & Centipede!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on June 19, 2016, 11:55:16 PM
Yes, like track-ball games e.g. Marble Madness & Centipede!

Yeah, there weren't many trackball games made but I really enjoyed them and they just don't play the same without. Missile Command was a particular favorite of mine. They even release a sequel from the attacking aliens perspective that few know about called Liberator. I've tried to play it in an emulator but it's pretty much impossible to do without a trackball. I was also a big fan of sit down racers like Pole Position and Daytona USA and lightgun games like House of the Dead.

Here's a cool list that includes a lot of these unique controller cabinets:

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/50arcadecabinets/

I was watching that documentary on Michael Jackson with that British reporter and MJ had #34 in his house and said it was one of his favorites. Kinda like a 3D Tony Hawk game. MJ did a lot of work for Sega. I'm sure they probably just gave him one.  ;)

zeebo

Awhile back I made some snarky comments about Skyrim.  I wish to ammend my view of the game.  Lately, after a system crash, I reloaded and started playing from scratch, with all kinds of new mods etc.  I realized that part of my problem was I was being a 'completionist', just mindlessly trying to level-up my char, acquire every magic item, clear every dungeon, etc.  I wasn't actually role-playing it.  That's right, I had an attitude problem.

The thing is, it's such a big game, so much to do, so many ways to approach it, that my style of playing was rather futile and pointless.  So this time with a new char, I decided to just do what my char would do.  I don't accept every silly quest.  I don't obsess about my skill tree.  I don't even have a plan half the time - I just wander around for the heck of it.  I rarely fast travel now.  I sometimes sell all my junk and start over with no items instead of clinging on to my comfort zone.  I'll steal trivial items just for fun.  I steal and eat sweets when I can.  Or I'll read one of the lore books particularly if it would appeal to my char type.  And if I get caught doing something, I deal with the consequences instead of restarting w/ a gamesave.  I pick on giants, it's just my thing ok?  Bottom line - I'm having alot of fun with it now. 

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2016, 06:49:17 PM
Awhile back I made some snarky comments about Skyrim.  I wish to ammend my view of the game.  Lately, after a system crash, I reloaded and started playing from scratch, with all kinds of new mods etc.  I realized that part of my problem was I was being a 'completionist', just mindlessly trying to level-up my char, acquire every magic item, clear every dungeon, etc.  I wasn't actually role-playing it.  That's right, I had an attitude problem.

The thing is, it's such a big game, so much to do, so many ways to approach it, that my style of playing was rather futile and pointless.  So this time with a new char, I decided to just do what my char would do.  I don't accept every silly quest.  I don't obsess about my skill tree.  I don't even have a plan half the time - I just wander around for the heck of it.  I rarely fast travel now.  I sometimes sell all my junk and start over with no items instead of clinging on to my comfort zone.  Sometimes I steal trivial items just for fun.  Or I'll read one of the lore books particularly if it would appeal to my char type.  And if I get caught doing something, I deal with the consequences instead of restarting w/ a gamesave.  I pick on giants, it's just my thing ok?  Bottom line - I'm having alot of fun with it now.

Dovahakiin?!

zeebo

Quote from: rekcuf on June 21, 2016, 06:52:53 PM
Dovahakiin?!

That's what I tell folks after a few Nord Meads.   :D

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2016, 06:56:46 PM
That's what I tell folks after a few Nord Meads.   :D

Sweet!

trostol

Fallout NV and Skyrim need Fallout 4's ability to build ...stuff

analog kid

Quote from: zeebo on June 19, 2016, 11:32:48 PM

The ultimate dream IMO.

zeebo

Quote from: analog kid on June 21, 2016, 08:59:10 PM
The ultimate dream IMO.

You have good taste.  A bottle of the good stuff for you - take your pick!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 20, 2016, 12:24:30 AM

Here's a cool list that includes a lot of these unique controller cabinets:

The art on the cabinets and the top glass plate of those 80s cabinets are excellent. Love the Defender cabinet.

Gruntled

Just a heads up- Steam Summer Sale starts today, June 23, 2016 at 12:45pm EDT.
Not 100% on the time but it's today.

trostol

hmm..New Vegas is now BC on the X1 ....

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on June 23, 2016, 06:23:45 PM
hmm..New Vegas is now BC on the X1 ....

Theres go my hopes of it being remastered  :-\

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on June 23, 2016, 06:27:21 PM
Theres go my hopes of it being remastered  :-\

pretty sure yer lucky getting a Skyrim remaster